+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 ... LastLast
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Re: 2017 Binder Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Because Carter is better
    Because Carter was signed to pinch hit
    Because Carter hits home runs

If not in that situation, when the heck do they plan on using the guy? There was also a situation in game 1, bases loaded and 2 out I believe it was, 7th inning, where he hit Hicks for Torreyes instead of Carter. If it's as simple as lefty/righty split thing that's ridiculous. Pretty sure all the binder has in it is a single sheet of loose leaf paper that says "Righty/lefty"
    I absolutely agree. Carter's only helpful role, besides a very occasional start at 1B, is THE exact scenarios you describe. Carter has to be the go-to pinch hitter over Hicks.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

"Resting" Judge 4 games into the season with 2 off days in between those 4 games. I don't know if he is the right manager for a team transitioning to a youth movement.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    "Resting" Judge 4 games into the season with 2 off days in between those 4 games. I don't know if he is the right manager for a team transitioning to a youth movement.
    Ya is are also trying to contend so donf expect to see Judge in RF for 150 games. Knowing Hicks was going to start at some point doingit against a tough righty I have no problem with. Now if Judge starts to hit then leave him out there. Now any more than one time per week I will have a problem but Hicks is going to play some ams right now Gardner and Ellsbury are hitting better.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Joe wasn't going to change. He most certainly is the wrong guy to lead this team through a transition.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

He's clearly not.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Sort of expected Hicks today. It's only one game so really not a big deal.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Sort of expected Hicks today. It's only one game so really not a big deal.
    It should not come at the expense of playing time for Judge this early in the season. Judge needs the at bats.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Soooo bad at managing a bullpen. I'd like to see him without two relief aces. His brain would literally cave in.

Betances is being "overworked" again! An inning and a third in April? Jeez, Joe, give the guy a breather, will ya?

But, please, tell me about his awesome peripherals some more.

NYYF Legend

I sure wish that Joe would re-read the chapter that if Warren is pitching well, leave him alone and let him pitch.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I sure wish that Joe would re-read the chapter that if Warren is pitching well, leave him alone and let him pitch.
    There's no chapter like that in the Binder.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    There's no chapter like that in the Binder.
    It was an addendum added just this year.

That wasn't on Joe. Betances just showed why he lost in arbitration.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

NYYF Legend

Agreed. Plus Carter has better career splits against RHP than Hicks does.
    They don't want Warren to start but pull him after an inning and a third.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Shows Muscle View Post
    Betances is being "overworked" again! An inning and a third in April? Jeez, Joe, give the guy a breather, will ya?

But, please, tell me about his awesome peripherals some more.
    You're right, he's awful. Just another run-of-the-mill 14 k/9 reliever.

NYYF Legend

Five games in with two off days and Ellsbury being rested today. And Romine the starting catcher.

NYYF Cy Young

That really bothers me. Warren looked great. We see this all the time with Joe - it's like automatic. He love the match ups. Many times the opposing coaches just pinch hits and we lose our solid pitcher.... I call it micromanaging and I don't see this working that much. I am not saying we would have won that game but I think we lost the lead and the game. (IMO) This is Chapter one in the binder. Chapter two is the reliever (Warren, our long reliever) will not pitch more than one inning unless our starter is gone by the 3rd.

"Conventional baseball wisdom suggests that, when a pitcher and a hitter pitch or bat with the same hand, the pitcher typically has the advantage."

Chapter two is the reliever (Warren) can not pitch more than one inning.

Just happen we won.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    That really bothers me. Warren looked great. We see this all the time with Joe - it's like automatic. He love the match ups. Many times the opposing coaches just pinch hits and we lose our solid pitcher.... I call it micromanaging and I don't see this working that much. I am not saying we would have won that game but I think we lost the lead and the game. (IMO) This is Chapter one in the binder. Chapter two is the reliever (Warren, our long reliever) will not pitch more than one inning unless our starter is gone by the 3rd.

"Conventional baseball wisdom suggests that, when a pitcher and a hitter pitch or bat with the same hand, the pitcher typically has the advantage."

Just happen we won.
    This man speaks the truth
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

I feel like he's been even more frantic with switches (of all types - pinch hitting and running especially and burning his whole bench in one move) than usual this first week of the season. It's concerning. I watch a lot of other games with MLB.TV and nobody else seems to make the amount of moves Joe does.
    Bad manager.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post

Just happen we won.
    Pulling Warren for Betances or Chapman I can understand. But for Layne simply because he is left-handed. And unfortunately with Joe we will see this move all season.

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    I feel like he's been even more frantic with switches (of all types - pinch hitting and running especially and burning his whole bench in one move) than usual this first week of the season. It's concerning. I watch a lot of other games with MLB.TV and nobody else seems to make the amount of moves Joe does.
    It's been getting worse since the trade deadline of 2015. Panickin' Joe
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Joe wasn't going to change. He most certainly is the wrong guy to lead this team through a transition.
    A few of us have decided he is not. Of course, batting Hicks second today worked out so he didn't come up in the 9th.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Joe is continuing to make head scratching decisions with the bullpen. Or does everyone forget last September's series at Fenway.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Joe is continuing to make head scratching decisions with the bullpen. Or does everyone forget last September's series at Fenway.
    That was the top Panickin' Joe moment

NYYF Legend

Ellsbury back in the 2 hole. Romine playing again.

Get rid of the binder and it's owner.

Thread Information