+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Re: 2017 C.C. Sabathia Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    I think he's done enough to earn the Pettite "one year at a time" treatment in terms of contract offers... and I'm assuming they will offer him one, just to provide veteran presence and stability in the rotation

Assuming Tanaka doesn't opt out, their rotation is then packed... not sure where Otani would fit in the picture, unless they trade Montgomery or Gray
    I have to believe that this is it for Sabathia as a Yankee unless he's willing to move to the pen.
    I say this based on the fact that he's barely a 5-inning starter now.

Would love to keep him but not at the expense of Monty, Otani or even Chance Adams.

I'm on the fence about Gray - don't feel he's a fit for the Yankees, YSIII or the AL East but at this point you're probably selling low if you trade him now.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    Assuming Tanaka doesn't opt out, their rotation is then packed... not sure where Otani would fit in the picture, unless they trade Montgomery or Gray
    I will absolutely strangle them if they trade Montgomery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    I'm on the fence about Gray - don't feel he's a fit for the Yankees, YSIII or the AL East but at this point you're probably selling low if you trade him now.
    Agree, plenty worried about him but too early to bail, regardless of 2017 playoff results going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Agree, plenty worried about him but too early to bail, regardless of 2017 playoff results going forward.
    The issue isn't his one bad start in the playoffs. It's his 5.30 ERA in Yankee Stadium.

My respects big man, heart of a champion ! Bravo, Bravo.

Yankee legend

These tough postseason starts are adding millions to be 2018 price tag. Taking the ball when your team is desperate and delivering...amazing stuff.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

Papi says: "CC Sebastian is the ace of this generation."
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    The issue isn't his one bad start in the playoffs. It's his 5.30 ERA in Yankee Stadium.
    Very small sample size.

I love this guy. Coming up huge over and over. Always when we need it.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Evil Empire

“Losers look stuff up while the rest of us are out carpin’ all them diems”

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    Very small sample size.
    It's not an isolated start or 2. Gray's had 6 starts in The Stadium. If this season were to be considered an audition, he's had 2 months to show what he can do. That's not a brief audition. What else are they going to go on?

He's spent his career in an extreme pitcher's park. There's always been a question of how his game would translate into Yankee Stadium and the more hitter friendly Parks of the AL East. Consider the following:

Camden Yards - 4 starts, 5.40 ERA
    Fenway Park - 3 starts, 6.75 ERA
    Yankee Stadium - 6 starts, 5.30 ERA

Yes, more small samples, but that's 13 starts in 3 parks where the Yankees play a lot of big games and he's struggled in every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Papi says: "CC Sebastian is the ace of this generation."
    The buffoonery of this guy is off the charts. I've tried really hard to ensure that I don't judge his contributions in that booth based on my dislike for him as a player, and I think I've been successful in that regard. But I can't see how anyone that doesn't sleep in Papi Pajamas or subscribe to his Milkshake of the Month club doesn't want to strangle him (in the proverbial sense).

Similarly, I've tried not to be a homer in evaluating A-Rod's contributions, and I think I've also been successful in that regard. He brings insights and articulates points based on his extensive baseball acumen - as a player, as an analyst and a fan of the game. The only thing that I'm not enjoying from him is the faux-rivalry shtick he and Ortiz have going on. It's tired already.

Thread Information