+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Venmo

Addicted Member

Venmo

Has anyone had any issues with Venmo? I recently received an email from Venmo saying you can't use for business transactions like sales of tickets

Forum Regular

Re: Venmo

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with Venmo? I recently received an email from Venmo saying you can't use for business transactions like sales of tickets
    As a buyer YOU ARE NOT protected. I was using it to accept Payment from people but recently I stopped accepting it after seeing that. So rules or not if you pay someone and the tickets are bad you are SOL. I Know PayPal fees are terrible but please spend the extra $5 to be safe. not worth it to lose $100-$200 over a $5 fee.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    As a buyer YOU ARE NOT protected. I was using it to accept Payment from people but recently I stopped accepting it after seeing that. So rules or not if you pay someone and the tickets are bad you are SOL. I Know PayPal fees are terrible but please spend the extra $5 to be safe. not worth it to lose $100-$200 over a $5 fee.
    Are there are risks as a seller?

This a really good article about why Venmo sucks.
    Even with PayPal, with the fee, you are not protected against digital goods.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Are there are risks as a seller?
    No but why accept a payment where your customer isn't protected. It's like taking cash from a random stranger, they give you their credit card in case of a problem.

The only time I'll take VENMO is if it's someone pay for tickets after they've attended the event and that's usually close friends/family.

Thread Information