+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 70 71 72 73
Results 1,801 to 1,806 of 1806

Thread: Healthcare

NYYF Legend

Re: Healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    In network and out of network services are one of the biggest scams in American healthcare.

https://www.wric.com/news/national/t...ack/1401943000
    For routine and preventative care I think in and out of network services make sense because they can hold down costs while still providing good care. In case of emergencies like in the article you linked everything should be considered in network though.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    For routine and preventative care I think in and out of network services make sense because they can hold down costs while still providing good care. In case of emergencies like in the article you linked everything should be considered in network though.
    It only sounds like it makes sense because it's what we are used to. A person should be able to go to the doctor they choose and their health care decisions should be made together. Some person with no medical training sitting in an office 500 miles away should not be part of that process.
    "Forget the myths the media created about the White House. The truth is, these aren't very bright guys, and things got out of hand." RIP William Goldman

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    It only sounds like it makes sense because it's what we are used to. A person should be able to go to the doctor they choose and their health care decisions should be made together. Some person with no medical training sitting in an office 500 miles away should not be part of that process.
    I agree that we should be able to see the doctor of our choosing up to a point. In the example I'm thinking of, our gym has an urgent care clinic right next door. There are times when we will use them for convenience rather than our regular doctors. I expect (and think it's ok) that we will pay more for using them than we would otherwise.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Merck pulls out of agreement to provide rotavirus vaccine to West Africa the same week they are approved to start selling it in China.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan..._medium=social

The pharmaceutical giant Merck & Co. Inc. is ending a long-term agreement to supply a lifesaving vaccine for children in West Africa.

At the same time, the company has started sending the vaccine to China, where it will likely be sold for a much higher price.

The vaccine is for a deadly form of diarrhea, called rotavirus, which kills about 200,000 young children and babies each year.

Merck's decision means it will fall short of its commitment to supply its rotavirus vaccine, RotaTeq, to four low-income countries in 2018 and 2019, according to Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. By 2020, the company will completely stop delivering its vaccine.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...6c1e50fd0a3d48

Pfizer to Raise Drug Prices, Ending Trump-Requested Freeze

Pfizer Inc., the U.S.ís biggest drugmaker, will raise prices on about 10 percent of its pharmaceutical products next year after briefly halting such increases at the request of President Donald Trump earlier this year.

The average list-price increase on the 41 drugs will be about 5 percent, Pfizer said in a statement Friday.
    Great timing right after the midterms. How convenient.

NYYF Legend

Switching hospital systems resulted in a two week insurance gap. So to make sure I was covered I got Cobra coverage. Its over $200. My cost for a whole month would be $460.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Thread Information