+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 62 63 64 65
Results 1,601 to 1,614 of 1614

Thread: Healthcare

  1. #1601
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I know that. You know that. Anybody who has spent time listening and reading about health policy knows that. Hell, Sean Hannity knows that, but he'll still sell his millions of viewers a bill of goods that this is the Democrats fault - and some of them will buy it.
    From what I hear this morning a majority of Americans are starting to believe this as well
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  2. #1602
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    From what I hear this morning a majority of Americans are starting to believe this as well
    Let's hope so.

    This is what Republicans have done for decades now. Spend all their energy sabotaging all government services, then tell people "look how bad government is at helping".

  3. #1603
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Healthcare

    Of the top ten states receiving ACA subsidies that 45 ended last night, 8of the states voted for 45
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

  4. #1604

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Of the top ten states receiving ACA subsidies that 45 ended last night, 8of the states voted for 45
    Serves them right. You reap what you sow. Maybe this will wake them up.

  5. #1605
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: Healthcare

    If Bloomberg is right, this could end up costing the US almost $200B....

    Here’s why: The subsidies clamped by Trump, known as cost-sharing reductions, are paid to insurers, reimbursing them for lowering deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs for low-income people. If the funds vanish, insurers will make up for them by boosting the cost of health coverage for everyone. Many had already said they will charge more for plans next year, on the expectation that the administration would follow through on months of threats to end the payments.

    But there are other subsidies in play. More than eight in ten individuals who buy Obamacare plans also get help paying their premiums directly from the federal government. When their premiums climb, so does the cost to the Treasury.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...am-194-billion

  6. #1606

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    If Bloomberg is right, this could end up costing the US almost $200B....



    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...am-194-billion
    This is what the ACA is all about. It's a Republican plan that Republicans somehow don't get or defend. This is a society that doesn't let people die in the street. If/when they show up at a hospital in need of treatment, they cannot be turned away; they must be treated. The whole point of ACA, Romney Care, Heritage Foundation plan, etc is to get freeloaders to pay into the system and to stop passing on the cost of the uninsured to everyone else.

    This isn't a liberal plan. It isn't socialism. It's a business model. Real liberals, or progressives, or whatever they're calling themselves these days would be pushing for single payer as Bernie is.

    But this is what our politics has been reduced to. No matter what he says, Trump is not an America-first president. This is all about vilifying your opponents so you have a better chance of winning the next election, citizens be damned.

  7. #1607
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    This is what the ACA is all about. It's a Republican plan that Republicans somehow don't get or defend. This is a society that doesn't let people die in the street. If/when they show up at a hospital in need of treatment, they cannot be turned away; they must be treated. The whole point of ACA, Romney Care, Heritage Foundation plan, etc is to get freeloaders to pay into the system and to stop passing on the cost of the uninsured to everyone else.

    This isn't a liberal plan. It isn't socialism. It's a business model. Real liberals, or progressives, or whatever they're calling themselves these days would be pushing for single payer as Bernie is.

    But this is what our politics has been reduced to. No matter what he says, Trump is not an America-first president. This is all about vilifying your opponents so you have a better chance of winning the next election, citizens be damned.
    The argument was lost when Romney, who was so proud of what he did in MA that a copy of the Romneycare bill is in his official MA Governor portrait, abandoned his own plan when he ran for President.

    Never mind that it was a Heritage Foundation idea. It was put into law by a guy with a D after his name so it's a communist government takeover.

  8. #1608

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    The argument was lost when Romney, who was so proud of what he did in MA that a copy of the Romneycare bill is in his official MA Governor portrait, abandoned his own plan when he ran for President.

    Never mind that it was a Heritage Foundation idea. It was put into law by a guy with a D after his name so it's a communist government takeover.
    Not only a D by his name, but dark skin to boot...

  9. #1609

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    The argument was lost when Romney, who was so proud of what he did in MA that a copy of the Romneycare bill is in his official MA Governor portrait, abandoned his own plan when he ran for President.

    Never mind that it was a Heritage Foundation idea. It was put into law by a guy with a D after his name so it's a communist government takeover.
    An approach he opposed in the primaries. Putting his name on it was laughable.

  10. #1610

    Re: Healthcare

    CHIP and community health centers funding expired on September 30th.

    MAGA
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  11. #1611

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    CHIP and community health centers funding expired on September 30th.

    MAGA
    I mean, CHILDREN.

  12. #1612
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    He is so damn despicable.
    He's an enemy of the state and needs to be regarded as such.

  13. #1613

    Re: Healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    He's an enemy of the state and needs to be regarded as such.
    A clear and present danger.

  14. #1614
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Healthcare

    Tone fair, this issue of the payments has been dragging through the courts, and there's a pretty strong case to be made that they are unconstitutional. Whether Congress has standing to challenge it is a separate question.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts