+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: *So now with ST's shocking success do you feel differently about the upcoming sea

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post

This is what happens when you express extreme hatred for something.

Nicely done. It irked me a bit. I yield.

Re: *So now with ST's shocking success do you feel differently about the upcoming sea

Man, I know it's only ST, but, this team is kicking some ass !
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

NYYF Legend

Wow. I didn't know JEJ was a member of the forum.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    Man, I know it's only ST, but, this team is kicking some ass !
    I haven't seen but 3 innings, but I am excited for the future.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

I am excited about the coming season mainly because of the young players. Even if they show weakness , I think this is the way to have a good team. I would like to see Torres stay with the club for awhile until Didi comes back. I think he has earned it. Didn't Jeter come up at the age of 20?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I am excited about the coming season mainly because of the young players. Even if they show weakness , I think this is the way to have a good team. I would like to see Torres stay with the club for awhile until Didi comes back. I think he has earned it. Didn't Jeter come up at the age of 20?
    Jeter had AA and AAA ball experience. Torres needs at least a good sample size of games in AA before the Yankees even consider it. I think he's legit as well, but I don't blame the Yankees in giving him more time.

NYYF Legend

Melky was also brought up at age 20 for a few games but was overmatched and sent down. He had only a half season at AA at that point and wasn’t ready. Jeter was brought up from AAA at 20 in 95 because Tony Fernandez got hurt.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Melky was also brought up at age 20 for a few games but was overmatched and sent down. He had only a half season at AA at that point and wasn’t ready. Jeter was brought up from AAA at 20 in 95 because Tony Fernandez got hurt.
    if I remember right, he was also mashing AA and AAA and showed he was ready. Torres is definitely the future, his time will come.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    if I remember right, he was also mashing AA and AAA and showed he was ready. Torres is definitely the future, his time will come.
    I don't think he was mashing it up that year but he was in 2006 so they called him up and he did much better at age 21-22.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    Yeah, Jeter was definitely ready for the next level hitting wise.

Thread Information