+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Is it time to revisit the hair/beard policy

I appreciate the Yankees keeping this tradition going. We are losing touch with what made the game what it is today and what teams like the Yankees have done.

Clean shaven and short hair. How terrible! There are no negatives to the Yankees having this policy and enforcing it. I say "Thank You" to the Yankees.

It ties into pride and tradition. I guarantee that the overwhelming majority of Yankee players past and present appreciate this policy.

I cringe when I watch an NBA game and see the tattoos and hair styles. There is a player (name unknown) who has a hair style that looks like the brim of a cap! NHL playoffs is like "cavemen on ice". Football may come up with a rule preventing the "Predator" type hair styles as one grab of hair by a pursuing player may break the runner's neck.

I wish someone on the Yankees would tell Pineda to wear his hat properly..............

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    reductio ad absurdum much?

Oooh, nice.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    I appreciate the Yankees keeping this tradition going. We are losing touch with what made the game what it is today and what teams like the Yankees have done.

Clean shaven and short hair. How terrible! There are no negatives to the Yankees having this policy and enforcing it. I say "Thank You" to the Yankees.

It ties into pride and tradition. I guarantee that the overwhelming majority of Yankee players past and present appreciate this policy.

I cringe when I watch an NBA game and see the tattoos and hair styles. There is a player (name unknown) who has a hair style that looks like the brim of a cap! NHL playoffs is like "cavemen on ice". Football may come up with a rule preventing the "Predator" type hair styles as one grab of hair by a pursuing player may break the runner's neck.

I wish someone on the Yankees would tell Pineda to wear his hat properly..............
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Cy Young

Long hair and facial hair is also a part of some cultures or religions. I know it would probably never happen, but theoretically, what if there was a Sikh player who was considering going to the Yankees. Sikh believe in never cutting their hair, including facial hair, because it goes against their religious belief that it would alter the perfection of what God had created. Even Judaism and Islam have some beliefs regarding the importance of facial hair.

And I haven't seen it mentioned, but I feel like baseball players are the most superstitious of any professional athlete. Why force them to change something that they might feel like is bringing them success?

It's probably also affected the Yankees with some free agents. David Price had famously stated he would never play for the organization because of this dumb policy. What if Bryce Harper feels the same way? He's gonna be offered a boatload of money by more teams than just the Yankees, so what if this is what puts him over the top and decide on another team instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    But I don't like the look of the Red Sox, and every time I see a football player running with the ball with hair below his neck, I cheer for the opposition tackle him violently by his hair.
    I know this was ruled legal by the NFL, so a lot of players on offense stopped growing their hair out, but cheering for them to be tackled "violently" by their hair just because you don't like the way it looks only proves that you're an @ssh0le.

Thread Information