+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just a thought on the 5/14/17 game honoring Derek Jeter

I would love to attend this game, but I've been thinking about the exorbitant ticket prices being charged for what is, after the pre-game ceremony, a night game in mid-May (which may be a bit on the cold side). So I think I might stay home and instead, make a donation to Derek's Turn 2 Foundation in honor of his plaque dedication/number retirement. Not that Jeter is short on funds with which to run his organization, but I feel like the money would do more good this way. Just a thought.....

Re: Just a thought on the 5/14/17 game honoring Derek Jeter

Take the money and run.

Let them "I been a Yankees fan since birth and just want to be ONE game in my life" spend their hard earned money.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Legend

Good point. People spending for basically a 20 minute ceremony.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

They'll tell you to be in your seats at 7:00 sharp & the ceremony won't start until 7:32.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Didn't they already have an entire season honoring Derek Jeter?

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Didn't they already have an entire season honoring Derek Jeter?
    Ye$ and an entire $ea$on wa$n't enough time to honor the greate$t $hort$top. We need to officially officially retire hi$ jer$ey.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    Ye$ and an entire $ea$on wa$n't enough time to honor the greate$t $hort$top. We need to officially officially retire hi$ jer$ey.
    Which is what should have done at one of the Jeter Days at the end of his last season. But Yankees did not have dynamic pricing to gouge the fans more when Jeter retired.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Which is what should have done at one of the Jeter Days at the end of his last season. But Yankees did not have dynamic pricing to gouge the fans more when Jeter retired.
    Agree. I was at both Jeter Day and Jeter's last game. Nothing could top that for me. I will not pay the crazy ticket prices for this game in May.

How would it differ from this, except for the plaque?

NJ Fan, I was at both games, also, and agree with you. I'm not sure the Yankees waited just for dynamic pricing to kick in; I think it's also because the team is in a rebuilding mode and they need to come up with ideas to get fans to fill the seats. (Let's see if there's a Shane Spencer Day, next year .)

For those interested in learning more about what the Turn 2 Foundation does, here is a link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/players/jeter_derek/index.jsp

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    NJ Fan, I was at both games, also, and agree with you. I'm not sure the Yankees waited just for dynamic pricing to kick in; I think it's also because the team is in a rebuilding mode and they need to come up with ideas to get fans to fill the seats. (Let's see if there's a Shane Spencer Day, next year .)

For those interested in learning more about what the Turn 2 Foundation does, here is a link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/players/jeter_derek/index.jsp
    Yankees could have at least scheduled this during the summer. No one likes Sunday night games especially in April and May.

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    (Let's see if there's a Shane Spencer Day, next year .)
    I'm still waiting for Joe Pepitone Day.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Yankees could have at least scheduled this during the summer. No one likes Sunday night games especially in April and May.
    Global Warming

"dynamic pricing" just opened the door for Levine and Co. to grossly overcharge and restrict the game to those who can afford to pay ridiculous prices. None of the riff-raff allowed. When I say riff-raff, I mean normal folks who might have scrimped to pay the $12 for an obstructed view seat.

If Jeter had any sense of loyalty to his fans, he would tell them, "you know, you're screwing people who followed me for 20 years..., I'll pass unless you remedy the situation.."
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    "dynamic pricing" just opened the door for Levine and Co. to grossly overcharge and restrict the game to those who can afford to pay ridiculous prices. None of the riff-raff allowed. When I say riff-raff, I mean normal folks who might have scrimped to pay the $12 for an obstructed view seat.

If Jeter had any sense of loyalty to his fans, he would tell them, "you know, you're screwing people who followed me for 20 years..., I'll pass unless you remedy the situation.."
    The other day i stopped in at one of the Yankee team stores and asked about tickets for opening day. They told me to go look on Stubhub as the tickets were cheaper. That is backwards.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    The other day i stopped in at one of the Yankee team stores and asked about tickets for opening day. They told me to go look on Stubhub as the tickets were cheaper. That is backwards.

Surprised the workers would tell you that.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I am disappointed that Jeter's number 2 is being retired for him instead of The Crow.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I am disappointed that Jeter's number 2 is being retired for him instead of The Crow.
    Or Jerry Kenny.

NYYF Legend

I will watch the game and ceremony at home where my wife and I can share a six pack for less than the cost of a single beer at YS without having to spend $100 or more for a ticket, $37 for parking and spending an hour ech wy in. Traffic and untold tolls.

ANDY
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Since dynamic pricing was instituted after us season ticket holders received our invoices I wonder if next season our prices will go up to reflect the new policy.

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post

The guy sold his game used socks for $500. The only loyalty he has is to Steiner sports to make sure they authenticate ceremony used chairs

Wonder if there will be special ceremonies or promotions for 5/12-13 leading up to the Sunday Jeter Night. Those game dates are also listed as prime games.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    The guy sold his game used socks for $500. The only loyalty he has is to Steiner sports to make sure they authenticate ceremony used chairs
    Maybe true, but unlike other grubbers that will sell their jock strap for an evening at Flashdancers, DJ isn't PERCEIVED as being one. He is looked upon with rose colored glasses and his IMAGE to the fans is paramount.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

I have tickets for it but i'm wondering if the yankees put any thought at all into the day

They didn't take into consideration that it's Mothers Day??? My mom is a big Jeter fan so it worked out in that regard but still

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Roy White Day. #6
    His number was retired.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.roy View Post
    Roy White Day. #6
    His number was retired.

They also retired #9, but I'm still waiting for Graig Nettles Day.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information