+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parking in 2017

Parking in 2017

I ordered a game ticket and was offered the option to buy a parking pass, listed at $37.00. So I'm guessing that is the new parking cost this season, up from $35.00 for the past few years.

Re: Parking in 2017

Get there early -- plenty of FREE parking within two blocks walking radius.

But if you one of those who want to be right next to the gate -- then, what's $37?
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

I'm thinking as the neighborhood starts to change, that free parking is going to become more scarce. It's not going to start this season, but give it a few years.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    I ordered a game ticket and was offered the option to buy a parking pass, listed at $37.00. So I'm guessing that is the new parking cost this season, up from $35.00 for the past few years.
    It's still $35 there is a $2 fee that your seeing. If you look for game by game parking from the parking vendor it is still $35 for all the garages (it's not click and park it's quick park or something like that) and $25 for the 151 lot.

Anybody know where you can park at the Stadium in the AM head into Midtown for the day and return for the game that night?

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    It's still $35 there is a $2 fee that your seeing. If you look for game by game parking from the parking vendor it is still $35 for all the garages (it's not click and park it's quick park or something like that) and $25 for the 151 lot.
    Arod7593, thanks for clarifying; now paying $35 doesn't seem as bad .

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    Anybody know where you can park at the Stadium in the AM head into Midtown for the day and return for the game that night?
    There are 2 choices that I know of. 164 and river Ave opens at 6am. There is also a lot on 161 near the movie theatre just beyond the grand concourse that I think may be a 24 hr lot

Forum Regular

Where are you coming from? If it's anywhere near the GWB you can park at Spuyten Duyvil and take the train to the game and then take the train back and not have to worry about anything. Parking there is free or at least had been last year.

I've done it coming from NJ and it takes 8 minutes to get there from once you hit the NY side of the GWB.

NYYF Cy Young

Check out the ParkWhiz app. You can prepay for parking at usually a discounted rate. Looks like ithere are a few lots available for about $14-$15.

Forum Regular

To correct myself I have rechecked the parking thru quikpark and it appears that it indeed did go up to $37 for the 2 closest garages. I maybe going to the soccer game this weekend at the Stadium and if I do I will confirm the price.

To correct myself I have rechecked the parking thru quikpark and it appears that it indeed did go up to $37 for the 2 closest garages. I maybe going to the soccer game this weekend at the Stadium and if I do I will confirm the price.
    Arod7593, that will be very helpful, thanks! To respond to some others, there are some people who either don't want to fret about what might be happening to their car while it's parked on the street (not even talking about theft here, an accidental side swipe, minor vandalism, etc.), and some others with disabilities who need to park close by and don't have the choice of walking a few blocks to avoid the most expensive fees. I know the Yankees say repeatedly that they do not own the parking and have no control over the fees, but the high costs make it easier to curl up on the couch with a big HDTV and nice snacks and beverages of one's choosing, and skip the live game experience entirely.

I can't help but look back on all the games I attended from 1998-2001, and how little the parking (and the tickets, for that matter) cost, for the quality of play I was lucky enough to witness. I love being at the ballpark, but now we are paying top dollar for a team that is still a work in progress before they can even compete for one WS championship, much less the seemingly annual ritual that was the post-season from 1996-2001.

NYYF Cy Young

I can't help but look back on all the games I attended from 1998-2001, and how little the parking (and the tickets, for that matter) cost, for the quality of play I was lucky enough to witness. I love being at the ballpark, but now we are paying top dollar for a team that is still a work in progress before they can even compete for one WS championship, much less the seemingly annual ritual that was the post-season from 1996-2001.
    Scranton and Trenton aren't too far, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Scranton and Trenton aren't too far, at least.
    That's true, and with the quality of some of the players that will be playing in Scranton this season, it might be fun to see a game there.

Forum Regular

Arod7593, that will be very helpful, thanks! To respond to some others, there are some people who either don't want to fret about what might be happening to their car while it's parked on the street (not even talking about theft here, an accidental side swipe, minor vandalism, etc.), and some others with disabilities who need to park close by and don't have the choice of walking a few blocks to avoid the most expensive fees. I know the Yankees say repeatedly that they do not own the parking and have no control over the fees, but the high costs make it easier to curl up on the couch with a big HDTV and nice snacks and beverages of one's choosing, and skip the live game experience entirely.
    I agree the parking is outrageous. Usually when I go I sit Legends (granted i've never spent more than $200 on a legends ticket, usually in the $100-150 range) with one exception of bernie night he was my favorite yankee and I feel that every dollar of that $100-200 I'm spending is worth it. I find $0 of the $37 worth it for the parking and despite having the money I won't pay it. It takes an extra 10 minutes for me to park for free at Spuyten Divual and take the Metro North which costs $3 each way (and takes 9 minutes) and there are many times they don't even check your ticket on the way home. I drive a entry level lux car and have never had one issue with my car there. One other benefit granted this is rare these days on crowded days you don't have to worry about traffic.

To the person that said the Yankees don't control it I find hard to believe considering them and NYCFC give out free parking to Premium Season Ticket Holders and everyone else (who has season tickets for 41 game plans) can purchase parking for $22-26 a game. Seems like they can make parking at least $10 less than it is. $25 for parking I find bearable anything above that is crazy.

Arod7593, agreed.

Where are you coming from? If it's anywhere near the GWB you can park at Spuyten Duyvil and take the train to the game and then take the train back and not have to worry about anything. Parking there is free or at least had been last year.

I've done it coming from NJ and it takes 8 minutes to get there from once you hit the NY side of the GWB.
    Coming from LI so that's out of the way.

Advice: use the app Spothero to find a spot in a parking garage nearby the stadium. At most, it'll be like $15-20 for the duration of the game, so it isn't too too bad.

Forum Regular

Just an update I didn't go to the game. Legends Seats never went below $90 and for two of us who were just going to go for a nice lunch and sit inside legends the whole time after all it was 30 degrees out it wasn't worth it. Last year I picked up Legends on some NICE days for $55,60 and $70. I thought for sure some $55 legends would've been had and hey $55 for that kinda lunch is a lunch and dinner and a good time plus I wanted to check out the renovated club, but I digress. So the answer to the parking fee will have to wait. Instead I spent $30 on a flower show in Philadelphia which must to my surprise included free wine and liquor tasting of over 100 different drinks. Man what a good way to get the men to a flower show!

Just an update I didn't go to the game. Legends Seats never went below $90 and for two of us who were just going to go for a nice lunch and sit inside legends the whole time after all it was 30 degrees out it wasn't worth it. Last year I picked up Legends on some NICE days for $55,60 and $70. I thought for sure some $55 legends would've been had and hey $55 for that kinda lunch is a lunch and dinner and a good time plus I wanted to check out the renovated club, but I digress. So the answer to the parking fee will have to wait. Instead I spent $30 on a flower show in Philadelphia which must to my surprise included free wine and liquor tasting of over 100 different drinks. Man what a good way to get the men to a flower show!
    Arod7593, thanks for the update. I'm not due to go to a game until June, so I'd appreciate you updating this thread when you next go to the Stadium.

I like your strategy for enjoying the Legends section, and it sounds like the flower show was a great deal on a chilly March day!

I agree the parking is outrageous. Usually when I go I sit Legends (granted i've never spent more than $200 on a legends ticket, usually in the $100-150 range) with one exception of bernie night he was my favorite yankee and I feel that every dollar of that $100-200 I'm spending is worth it. I find $0 of the $37 worth it for the parking and despite having the money I won't pay it. It takes an extra 10 minutes for me to park for free at Spuyten Divual and take the Metro North which costs $3 each way (and takes 9 minutes) and there are many times they don't even check your ticket on the way home. I drive a entry level lux car and have never had one issue with my car there. One other benefit granted this is rare these days on crowded days you don't have to worry about traffic.

To the person that said the Yankees don't control it I find hard to believe considering them and NYCFC give out free parking to Premium Season Ticket Holders and everyone else (who has season tickets for 41 game plans) can purchase parking for $22-26 a game. Seems like they can make parking at least $10 less than it is. $25 for parking I find bearable anything above that is crazy.
    i've never taken the metro north to yankee stadium, where does it let you off by near the stadium?? I usually bring my uncle to games and he has bad knees, so the less walking the better for him. I tend to drive when bringing him and try to park as close to the stadium to help him out
    Last edited by YanksBX31; 03-25-17 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBX31 View Post
    i've never taken the metro north to yankee stadium, where does it let you off by near the stadium?? I usually bring my uncle to games and he has bad knees, so the less walking the better for him. I tend to drive when bringing him and try to park as close to the stadium to help him out
    Its a bit of a walk from Metro North to YS including stairs. The pedestrian bridge to the station is where the "bat" was at the old Stadium.

Forum Regular

Arod7593, thanks for the update. I'm not due to go to a game until June, so I'd appreciate you updating this thread when you next go to the Stadium.

I like your strategy for enjoying the Legends section, and it sounds like the flower show was a great deal on a chilly March day!
    You got it! I'll be there either April 1st for the Soccer game or one of the Opening Week games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    Its a bit of a walk from Metro North to YS including stairs. The pedestrian bridge to the station is where the "bat" was at the old Stadium.
    ahh okay, thanks yeah that could be a bit much for my uncle. Sounds good though when I go with others. Appreciate it

NYYF Cy Young

Booze aside, I have to admit, as a man, that the Philly flower show is pretty awesome.

Thread Information