+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: 2017 New York Giants Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I mean if he's on a team with a great defense, a solid running game, and he can manage the passing game he might be able to make one more run like his brother did in Denver but that's not the Giants in the next 2 season which is probably all Eli might have left in the tank.
    Exactly -- which is something management has been well aware of. So for Reese to set this team up for failure by constructing a horrendous O-line for the past couple of seasons is shameful. I'm not sure that Rodgers or Brady in their prime could put up a winning record with no line, no running game, and the injuries to the WRs.

Fire Reese.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/11/...offensive-line
    Kevin Gilbride:

“Back in 2009 I started to argue that the line was getting old and 2010 we were getting beat up, we were still winning because we were still good enough. In 2011 even when we won the Super Bowl there were multiple guys getting hurt and banged up, and by 2012 we went 9-7 but we were hanging on by dear life,” Gilbride said. “We were hanging onto that windowsill with our fingernails. When 2013 happened and there were six different starters at running back, three different at right guard, four different at center, three at left guard. That stuff’s been going on for a while now.

“This isn’t just an overnight thing. People are acting like this just happened. This has been a buildup that needed to be addressed for a while.”
    Last edited by Panamaniac42; 12-01-17 at 12:47 PM.

Adam Schefter‏
    Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    1h
    1 hour ago

More
    Giants could fire HC Ben McAdoo in 24 hours after Sunday's game vs. Raiders, sources tell @mortreport and me.

Lets say this is true. HOW do you let him make the final call on Eli Manning being replaced for Geno Smith then? HOW?..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Lets say this is true. HOW do you let him make the final call on Eli Manning being replaced for Geno Smith then? HOW?..
    you missed the point, the 24 hour thing is BECAUSE doo doo botched the Eli thing

Was hoping for more chaos but in the end, quite a rational game. Webb next week please.

Another loss...

NYYF Triple Crown

Wake me up when they fire that clusterf**k of a gm jerry reese.

NYYF Legend

Webb not close to ready from what I have been told. Eli was not the problem Geno makes the same friggen mistakes. One step closer to a better draft pick I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Wake me up when they fire that clusterf**k of a gm jerry reese.
    I'm hoping Reese and McAdoo are fired immediately after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I'm hoping Reese and McAdoo are fired immediately after the season.
    How about today? Because they gone

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    I bet they'd get another week if the Giants didn't have a home game coming up. This is ownership trying to avoid further embarrassment.

Surprised they did this now, but this past week was obviously ugly. Spags takes the reins the rest of the way, though I doubt he'll be a leading candidate for the job after the season ends.

NYYF Legend

This is rock bottom. Not since 1976 have the Giants fired a HC mid-season and have never fired a GM only have 3 since 1979. I read an inside source account of how their is a lot of infighting in the front office that was divided on these firings. John Mara was the one who needed to be convinced to make these moves. Tisch might be the one leading the regime change or maybe Chris Mara is feuding with John. I think they need to hire an outside consultant to analyze the team and pick the next GM who will pick the next coaching staff. Maybe bring Accorsi back in that role or Parcells. Or someone with no ties to the organization.

NYYF Legend

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ork/ar-BBGd4mQ

McAdoo and Reese both out. Happy days.

So...Webb won't get a look?
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    So...Webb won't get a look?
    Doesn't look t hat way.

Appears Eli is back at starter and will finish out the season. Though I guess that's subject to whatever whims Spagnola has and whether management thinks Webb might have a chance to be QB of the future or if they view him as the end of the Reese era and just want to move on to next year's draft.

NYYF Legend

No more ice cream: Ben & Jerry fired

NYYF Triple Crown

YES!!!!! should’ve never let go of Coughlin.

NYYF Legend

In a front office job yes but he is 71 coming off 3 straight losing seasons. It was time for a new HC but they picked the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Great news. Didn't expect it, but in retrospect, I don't think they wanted to feed either to the hungry dogs this coming Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    In a front office job yes but he is 71 coming off 3 straight losing seasons. It was time for a new HC but they picked the wrong guy.
    Was definitely time for TC to move on, but yeah picking McAdoo was a bad decision. I was screaming for someone from outside of the organization.

NYYF Legend

I'll echo other posters and agree letting go of Coughlin was not the problem but not firing Reese was a problem and McAdoo turned out to either be the wrong guy or one who just wasn't ready to be a head coach.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Great news. Didn't expect it, but in retrospect, I don't think they wanted to feed either to the hungry dogs this coming Sunday.
    I think Mara wanted to save face after the debacle of last week.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I think Mara wanted to save face after the debacle of last week.
    Unfortunately for him, Mara has taken a major, permanent hit on this. He was on Kay yesterday and during and after the interview they were ripping Mara for lying to their face about why he chose now to fire Ben & Jerry. Either he let doo-doo do his dirty work to bench Eli, or he didn't actually value Eli enough to handle the situation properly, or he was just completely tone deaf and incompetent. Either way the fanbase will not forgive him for this. He can try to do things properly from this point forward but this is a permanent mark on his record and the Giants are no longer some sort of special "classy" organization

NYYF Legend

So the pitchforks welding fans got there way and Eli started again and the offense still sucks. What is the point of playing him the rest of the year? Davis Webb needs to play in these final 3 games.

McAdoo might not be the problem either. They look just as bad without him as the do with him.

This team needs a complete overhaul of all coaches and probably half the players.
    Last edited by Donnybaseball72; Yesterday at 09:18 AM. Reason: bad football

Thread Information