+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 New York Giants Thread

Season over.

I like the way our db's went meaninglessly for the ball instead of just keeping the guy in to end regulation. Savvy.

Bad team, bad coach, bad GM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    I'd like to thank Shane Vereen for running out of bounds after a 3 yard catch on 2nd and 18.
    But they were trying to make something happen, with almost no time left. I kept texting my kids, that it was playing with fire. Take the knee, and get ready for OT. Instead, they screw around and have to punt.....awful coaching decision there.

NYYF Legend

This one hurts real bad. I haven't felt this empty after a regular season loss since the Cowboys did this too us in 2003 on SNF. A bad kick, 1 long pass, 1 ridiculously long FG in under 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Season over.
    Maybe this is why I don't watch football anymore. How is it that the Giants season is over, but the Yankees season which started 5 months ago is not over?

NYYF Legend

0-3 is a deep hole to be in when you only play 16 games. Anything can happen. Just start winning. They should have won today.

NYYF Legend

After week 3 the Jets have a better record than the Giants

NYYF Cy Young

They finally scored more than 20, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    0-3 is a deep hole to be in when you only play 16 games.
    Yeah, apparently only 5 teams out of 168 made the playoffs after starting 0-3, and no team has done it since the '98 Bills.

I took a look at the remaining schedule, tried to be as optimistic as possible, and still came away with 8-8.

I feel stupid for even analyzing this, but OBJ's first TD celebration was a form of protest, right? (Bitch = female dog, Trump said NFLers were sons of bitches; OBJ fake pees and explains "I'm a dog so I acted like a dog.")

It seems to have gone over the heads of the usual self-righteous suspects who can't stop writing articles about how disgusted and appalled they are. If anything, he's just an ass for incurring a 15 yard penalty.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    I feel stupid for even analyzing this, but OBJ's first TD celebration was a form of protest, right? (Bitch = female dog, Trump said NFLers were sons of bitches; OBJ fake pees and explains "I'm a dog so I acted like a dog.")

It seems to have gone over the heads of the usual self-righteous suspects who can't stop writing articles about how disgusted and appalled they are. If anything, he's just an ass for incurring a 15 yard penalty.
    that stunt seemed to have given the Giants a big spark though, they almost pulled out that game after he did it

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    that stunt seemed to have given the Giants a big spark though, they almost pulled out that game after he did it
    Yep, as he goes, they go. The two TD catches were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Maybe this is why I don't watch football anymore. How is it that the Giants season is over, but the Yankees season which started 5 months ago is not over?
    Well the odds on 0-3 teams making the playoffs in the NFL are virtually zero, it has happened, but it happens so rarely that is looks more like a statistical anomaly than a realistic goal.
    I'm all about the Yankees making a playoff run and the Rangers hockey season starting. Might be sad, but in year I thought the Giants to actually make some noise, it's is essentially over before it began.. My NFL season is now reduced to rooting against certain teams..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Well the odds on 0-3 teams making the playoffs in the NFL are virtually zero, it has happened, but it happens so rarely that is looks more like a statistical anomaly than a realistic goal.
    It's possible, but what works against you is that teams who open up 0-3 do so for a reason. The Giants are fatally flawed and those problems with the O line and coaching incompetence isn't going to turn around fast enough to overcome this deep hole

Giants need to hope for a .500 division.

On a bright note they may get a better draft pick than the Jets and steal their next QB from them...lol

NYYF Legend

Unfortunately there are no pushovers in the division. The Eagles were a consensus last place time and the ran all over the Giants front 7. The Skins beat the Raiders. The jury is still out on the Cowboys.

It's possible, but what works against you is that teams who open up 0-3 do so for a reason. The Giants are fatally flawed and those problems with the O line and coaching incompetence isn't going to turn around fast enough to overcome this deep hole
    That's exactly right.. It would be slightly different if they had opened up this way but were about to get a bunch of big stars back healthy which would change the whole complexion of the team..
    But that's not happening here...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    The officiating is a joke. How was the second Shepherd TD overtured? The refs missed a false start by the Eagles that led to a first down. The Refs have called two endzone celebration penalties even though the league announced during the offseason that the refs would ease up on these ticky tac calls.
    I understand the rule. Don't agree with it. But it was applied consistently with recent ruling.

OH and at this point I'm hoping we lose all our games and draft the QB of the future.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Yeah, apparently only 5 teams out of 168 made the playoffs after starting 0-3, and no team has done it since the '98 Bills.

I took a look at the remaining schedule, tried to be as optimistic as possible, and still came away with 8-8.
    The Chargers, Bengals, Browns, Giants and 49ers are absolutely toast. The fat lady is singing and the only thing left to play for is pride. Or, instead of pride, maybe just embrace the shame that comes with throwing a season to chase the No. 1 pick in the draft.
    Yes, it looks like it’s over for the NFL’s 0-3 teams as history hasn’t been kind to slow starters. Going way back to 1980, there have been 168 teams to start a season 0-3, with only five of them going on to make the playoffs — a whopping 2.9 percent. If you’re a fan of one of the 0-3 teams and that 2.9 percent number is giving you hope, it shouldn’t. The last team to start 0-3 and make the playoffs was the 1998 Bills, who followed up their 0-3 start with five straight wins.
    The Chargers are already three games back in the AFC West, while the Giants are easily the biggest disappointment in the 0-3 group considering they entered the season with +1600 odds to win the Super Bowl. So go ahead, tear up those futures tickets and start scouting the upcoming draft class.
    From odds shark.

Yes I agree toast. I'm rooting for the best draft pick possible and hoping they don't screw it up.

...and with the third pick, the New York Giants select...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    ...and with the third pick, the New York Giants select...
    a wide receiver of course

NYYF Legend

OT who can't block.

Add, CB, DE, DT (who will be a reach and of course not given a second contract)

It better be one of those QB's coming out.

Thread Information