+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 New York Giants Thread

There are so many things wrong with this team.
    The OL is a joke. It might be the worst I have seen since the 2003 that injured Kerry Collins and ended his Giants career. Flowers needs to move to RT and try Pugh at LT.
    Perkins is not a lead back. Free Darkwa!
    I was against the Marshall signing and it has been worse than even I expected. It wasn't just being on the Jets. He is 34 years old and cannot get separation anymore. Sheppard should be starting over him going forward.
    The TE position has been the lone bright spot on offense. Engram is going to be a impact player.

Not much to complain about on defense. They held the Lions to 17 points missing 2 key starters.

I like McAdoo but he needs to come up with a more imaginative offense game plan. The Sheppard reverse works once per game, not 3 times. Let Eli call quicker passes and try the hurry up offense earlier, not when down by 2 scores. Stop forcing Perkins up the middle on 1st down.

The term I keep seeing is "football negligence". Sounds about right. Weapons and a strong D doesn't matter if you're not going to give your aging QB time to throw or have a competent running game. Can't believe the lack of attention to the O-line over the past two years. The "window" is quickly closing and it's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I agree that anytime a delay of game happens it's on the QB, but I don't like McAdoo calling out Eli publicly like that. He's supposed to be an offensive coach and the Giants have the most predictable, vanilla offense in the league

Agreed. He had this gem, too: "We have to analyze everything we're doing...we have to get to work." It's week 3, asshole, how nice of you to wake up now.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    So many give Reese praise for those FA signings. No one mentions why he did what he did.... Poor drafting.
    Remember this stat from last year?

"The players the Giants drafted since Jerry Reese became GM in 2007 combined to play a league-low 10,767 offensive and defensive snaps in the NFL this season. Other teams' picks over the same span averaged 16,448 snaps per team, or about 53 percent more snaps than the Giants' selections."

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this team.
    The OL is a joke. It might be the worst I have seen since the 2003 that injured Kerry Collins and ended his Giants career. Flowers needs to move to RT and try Pugh at LT.
    Perkins is not a lead back. Free Darkwa!
    I was against the Marshall signing and it has been worse than even I expected. It wasn't just being on the Jets. He is 34 years old and cannot get separation anymore. Sheppard should be starting over him going forward.
    The TE position has been the lone bright spot on offense. Engram is going to be a impact player.

Not much to complain about on defense. They held the Lions to 17 points missing 2 key starters.

I like McAdoo but he needs to come up with a more imaginative offense game plan. The Sheppard reverse works once per game, not 3 times. Let Eli call quicker passes and try the hurry up offense earlier, not when down by 2 scores. Stop forcing Perkins up the middle on 1st down.
    Wasn't he supposed to be some sort of offensive guru when he came here? Yeah, I'm not seeing the 'genius'.

Do any of McAdoo's receivers even run option routes? I remember those were big under Coughlin/Gilbride.

Sean Payton's offense under Fassel was much more imaginative than this with arguably worse personnel.

NYYF Legend

It starts from the OL. You can't think of creativity when your QB is in survival mode for every snap. It's on GM who is responsible for the draft.

NYYF Legend

The O-line is garbage.
    We have no running game to speak of.
    The O-Coordinator is unimaginative.
    The receivers have droppsies
    Our QB still throws to the wrong team at inopportune times.

This going to be a long season. At least next year's draft is supposed to be top heavy so if they continue to suck there is always next year to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    We have no running game to speak of.
    Perkins: 14 carries for 26 yards (1.9 y/a)
    Darkwa: 6 carries for 31 yards (5.2 y/a)

It's not going to solve the bigger problem (O-line), but can they at least give Darkwa some more looks?

NYYF Legend

Pretty small sample and his career stats aren't exactly eye popping. I mean sure I have no problem with him getting more looks but I don't think he's the answer as a feature back.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Eli is not infallible.

NYYF Legend

Eli is not infallible.
    He's far from infallible but he's also not the biggest problem among their glaring offensive issues the first two games.

I just don't understand why McAdoo had to harp on that. Heck they probably would have drew up a swing pass in the flat designed to get to the half yard line if they got the play off.

NYYF Legend

If I'm the coach, at this point I would not think of creativity of the offensive scheme. Put the TE there to help blocking for every play and at least make the offense functionable first.

Outside the Oline problems, I thought the Giants should of drafted the RB Cook that ended up in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    Outside the Oline problems, I thought the Giants should of drafted the RB Cook that ended up in Minnesota.
    They will never draft a player that had off-the-field questions in the early rounds. It showed with Tunsil and showed again with Cook.

NYYF Legend

4-12 may be a stretch at this point.

That last sequence was a joke of epic proportion. The local pop warner kids score there.

I still don't understand what a catch is in this league. Giants have greater problems than stupid rules, though.

NYYF Legend

The officiating is a joke. How was the second Shepherd TD overtured? The refs missed a false start by the Eagles that led to a first down. The Refs have called two endzone celebration penalties even though the league announced during the offseason that the refs would ease up on these ticky tac calls.

NYYF Legend

Fumble recovery! Giants still alive

The officiating is a joke. How was the second Shepherd TD overtured? The refs missed a false start by the Eagles that led to a first down. The Refs have called two endzone celebration penalties even though the league announced during the offseason that the refs would ease up on these ticky tac calls.
    That wasn't a celebration by Beckham, that was just plain crude and repulsive. He needs to be smarter than that.

NYYF Legend

What did do that was so offensive?

NYYF Legend

What did do that was so offensive?
    While crawling on all fours, he acted like a male dog taking a whiz.

NYYF Legend

I'd like to thank Shane Vereen for running out of bounds after a 3 yard catch on 2nd and 18.

Thread Information