Re: 2017 New York Giants Thread

More Darkwa, less Perkins

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    More Darkwa, less Perkins
    My thoughts exactly.

No offense but if you guys think changing RBs is the fix you don't understand a lick of football.

Eli is not good and is playing dumb
    OL is probably the worst in the league
    Jerry Reese is a terrible GM

Adding weapons is useless if you have ................ for a OL and a half braindead QB.

Tell me why Eli wasn't throwing to the end zone again?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    No offense but if you guys think changing RBs is the fix you don't understand a lick of football.
    Thank goodness the 12 year olds are here to enlighten us

Yankees outscored both the Giants and Jets combined.

While I agree that post was a little negative for my tastes, I'll say this.. More than a few times Eli threw to a receiver of third down short of the first down marker. I have never understood receivers not knowing where the first down is.. if you need seven yards, don't stop and sit down 4 yards short of the marker... I get throwing screens and slants and all those where yards after catch are expected, but to throw to a stationary receiver short of the first down marker on 3rd down just infuriates me..

Can't say I'm surprised with the offense. Reese had one major thing to fix and it's the o-line. It's the same line as last year and some players from previous seasons. They suck. But Reese thinks they're fine. He clearly is having trouble identifying O-line talent, both in the draft and FA.

Also it's affected Eli. He's very panicky back there.

And with Eli not being able to move around. You are hostage to the blind hope that the 2 tackles will somehow improve during the year.

I don't understand how we can be so bad in that area and on the surface, do so little about it. Engram is useless as a pick if the O-Line can't do anything because its not like he will help them in that area.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised with the offense. Reese had one major thing to fix and it's the o-line. It's the same line as last year and some players from previous seasons. They suck. But Reese thinks they're fine. He clearly is having trouble identifying O-line talent, both in the draft and FA.

Also it's affected Eli. He's very panicky back there.

Agree. Despite all the stars in the NFL, O and D lines MAKE successful teams. The Giants O-Line is extremely subpar. Eli was definitely panicking. Any QB would with so little time.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    While I agree that post was a little negative for my tastes, I'll say this.. More than a few times Eli threw to a receiver of third down short of the first down marker. I have never understood receivers not knowing where the first down is.. if you need seven yards, don't stop and sit down 4 yards short of the marker... I get throwing screens and slants and all those where yards after catch are expected, but to throw to a stationary receiver short of the first down marker on 3rd down just infuriates me..
    Spot on. It pulls your hair out to see this over and over. You need 5, throw 3, stopped short of the 1st down by 1 yard. Where was Dwayne Harris in this offense? Why is Adams bothering to dress if they aren't going to use him. Give his spot to Tavares King and go with a 4 wideouts set on 3rd and long. The offense is way too unpredicible.

I know he has no protection but I have doubts that Eli will be the starting QB a year from now.

NYYF Legend

Well that was ugly.

It's not just the O-line. McAdoo is an issue. I thought last year also.

This dude is lacking as a play caller. The excuses last year was they were limited on personnel.
    We didn't see any creativity until the start of the second half. Collinsworth pointed it out. His offensive is very vanilla.
    I thought a real OC should have been brought in. McAdoo has too much on his hands being the HC now. I'm also not seeing any offensive great mind, in any way. It's just very blah. And he gets taken to school by a lot of defensive coordinators.
    Beckham makes him look decent...

I think another factor is Coughlin is missed. imo from a Offensive play call/scheme. McAdoo just has not looked that good. The times he did his first two seasons as OC, you can make the case most of it was Coughlin's imprint.
    I forgot the exact stat, I saw that since McAdoo has taken over HC/play calls completely the Giants offense has only 2 or 3 30 point games.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

-The Giants haven't scored more than 20 points in their last 7 games going back to the Cleveland game last year.
    -The Yankees outscored both the Giants and Jets yesterday.
    -With 2 HRs each totaling 1,715 feet(571yds), @TheJudge44 and @ElGarySanchez had more yardage than both the Jets and Giants yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    -The Yankees outscored both the Giants and Jets yesterday.
    Combined.

NYYF Legend

Geno Smith for left tackle

NYYF Legend

So how long before John Mara grows a pair and fires Jerry Reese? That Giants offensive line is hot garbage. It was garbage last year before the season started and he did nothing, then it was garbage all last year and he still did nothing. Now it's even worse. He got offensive tools the team can't even use because Manning has no protection - football malpractice at its finest

Give me something to be optimistic about.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Give me something to be optimistic about.
    That's a start.

So many give Reese praise for those FA signings. No one mentions why he did what he did.... Poor drafting.

This should not be ignored. It's a major problem. Yes, he's hit on some. (Odell, Jpp, Collins) But that simply isn't enough with a 53 man roster and ten years as GM.

He's drafted OL, so he's tried, but it hasn't worked because he didn't draft/scout well. Flowers is a huge bust right now. That's a number 9 pick. Apple at 10 over Tunsil. I wanted Tunsil at the time. The rumor at the time was he wanted Conklin, who is a good player, but probably didn't want to trade up for him.

Ridiculous that he wasn't fired with Coughlin.

Awful

NYYF Legend

Macka doo-doo

NYYF Cy Young

Aaron Judge for Left Tackle.

Society desperately needs another Bo Jackson.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

What an embarrassment this team is right now.

http://deadspin.com/ben-mcadoo-calls...e-m-1818539800
    After the game, McAdoo chalked up the penalty to “sloppy quarterback play.” Why didn’t he call a timeout?

“Because we have a veteran quarterback who has played a lot of football and I expect us to get the ball snapped.”
    Has any QB had more false starts and delays of game at home in their career that Eli? It's been a knock on him for over a decade.

I agree that anytime a delay of game happens it's on the QB, but I don't like McAdoo calling out Eli publicly like that. He's supposed to be an offensive coach and the Giants have the most predictable, vanilla offense in the league - and that's not even taking into account their line being the worst in the NFL. He's failing at his job too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    What an embarrassment this team is right now.

http://deadspin.com/ben-mcadoo-calls...e-m-1818539800

Has any QB had more false starts and delays of game at home in their career that Eli? It's been a knock on him for over a decade.

I agree that anytime a delay of game happens it's on the QB, but I don't like McAdoo calling out Eli publicly like that. He's supposed to be an offensive coach and the Giants have the most predictable, vanilla offense in the league - and that's not even taking into account their line being the worst in the NFL. He's failing at his job too.
    Coughlin knew what kind of quarterback Eli was, and he fit the team around him and won 2 Super Bowls

McA doo-doo is trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole to teach an old dog new tricks which makes no sense. You have a top tier quarterback if you know how to actually use him properly. Seems like this whole thing is a fireable offense. Top quarterbacks are extremely rare and valuable, half wit rookie coaches are a dime a dozen

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    So many give Reese praise for those FA signings. No one mentions why he did what he did.... Poor drafting.

This should not be ignored. It's a major problem. Yes, he's hit on some. (Odell, Jpp, Collins) But that simply isn't enough with a 53 man roster and ten years as GM.

He's drafted OL, so he's tried, but it hasn't worked because he didn't draft/scout well. Flowers is a huge bust right now. That's a number 9 pick. Apple at 10 over Tunsil. I wanted Tunsil at the time. The rumor at the time was he wanted Conklin, who is a good player, but probably didn't want to trade up for him.

Ridiculous that he wasn't fired with Coughlin.
    Drafting Apple over Tunsil continues and will continue to haunt this team.

Thread Information