+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

The Official Weather Thread - 2017

74 degrees here in the Albany area on February 24. Honey bees are out and about. Nice for walking outdoors, but not good for the maple syrup producers, or the skiers and snowmobiles. Hope the cold air gets back before the fruit trees think about blossoming early.
    Let the kids play.

Re: The Official Weather Thread - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    74 degrees here in the Albany area on February 24. Honey bees are out and about. Nice for walking outdoors, but not good for the maple syrup producers, or the skiers and snowmobiles. Hope the cold air gets back before the fruit trees think about blossoming early.
    The robin flocks have been back for a few weeks already. Normally they don't return until mid March. Screwy weather.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    The robin flocks have been back for a few weeks already. Normally they don't return until mid March. Screwy weather.
    Robins are here all year. We walk in the national park all winter and see them in the deep brush. Doesn't seem that all of them go south.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

So far we've had a total about 6" of snow here for the whole winter...I don't remember the last time, if ever, I've seen so little snow (which is fine by me).

Supposed to get severe weather today...spring is near.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    So far we've had a total about 6" of snow here for the whole winter...I don't remember the last time, if ever, I've seen so little snow (which is fine by me).

Supposed to get severe weather today...spring is near.
    Oddly nice here in CT we are actually above normal (slightly).
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

After a solid week of being in the 60-70 range, we set a record yesterday of 80. Today, the high is struggling to hit 35.

Today was great. 55 degrees. Got to go hiking with kids. The fog rolled in pretty thick, made it really cool.

This week has been very nice. I expect to get slapped in the face with a foot of snow soon.

NYYF Legend

The wind woke me up about 5 times last night.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Well at least snow predictions for my area have been downgraded from 18-24" to 12-16". Stay safe everyone!
    2016 - At least we won as many postseason games as the Red Sox

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

No work for me tomorrow. MTA has shut down all trains that operate above ground.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    No work for me tomorrow. MTA has shut down all trains that operate above ground.
    I'll laugh so hard if this is the "Blizzard of the Century" Part 2.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    CT Governor closed the roads tomorrow after 5 am. One instance I wish I didn't work from home.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Forecast tomorrow is 79 and sunny. I'll be coaching softball tomorrow night.

Stay safe my north east coast friends.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. Forecast tomorrow is 79 and sunny. I'll be coaching softball tomorrow night.

Stay safe my north east coast friends.
    Urge to kill.......rising.

I just got back from a week of ST in Florida, this is going to be rough. Really considering a move to a warm state once the kids finish school.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Urge to kill.......rising.

I just got back from a week of ST in Florida, this is going to be rough. Really considering a move to a warm state once the kids finish school.
    I honestly don't mind and even kind of like it, as long as it doesn't happen every other week. I like a good snowstorm every now and then.

HUGE DISCLAIMER: I am able to work from home and do not have kids.

It's in the high 80s and low 90s the rest of the week. My birthday is in 8 days. All I really want is a nice 70-degree day. Considering that it's supposed to be 94 this Saturday, I'm probably not going to get that. I can't even have a nice day for my birthday in MARCH.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    It's in the high 80s and low 90s the rest of the week. My birthday is in 8 days. All I really want is a nice 70-degree day. Considering that it's supposed to be 94 this Saturday, I'm probably not going to get that. I can't even have a nice day for my birthday in MARCH.
    Don't think you will get much sympathy here. But I know you hate the heat. Hopefully it won't be that hot for you

Turns out I am considered essential personnel after all, though I have no idea why. This is from an e-mail we received today:

Essential staff are required to report to work. Travel bans or restrictions are most commonly implemented during weather emergencies, though they may also be implemented during other types of emergencies. In weather emergencies, it is recommended to plan ahead, which may include monitoring news and weather reports and reporting to work before the ban or restrictions are scheduled to be enforced. When traveling in these circumstances, essential staff should be prepared to present their OMH/Facility issued identification and to explain that they are considered to be essential healthcare workers providing care for individuals served by the psychiatric center. Each facility has a process for picking up essential staff who are unable to report to work safely on their own. Please consult with your supervisor if you are uncertain of this process.
    So, by their reckoning, I should have brought a change of clothes and spent the night here, because - if the forecasts are even close to accurate - it doesn't sound like there's any way I can get here safely in the morning. Their "process" for getting me to work involves my catching a shuttle at White Plains Road and Pelham Parkway, which is great, except if I could get there, I could just get to work.

Or, being a civil servant, I can just call in.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    I honestly don't mind and even kind of like it, as long as it doesn't happen every other week. I like a good snowstorm every now and then.

HUGE DISCLAIMER: I am able to work from home and do not have kids.
    Under normal circumstances I'd agree.

But, our first AAU game is 17 days away, and these kids need to get outside!

I work from home too, so no snow day for me.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Don't think you will get much sympathy here. But I know you hate the heat. Hopefully it won't be that hot for you
    It shouldn't be in the 90s in March. That's not pleasant.

By late tomorrow night we can all post the snowfall totals here. We're expecting 15 to 20.
    Let the kids play.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Stay safe, friends.

NYYF Legend

Work hasn't cancelled (yet), but we're expecting 6-8" of snow here as of now. If it's bad in the morning, I'll suddenly remember that I have 43 hours of PTO in the bank...I ain't killing myself and I hate snow driving to begin with.

NYYF Legend

I would take it every day of the year living here but I know for you 90 in March means 110-120 by June which I couldn't take either. Too bad we didn't come with a weather button.

I miss the heat. Just starting to be 70s here.

Thread Information