+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Official Weather Thread - 2017

Nine inches of icy snow already so I have to plow in the middle of this storm. I hate that.

Also sucks no game on TV or even radio today.

You warm-state people need to just shut up. Seriously.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar

People at work complaining about response time for remote connectivity... The whole North-Eastern Seaboard is logged in remotely!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos

EDIT: I hate you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Nine inches of icy snow already so I have to plow in the middle of this storm. I hate that.

Also sucks no game on TV or even radio today.

I'm not sure how much snow I have because of the vicious winds blowing it all over the place but it has to be around 10+. Sleet is starting to mix in here in southern CT so I guess I'll have to go out and start dealing with removing it during the storm before its predicted changeover to rain. It will be next to impossible to move this with a snowblower if rain changes the snow on the ground to 12 inches of mashed potatoes.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Snow total update:

Zero Snow.

That is all,
    JDPNYY
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    People at work complaining about response time for remote connectivity... The whole North-Eastern Seaboard is logged in remotely!!!
    Only 6 more days to Spring. Yeah, right.

Anyway, it's a good day to binge on tv shows as long as the internet connection and bandwith hold up.

(the wife is binging on Suits. From what I've seen it's a really bad version of Mad Men meets LA Law. I may as well quit procrastinating and go out to fight the snow)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Only 6 more days to Spring. Yeah, right.

Anyway, it's a good day to binge on tv shows as long as the internet connection and bandwith hold up.

(the wife is binging on Suits. From what I've seen it's a really bad version of Mad Men meets LA Law. I may as well quit procrastinating and go out to fight the snow)
    April 6, 1982 laughs at Spring.

Predictions are 20" - 24" in my neighborhood.
    Cheetos

Cape Cod is getting pelted by wind and rain. No snow yet there either.
    Cheetos

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I wouldn't call Colorado a warm state. We just are this week. Our turn is (probably) coming. March is generally our snowiest month (not this year) and April isn't far behind. The good thing with Colorado April snowstorms is that the stuff tends to go away pretty quickly.

Again, you folks back East stay safe, warm, and dry.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Cape Cod is getting pelted by wind and rain. No snow yet there either.
    I'm in SE Mass and getting hit pretty good right now.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

NYYF Legend

An hour and 40 minutes of plowing and I'm pushed out but still not done. Going to wait until it's over to do the rest. This stuff is sticky and it melts into the fleece. I should have used a shell, but it adds up to so much stuff.

Accuweather says we're pretty much done at 1:34.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

16" and counting here. Wind blowing in every direction. Everybody and the dogs had pancakes. Pretty big drifts. Kids getting suited up to go sledding (hopefully.)
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

NYYF Legend

Still pouring rain. Zero snow and counting. In fact, there's less snow on the ground now than there was yesterday.

Lot's of flooding though. Really bad in some spots.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

We leave for a week in Tampa 3/22 Cannot wait

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

No clue how much snow so far...could be 4, could be 8, impossible to tell with the wind. Got a fresh egg delivery though from one of the kids down the road though. Mail delivery cancelled...never seen that before.
    Let the kids play.

Does anyone really watch the continuous nonstop local news coverage during a snow storm? It seems so unnecessary and phony. It's not like it's the blizzard of 1888 out there.

Does anyone really watch the continuous nonstop local news coverage during a snow storm? It seems so unnecessary and phony. It's not like it's the blizzard of 1888 out there.
    Is that the one when you paid the kids down the street to shovel off the horse path, instead of doing it yourself?

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Probably 6-8 inches of icy, sleety, snowy mess out there. It was like cement.

This is heart attack snow, so if you go out to shovel please be careful, take breaks, etc. It's nasty out there in southern westchester.

Spent most of the day without cable/internet. We have maybe 15 inches with another 5 expected. Not too bad. Visibility at the peak was about 30 feet.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

I turned it on this morning to get an updated forecast. Once that came down, I went on to other televised entertainment.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Spent most of the day without cable/internet. We have maybe 15 inches with another 5 expected. Not too bad. Visibility at the peak was about 30 feet.
    yep............Wifeys eye appointment will not happen tomorrow morning in Montreal.......just cracked open a bottle of CC..........it`s all about the winds

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Not as much snow as expected but with the ice it was damn heavy to shovel!
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Probably 6-8 inches of icy, sleety, snowy mess out there. It was like cement.

This is heart attack snow, so if you go out to shovel please be careful, take breaks, etc. It's nasty out there in southern westchester.

Good advice. I'm admittedly in terrible shape so I had to stop and catch my breath every 10 shovelfuls or so.
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

I put in a total of about 3.5 hours pf plowing. Lots of sore muscles. No power assists on my 50-year old Farmall tractor. Old girl had to fight to move this heavy stuff. Glad we only got half of the 23" they said was coming.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    yep............Wifeys eye appointment will not happen tomorrow morning in Montreal.......just cracked open a bottle of CC..........it`s all about the winds

Couldn't you find something better than Crown Cola?

My drink of choice was Vodka, kept me warm

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Couldn't you find something better than Crown Cola?

My drink of choice was Vodka, kept me warm

Andy
    Rye on the rocks........don`t do mix drinks.....

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Thread Information