+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1379
  1. #1276

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Also robbed of a single earlier in the game.
    Perhaps his exit velocity is slowing a bit. A fair number of his hits this season have been hits b/c he hit the ball so darn hard that nobody could get into it time.

  2. #1277

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmg32 View Post
    Perhaps his exit velocity is slowing a bit. A fair number of his hits this season have been hits b/c he hit the ball so darn hard that nobody could get into it time.

    that is correct but what bothers me the most is judge not crushing pitches in his hit zone.. he has had a lot of great pitches to hit in this slump and he has missed or fouled them off.. maybe his last at bat last night where he crushed a pitch and was robbed of a home run... means he is about to explode at the plate again..

  3. #1278

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    he's fine wtf

  4. #1279

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread


  5. #1280
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Some of the replies are pretty funny.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  6. #1281
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    She must be 5'11
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  7. #1282
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    some sketchy photoshopping.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  8. #1283
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Last edited by -tz; 07-17-17 at 11:24 PM.

  9. #1284

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    We were all young and stupid once.

  10. #1285

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    That throw on the tag-up put out was 97.7 mph.

    http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7395516...h-977mph-throw

  11. #1286

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    he'll be fine

  12. #1287

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Down 18 points since the break. Maybe there's something to those second half projections that I was scoffing at.

  13. #1288
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That throw on the tag-up put out was 97.7 mph.

    http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7395516...h-977mph-throw

    It looks like he didn't even fire it, just flipped it home. I wonder if he was surprised Dozier ran on that fly out.

  14. #1289

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Heís hitting the ball well, Iím not too worried.

  15. #1290
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Well, here's the answer. He hasn't been picking up enough dirt:

    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...es-aaron-judge

  16. #1291

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    I'm not worried yet because I don't think he's a .330 hitter. He's just coming down to earth like most players eventually do. The whole triple crown thing was never going to happen

    Think he will settle in and finish batting around .285. Still on pace for over 100 rbi's... can't really ask for more at this point. Hype is hype... he's still a rookie.

  17. #1292

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyLaundry View Post
    I'm not worried yet because I don't think he's a .330 hitter. He's just coming down to earth like most players eventually do. The whole triple crown thing was never going to happen

    Think he will settle in and finish batting around .285. Still on pace for over 100 rbi's... can't really ask for more at this point. Hype is hype... he's still a rookie.
    If Judge ends up hitting just .285 after spending so much time around .330, sorry that is a HUGE disappointment. It would mean that he batted around .250 or so the whole second half. Horrible!

    It would mean the league caught up with him and that does NOT bode well for next year.

  18. #1293

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Here we go again.

  19. #1294

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by harry.schwartz View Post
    If Judge ends up hitting just .285 after spending so much time around .330, sorry that is a HUGE disappointment. It would mean that he batted around .250 or so the whole second half. Horrible!

    It would mean the league caught up with him and that does NOT bode well for next year.
    Sup Doc?

  20. #1295

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    Sup Doc?
    Sorry, no Doc here--I'm an attorney

  21. #1296
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by harry.schwartz View Post
    Sorry, no Doc here--I'm an attorney
    I get it - you picked a Jewish name because you're going to pretend to be an attorney.

  22. #1297
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I get it - you picked a Jewish name because you're going to pretend to be an attorney.
    I suppose the Korean Grocer is next.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  23. #1298

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Eh, he wasn't hitting 60 home runs this year. He's not Babe Ruth.

    With that said, slumps seem to last a lot longer here because our coaches at almost level throughout the organization are horrendous at improving mechanics, fixing kinks on swings or getting guys back on track. It explains why most of the "reclamation projects" they acquire never pan out (Eovaldi, Pineda, et al).

  24. #1299

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Shows Muscle View Post
    Eh, he wasn't hitting 60 home runs this year. He's not Babe Ruth.

    With that said, slumps seem to last a lot longer here because our coaches at almost level throughout the organization are horrendous at improving mechanics, fixing kinks on swings or getting guys back on track. It explains why most of the "reclamation projects" they acquire never pan out (Eovaldi, Pineda, et al).
    he was going to hit 55.. he can still do it if he has a few multi home run games...

  25. #1300
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    not worried.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts