+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 115 of 115
  1. #101
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    No doubt. And just think about all the bitching CP could have done about the return
    I'm down for a salary dump at this point.

  2. #102
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    If he doesnt start the year in the big leagues....just a shame.
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  3. #103
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    If he doesnt start the year in the big leagues....just a shame.
    To me after a good spring, I think that the Yankees would be sending Judge the wrong message if that were to happen. After last year, the Yankees expressed concerns about Judge and his ability at the ML level. And with his spring, Judge has addressed the issue so why not see if in fact it carries into when it matters most, the regular season. What does Judge gain by staying at AAA that would not be more valuable at the ML level?

  4. #104

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    What other fan base is this crazy about ST lineups.

    If Judge isn't getting 75% of the starts in RF in April it will be troubling. That he's not starting a ST game, who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    People like to overreact. Nothing new here.

    You were saying . . . ?

  5. #105
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Please admit you were mistaken when Judge ends up starting the season at Scranton.
    What am I mistaken about? I said if Judge isn't getting the bulk of playing time in April it will be troubling.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  6. #106
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    To me after a good spring, I think that the Yankees would be sending Judge the wrong message if that were to happen. After last year, the Yankees expressed concerns about Judge and his ability at the ML level. And with his spring, Judge has addressed the issue so why not see if in fact it carries into when it matters most, the regular season. What does Judge gain by staying at AAA that would not be more valuable at the ML level?
    There is no logical baseball reason for sending Judge to AAA.

    There may be roster issues that would be in the Yankees favor him to start at AAA but it's wouldn't be based on baseball issues.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  7. #107
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    There is no logical baseball reason for sending Judge to AAA.

    There may be roster issues that would be in the Yankees favor him to start at AAA but it's wouldn't be based on baseball issues.
    What roster issues could there possibly be?
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

  8. #108
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    What roster issues could there possibly be?
    I mentioned not DFAing Refsnyder as one possible issue.

    Them being cheap could be another.

    I really don't know, I don't work in the Yankee FO so I couldn't say.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  9. #109

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'm down for a salary dump at this point.
    Especially if it ensures that Judge is the opening day RF'er. If Judge gets sent down, which I just read is likely to happen (CBS Sports, sorry too lazy to go get the phone for the link), I will have a really hard time defending Cashman or Girardi for anything ever again. I will come over to your side CP.

  10. #110

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    What am I mistaken about? I said if Judge isn't getting the bulk of playing time in April it will be troubling.
    It's not that you're wrong. It's that you shot down posters as if they were overreacting worrywarts for the idea that Hicks could take Judge's starting spot in RF.

    The next day, four days before opening day, Girardi literally says it's still a competition. I would say the other posters had their concerns verified while your confidence was shown to be unfounded. No?

  11. #111
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    It's not that you're wrong. It's that you shot down posters as if they were overreacting worrywarts for the idea that Hicks could take Judge's starting spot in RF.

    The next day, four days before opening day, Girardi literally says it's still a competition. I would say the other posters had their concerns verified while your confidence was shown to be unfounded. No?
    I think any reaction to a ST lineup is over reaction.

    I think negative reaction to Girardi's comments today are warranted.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  12. #112
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I think any reaction to a ST lineup is over reaction.

    I think negative reaction to Girardi's comments today are warranted.
    I think the issue with the lineup yesterday, was Girardi's comments about the lineup where he stated the lineup would be very similar to the opening day lineup.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

  13. #113
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Can a mod please move this thread to the mL section?

  14. #114
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    You know, you could blame Cashman if the Yankees do move Judge to the minors.

    However, we need a manager in place who is going to fight for the youth movement. Girardi is not that guy.

    Unless this is all just posturing to pull off a late spring deal, these guys in charge all just flat out suck.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

  15. #115
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    You know, you could blame Cashman if the Yankees do move Judge to the minors.

    However, we need a manager in place who is going to fight for the youth movement. Girardi is not that guy.

    Unless this is all just posturing to pull off a late spring deal, these guys in charge all just flat out suck.
    Do you mean moving Hicks? Who the heck wants that POS?
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 11 guests)

  1. awy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts