+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 ... LastLast

Re: The Official 2017 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Roberts too. Maybe in a past season you could make a case for sending Judge down because Yankees were a viable contender but this will be a transitional season. It's the best time to let Judge be the rightfielder.
    200% agreement.

If Judge was looking absolutely overmatched and lost, I *might* accept the idea that he should start back in AAA and work through things there. But that's not the case.

If Judge is not on the Opening Day Roster, and the reason is Aaron Hicks, I will be a very frustrated fan.

NYYF Legend

I don't mind if Hicks is our 4th OF/defensive replacement but if he's the starting RF someone better be on the DL.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I don't mind if Hicks is our 4th OF/defensive replacement but if he's the starting RF someone better be on the DL.
    Too bad they can't put Cashman on the DL

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    200% agreement.

If Judge was looking absolutely overmatched and lost, I *might* accept the idea that he should start back in AAA and work through things there. But that's not the case.

If Judge is not on the Opening Day Roster, and the reason is Aaron Hicks, I will be a very frustrated fan.
    Yup. That question has been answered, imo. Hicks should now be in competition with Mason Williams for the 4th OF spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    Yup. That question has been answered, imo. Hicks should now be in competition with Mason Williams for the 4th OF spot.
    Honestly, I don't think Mason has done anything to justify that competition.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Mason has done anything to justify that competition.
    I agree. Him and Slade have been brittle since the jump. Mason has no business being in that discussion until he shows he can stay on the field. Ty Austin is pretty much in the same convo, too.

NYYF Legend

Judge just crushed a ball to RF against the Nats but it was foul. His opposite field power is impressive.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Judge just crushed a ball to RF against the Nats but it was foul. His opposite field power is impressive.
    Yeah. Wind took it. Thought it was way gone off the bat. He then pulled a sold single through the hole on SS/3B side. Really like what I'm seeing from him at the plate. Also, showing off a strong arm too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Yeah. Wind took it. Thought it was way gone off the bat. He then pulled a sold single through the hole on SS/3B side. Really like what I'm seeing from him at the plate. Also, showing off a strong arm too.
    But will it be enough? After all we have All Star Hicks on the team.

NYYF Legend

Love Judge's approach. Don't know if he'll ever be a HR 30+ guy, but I think he has a ML approach.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Cy Young

Too bad they can't put Cashman on the DL
    Thanks - a good laugh. (I think Mason Williams was DLed most of ST but I do like what I saw last year and the one game I saw him.)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Thanks - a good laugh. (I think Mason Williams was DLed most of ST but I do like what I saw last year and the one game I saw him.)
    And Hicks starts over Judge again tonight.

Gee, shocking. Then we wonder why our farm system has largely failed to produce any quality position players for the past 20+ years.

Name me another team that would take a top prospect, and put him in a bogus competition with a scrub where the cards are stacked against the top prospect, no matter how well he performs.

Way to mess with the kid's head. Idiots.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

What other fan base is this crazy about ST lineups.

If Judge isn't getting 75% of the starts in RF in April it will be troubling. That he's not starting a ST game, who cares?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

If Judge isn't getting 75% of the starts in RF in April it will be troubling. That he's not starting a ST game, who cares?
    Season starts on Sunday - at this point, you typically see managers playing their intended regular season starting lineups. And the fact that Hicks is starting to play more regularly at Judge's expense is telling.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Season starts on Sunday - at this point, you typically see managers playing their intended regular season starting lineups. And the fact that Hicks is starting to play more regularly at Judge's expense is telling.
    So true. It's not about whether Judge starts a ST game. But it's what it infers. That a lifetime.235 hitter gets the starting RF job over one of our top prospects. Because our GM can't ever admit that maybe Hicks is a 4th OF and nothing more.

NYYF Legend

Please admit you were mistaken when Judge ends up starting the season at Scranton.

People like to overreact. Nothing new here.

Like you said, if Judge isn't getting a majority of the playing time in April, then we have a problem.

NYYF Cy Young

I'm not surprised with Joe (his last contract year) but Judge got a HR in 7th. Judge had a solid ST. I know he will be on the roster opening day and still feel he will start opening day in RF. Hicks should be our 4th Ofer. I wonder if Williams is better than Hicks as 4th OFer. I am very excited with Sanchez, Bird, and Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    if Judge isn't getting a majority of the playing time in April, then we were wrong.
    Fixed.

NYYF Legend

Judge HR tonight. Cashman right now:

NYYF Legend

Rotoworld drops its #hottake on Judge's HR last night:

Aaron Judge belted a long solo home run versus the Tigers on Tuesday.
    Judge, who is apparently still competing for the right field job, didn't start but came off the bench to take Bruce Rondon deep in the seventh inning. The towering outfielder has out-hit Aaron Hicks this spring, although both have played well. We're betting on Yankees manager Joe Girardi ultimately picking Judge.
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

part of my point with saying that a trout trade is realistic if judge breaks out is to point to the enormous upside in value playing judge represents. they need to play him, and I'm not really a hicks hater now either.

Gardner really should have been moved

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    part of my point with saying that a trout trade is realistic if judge breaks out is to point to the enormous upside in value playing judge represents. they need to play him, and I'm not really a hicks hater now either.

Gardner really should have been moved
    No doubt. And just think about all the bitching CP could have done about the return

Thread Information