+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 4 11 51 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

2017 Spring Training Thread

i'll kick things off by putting this here:

Brian Cashman @ GMS. Told me he got in last night...He's ready to go... But he's still wandering the halls looking 4 his luggage #gmproblems
    https://twitter.com/M_Marakovits/sta...18084028628992

probably afraid that someone will find his stash of dildos
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

Nick Swisher is a special instructor this spring. He's younger than Holliday.

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    i'll kick things off by putting this here:

https://twitter.com/M_Marakovits/sta...18084028628992

probably afraid that someone will find his stash of dildos
    Just spit coffee all over my keyboard!

Suspended

Jean Afterman is going to be confused when she finds a full gimp suit in 'her' suitcase.

NYYF Legend

i predict aaron hicks shows up in the best shape of his life and has a strong spring and then is DFA'd by july
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    i predict aaron hicks shows up in the best shape of his life and has a strong spring and then is DFA'd by july
    Geez.... I hope the DFA doesn't take THAT long....
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

How about some pics?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...017-1.13122035

And the sound of leather hitting leather ...

https://youtu.be/DYtCmfGIMAw

NYYF Legend

For those on social media, if you follow David Hoch or George M Steinbrenner Field, they posted videos of today's practice all day.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Cy Young

I'm going to pick up MLB.TV a few weeks early just to watch Gary practice hitting. Then when the season starts my eyes will ready to watch the "wonder that is the Kraken!"
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

NYYF Legend

Anybody else catch the Girardi press conference on Tuesday? While no earth shattering news came from it, I am so over hearing about "Big Mike" and unfulfilled poetential.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    For those on social media, if you follow David Hoch or George M Steinbrenner Field, they posted videos of today's practice all day.
    Nice, thanks. Think you meant Bryan Hoch.

Also, why don't we merge the ST threads. There's two: 2017 Spring Training Thread and then Spring Training 2017.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Nice, thanks. Think you meant Bryan Hoch.

Also, why don't we merge the ST threads. There's two: 2017 Spring Training Thread and then Spring Training 2017.
    That is the one. Nice views while looking at the snow outside here
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

An early sign Gary Sanchez is getting Jeter, A-Rod treatment.

TAMPA — After two outstanding months last year Gary Sanchez was sitting in a seat Thursday that used to belong to Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez at the beginning of spring training.

The interview room is for players who draw a crowd, and there is a lot of interest in the Yankees’ catcher who hit 20 homers and drove in 42 runs in 53 games and finished second in the AL Rookie of the Year race last season.

At this time last year, Sanchez was about to be beaten out by Austin Romine for the backup catcher’s job. While he has been installed as the starter with Brian McCann in Houston, Sanchez said he isn’t thinking the job is his.

“I am here this spring training and I think I am working as if I did not have a guaranteed spot,’’ Sanchez said Thursday through an interpreter. “You never know so you have to keep working hard.’’
    http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/an-earl...rod-treatment/

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    An early sign Gary Sanchez is getting Jeter, A-Rod treatment.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/an-earl...rod-treatment/

#MealTicket
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

Suspended

“He has a lot of ability, and we’ve seen it in the past with championship efforts in Boston and I still think there’s more in the tank,’’ GM Brian Cashman said Thursday of Ellsbury. “Hopefully we see more of that. We haven’t seen the full impact for a full season that he possesses. I still think he’s capable of more because I have seen it up close from the other side of the fence.’’

“Hopefully we will see more of that in 2017,’’ Cashman said of Ellsbury. “Just like [Starlin] Castro or Didi [Gregorius]. We think there’s more in the tank than those guys. I don’t think Starlin Castro has scratched the surface of what his potential is. I think Didi is still growing into something that could become something really special. [Michael] Pineda has a chance to pitch in the top of the rotation.”
    http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/yankees...coby-ellsbury/

1. Ellsbury was YOUR mistake. If you are expecting a 2011 season for Ellsbury you are going to sorely dissapointed.
    2. re: Castro So so delusional. One can only hope he's posturing for a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/yankees...coby-ellsbury/

1. Ellsbury was YOUR mistake. If you are expecting a 2011 season for Ellsbury you are going to sorely dissapointed.
    2. re: Castro So so delusional. One can only hope he's posturing for a trade.
    Thats called being stuck and trying to make it sound better and hopeful.

Sad. Although I think we can deal with Castro. .270 / 20HRs at 2nd base isnt terrible. But Ellsbury is awful. I kinda half hope he isnt 100% this season and cant play a lot allowing our young guys to get out there. Mason Williams deserves a shot somewhere out there. Much more than Hicks anyways. Ells contract is untradeable obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Sad. Although I think we can deal with Castro. .270 / 20HRs at 2nd base isnt terrible. But Ellsbury is awful.
    Agreed. There seems to be a lot of Castro hate around here, and I don't fully understand it. He played significantly better last year than anything we trotted out to Second Base since Cano left. Sure, he's overpaid. But he's a serviceable Second Baseman. Ellsbury, on the other hand, is godawful.

Castro played to a 93 OPS+, for under $10M. Ellsbury played to a 88 OPS+ for more than $20M, and we're saddled with that contract for longer than Castro's.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Agreed. There seems to be a lot of Castro hate around here, and I don't fully understand it. He played significantly better last year than anything we trotted out to Second Base since Cano left. Sure, he's overpaid. But he's a serviceable Second Baseman. Ellsbury, on the other hand, is godawful.

Castro played to a 93 OPS+, for under $10M. Ellsbury played to a 88 OPS+ for more than $20M, and we're saddled with that contract for longer than Castro's.
    When you look at advanced statistics that take into account his baserunning and defense, he's one of the worst 2Bs in the league. OPS and OPS+ overvalue SLG%. OBP is far more important to offensive output. A place where Castro is VERY bad.

Like I don't understand this 'Ellsbury is a massive problem' so let's ignore Castro's very poor play.

Suspended

Cashman is a genius for signing Carter.

@Joelsherman1
    Tyler Austin has small break in foot and will be in a boot for 3 weeks and no baseball activity for 6 weeks #Yankees

@Joelsherman1 2m2 minutes ago

Austin was injured hitting ball off his foot in batting practice #Yankees

damn those are the worst injuries. The unlucky ones... hit a foul ball off a foot. Can't even prevent that.

Now how about that Carter signing with Austin down for a few months?

Like Cash saw it coming.

NYYF Legend

Red Sox C Blake Swihart had some issues with throwing ball back to pitcher, but manager John Farrell wouldn't call it "yips." Said Swihart: "I'm not worried and you guys shouldn't be worried either." He hasn't caught since May 17 in Triple-A.

>Birdman GIF<
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Suspended

I'm more worried about Sandy Leon going on David Ortiz's diet.

NYYF Cy Young

And Mason Williams with knee inflammation - he seems to have Nick Johnson syndrome, always injured!!

Feel for them both. Mason prob would have had a much tougher time finding PT. Austin will definitely be a utility option during this season. Just hope the foot heals fine.

Thread Information