+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

NYYF Legend

2017 Spring Training Thread

i'll kick things off by putting this here:

Brian Cashman @ GMS. Told me he got in last night...He's ready to go... But he's still wandering the halls looking 4 his luggage #gmproblems
    https://twitter.com/M_Marakovits/sta...18084028628992

probably afraid that someone will find his stash of dildos
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

Nick Swisher is a special instructor this spring. He's younger than Holliday.

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    i'll kick things off by putting this here:

https://twitter.com/M_Marakovits/sta...18084028628992

probably afraid that someone will find his stash of dildos
    Just spit coffee all over my keyboard!

NYYF Legend

Jean Afterman is going to be confused when she finds a full gimp suit in 'her' suitcase.

NYYF Legend

i predict aaron hicks shows up in the best shape of his life and has a strong spring and then is DFA'd by july
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    i predict aaron hicks shows up in the best shape of his life and has a strong spring and then is DFA'd by july
    Geez.... I hope the DFA doesn't take THAT long....
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

How about some pics?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...017-1.13122035

And the sound of leather hitting leather ...

https://youtu.be/DYtCmfGIMAw

Hicks is having a great day...........

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Hicks is having a great day...........
    All bad players will occasionally have a good day.

NYYF Legend

Tanaka has a no-trade clause. He could opt out next season so I'm not sure he wants to relocate for just half a season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Tanaka has a no-trade clause. He could opt out next season so I'm not sure he wants to relocate for just half a season.
    There's a few reasons why players insist on NTCs, of which include to control the direction they're traded. If the Yankees' rotation is a dumpster fire and they're 15 games out of it by close of business July, he'd be wise to consider being a shot in the arm to a playoff contender for the final 8 weeks of the season. I don't think there's any question as to his intention of opting next off season.
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    There's a few reasons why players insist on NTCs, of which include to control the direction they're traded. If the Yankees' rotation is a dumpster fire and they're 15 games out of it by close of business July, he'd be wise to consider being a shot in the arm to a playoff contender for the final 8 weeks of the season. I don't think there's any question as to his intention of opting next off season.
    The point is that he is going to opt out and he may not want to move twice in half a year. It takes time for him to settle in a new environment. And the chance of the Yankees being totally out in July is slim to none.

NYYF Legend

The point is that he is going to opt out and he may not want to move twice in half a year. It takes time for him to settle in a new environment. And the chance of the Yankees being totally out in July is slim to none.
    Eh. I see him maximizing his leverage as a pending free agent more than worrying about unpacking boxes multiple times a year. I also see the Yankees as a .500 at best team, with a better shot at 75 than 85 wins. Too many questions in the rotation, and at least one known answer (Pineda) makes my head hurt. That's not to say I'm down on the Yanks at all. I'm just pointing out they'd be wise to engage Tanaka about waving his NTC once the mid summer markets start to heat up.
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

NYYF Legend

Would you have said the same thing last March?

Renting a luxury house/apartment in a new location for 3 months isn't so bad. Especially if it could lead you to a title.

NYYF Legend

Interesting tidbit:
    GM Brian Cashman was told he only had $4 million after spending $99 million on Aroldis Chapman and Matt Holliday. So while he dabbled with Travis Wood and Jerry Blevins, ultimately Chris Carter ($3.5 million) and Jon Niese ($1.25 million, minors deal) made sense … Cashman says he had trade offers for Brett Gardner. Those offers are said to have involved no money changing hands, but the Yankees didn’t like the returns
    https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/ins...-market-early/

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Would you have said the same thing last March?

Renting a luxury house/apartment in a new location for 3 months isn't so bad. Especially if it could lead you to a title.
    And a chance to see what it's like playing for a team other than the Yankees prior to testing free agency.

If he's going to opt out, I don't see why he wouldn't be willing to be traded and play for a team he would consider signing a long-term deal with.

Thread Information