+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1860

Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

we are not the angels. we don't have to trade as though we are the angels. for the next few years, trout's value to the angels is low but to the yankees is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    There isn't one.

I mean, I understand the question/sentiment, and a package including Gleyber as one of several blue chippers would hurt, but you're getting a player who is rightfully in the conversation of Greatest Player Ever as he enters his prime. This guy is a consistent 9-10 win player. It's hard to grasp just how immensely productive he is at times.
    Agree. However, if the Angels are rebuilding they're better served trading someone like Trout unless they feel they can extend him before FA. Mine as well get 4 or 5 blue chip prospects than nothing at all.

Honestly a Torres, Kaprielian, Sanchez, and Bird trade would entice the Angels but I personally would never make that trade. We don't have depth to fill all those positions. Better off hoping Trout makes FA then sign him.

why would you trade those guys lol. there is a lot of surplus down the pyramid. identify the guys you want to keep and trade the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    why would you trade those guys lol. there is a lot of surplus down the pyramid. identify the guys you want to keep and trade the rest.
    Um, seriously? Because those are the guys the Angels would demand for Trout.

Who are these imaginary players you think would get a Trout deal done?

The players "down the pyramid" aren't going to get you jack, in terms of getting a deal done. What you smokin' son..

NYYF Legend

What would your package be? I think It would have to start with Torres or Sanchez. I agree. It might gut the farm and wouldn't be worth it. Then you would have to sign him to Stanton +type money restricting further FA moves.

Bird, Torres, and Sanchez would all have to be in the deal for LA to even think about it. Then you will have to give up at least one of Kap/Sheffield.

Then you probably have to throw in a couple of Frazier/Mateo/Rutherford/Adams/Andujar.

It's ludicrous to even think you wouldn't have to give up the top 3.

angels can demand that but you dont have to deal in those guys. they are in pretty deep .................

they get no value from trout and need to choose from the best available deals.

NYYF Legend

State the exact package awy you would be willing to give up and you think the Angels would accept.

angels can demand that but you dont have to deal in those guys. they are in pretty deep .................

they get no value from trout and need to choose from the best available deals.
    You are bat---- crazy if you think the Angels think they're in deep enough ........... to give someone a quantity-over-quality deal on Trout. Not to mention your idea that the Angels "get no value" from Trout is absurd. Good luck with that.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    State the exact package awy you would be willing to give up and you think the Angels would accept.
    Willing to Give: Torres, Frazier, Kap, Mateo, Adams, Refsnyder

Angels Would Accept: Sanchez, Torres, Bird, Rutherford, Kap, Sheffield

my scenario would depend on certain guys playing well. judge, frazier, severino, didi, fowler, mateo, sheffield, montgomery or whoever pitched well in majors.

you can even trade betances to get some more pieces. there is absolutely no need to give up torres or sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    You are bat---- crazy if you think the Angels think they're in deep enough ........... to give someone a quantity-over-quality deal on Trout. Not to mention your idea that the Angels "get no value" from Trout is absurd. Good luck with that.
    all they'll ever get are quantity vs quality deals it is mike trout lmao.

this kind of deal needs a bit of luck but also plenty of conditions available to create the right sort of circumstances to yankees advantage.

all they'll ever get are quantity vs quality deals it is mike trout lmao.
    Wtf are you talking about. I don't think you get what a quantity-over-quality package/deal is.

Instead of this vague lower tier prospect package of guys (quantity) you're talking about, the Angels would not accept less than a horde of a club's top prospects (quality).

e:
    my scenario would depend on certain guys playing well. judge, frazier, severino, didi, fowler, mateo, sheffield, montgomery or whoever pitched well in majors.
    Holy lulz. Good luck with your GM career.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Wtf are you talking about. I don't think you get what a quantity-over-quality package/deal is.

Instead of this vague lower tier prospect package of guys (quantity) you're talking about, the Angels would not accept less than a horde of a club's top prospects (quality).

I'm still waiting for the silly middling package you're trying to sell as a realistic option to bring back the best player in the game. Go ahead.
    these are top 100 guys most close to majors. not scrubs. plenty of value. why do you think the system is ranked high despite only a couple elite guys?

these are top 100 guys most close to majors. not scrubs. plenty of value. why do you think the system is ranked high despite only a couple elite guys?
    This is totally irrelevant. You think the Angels are looking at list rankings and system depth when they're trying to sell their organization/fanbase on trading Mike Trout?

They're saying: give us your four best cost-controlled players/prospects to start. They begin with guys like Sanchez, Torres, Kap, Bird. I like Dustin Fowler, Acevedo, etc. as much as any other Yankees fan, but your theory is hysterically bad in terms of what the Angels would accept. This is Mike Trout...and not the 33-year-old version. This is the 25-year-old variety.

NYYF Legend

you can even trade betances to get some more pieces. there is absolutely no need to give up torres or sanchez.
    If all these guys played well, the Yanks would win 100 games.

if judge plays well he can fit the bill for a headliner guy. him and frazier would be enough as potential 4-5 win guys. the rest of the guys have a lot of value as potential solid regulars. it will instantly rebuild their farm.

the platitude you repeat about 'all ur prospects' doesnt happen if there are no higher offers. the yankees are rather conveniently matched with angels in having the kind of depth they would value, while also in late stage of rebuilding. who else not tanking but have the prospects to match?

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    If all these guys played well, the Yanks would win 100 games.
    most of them would not be in the majors? the assumption is that judge would adjust and the rest of the list would not tank their value. not asking them to go beyond 60% ish, except judge. judge needs to get some hype behind him for this to work.

if judge plays well he can fit the bill for a headliner guy. him and frazier would be enough as potential 4-5 win guys. the rest of the guys have a lot of value as potential solid regulars. it will instantly rebuild their farm.
    You sir, are out of your mind if you actually believe this.

As far as the "all yur prospects" garbage, let me know the last time the best player in baseball got traded at age 25. If you think this is some WAR calculation plug-n-play word problem, you are sorely mistaken. And to be clear, I was stating what the Angels would be asking for. Your suggestion isn't that LAA should go from platinum to gold package. You're saying they should go from platinum to a CZ diamond off eBay.

you are dismissing the value of top 100 type prospects for a very depleted roster and system. guess what, angels are indeed looking for quantity in a trout trade.

this is baseball not basketball, lots of positions to fill and very limited options given state of free agency.

plus he has a no trade clause which he can use to great effect.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Honestly a Torres, Kaprielian, Sanchez, and Bird trade would entice the Angels but I personally would never make that trade. We don't have depth to fill all those positions. Better off hoping Trout makes FA then sign him.
    Nor should anyone. Doing so is a sign of impatience.
    Keep them all and spend heavily in 2018 when you can sign Harper or Machado at age 26. Possibly a 31 year-old Kershaw too.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

you are dismissing the value of top 100 type prospects for a very depleted roster and system. guess what, angels are indeed looking for quantity in a trout trade.

this is baseball not basketball, lots of positions to fill and very limited options given state of free agency.

plus he has a no trade clause which he can use to great effect.
    I'm not dismissing the value. You are, however, incredibly inflating the value of a bunch of players, many of which are not even top 100 guys right now. As far as basketball, you're right, except you should use your own advice since you somehow think Judge and especially Frazier are big enough pieces to convince the Angels they could be tranformative of a roster. Like you said, this is baseball, and they'd need a helluva lot more than those two players (as centerpieces) to feel comfortable dealing Trout. You're also drastically overstating LAA's need to trade Trout at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    There isn't one.

I mean, I understand the question/sentiment, and a package including Gleyber as one of several blue chippers would hurt, but you're getting a player who is rightfully in the conversation of Greatest Player Ever as he enters his prime. This guy is a consistent 9-10 win player. It's hard to grasp just how immensely productive he is at times.
    So yeah, this is what I was getting at and I wish I didn't log off while the discussion happened.

I'm the biggest Trout fan and agree with your assessment of him, and have followed all you guys and SABR conversations for the last decade.

Trout's a 10 WAR player. But you know it doesn't just work by adding up WAR. Parting with a potential elite catcher on both sides of the dish, a productive above average first baseman, an everyday above average shortstop, and potential #1-2 starter etc for this 10 WAR player doesn't make the Yankees a a better team overall, let alone increases the risk profile of relying so much on one player. In other words, there IS a limit. Put it this way - emptying the farm for Trout makes them us and us them at moment, which none of us want. We have more future purchasing power, yes, but we can't buy everone.

I think about this all the time because I recognize Trout's place in history vs what we have brewing, and think it would be perfect if he was a Yankee. But I'm not going to dismiss awy's thoughts on this one just yet, because I think we can offer tremendous value without giving up everyone.

That's what makes the discussion interesting to me.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

NYYF MVP

Adam F'ing Eaton got traded for a package with better headliners than Frazier + Judge. And we are now talking about Mike Trout who is one of the best players ever through his age 25 season (3rd all time in fWAR behind Mantle and Cobb).

The Angels will want both Torres and Sanchez. I'd definitely settle for a package of one of them plus a lot more to get Trout.

Thread Information