+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1860
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

Pineda unable to put back to back good starts together.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Pineda unable to put back to back good starts together.
    Nice to see him in mid season form this early.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Why was Pineda taken out in the 2nd with runners on, and 2 outs? Anything happen?

Thanks.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Why was Pineda taken out in the 2nd with runners on, and 2 outs? Anything happen?

Thanks.
    No. Seemed like a pitch limit thing. Probably too many in the inning itself.

NYYF Legend

Pineda is maddening. He was the complete opposite of his previous start as his command was all over the place. That is what is scary about this upcoming season as the Yankees are relying so heavily upon Pineda and he seems as inconsistent as ever.

NYYF Legend

When exactly are Yankee starters not going to have a pitch limit in a SPT game? There was a time that by now you would have starters going 6-7 innings. Here it's a miracle if any of them are allowed to get to the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    When exactly are Yankee starters not going to have a pitch limit in a SPT game? There was a time that by now you would have starters going 6-7 innings. Here it's a miracle if any of them are allowed to get to the 5th.
    They coddle them these days it seems. Anyway, how often do we ever get Pineda going 6-7 innings. If we can get 6 out of Pineda consistently, I'd be happy.
    [IMG]http://forums.nyyfans.com/customprofilepics/profilepic10444_1.gif[/IMG]

NYYF Legend

Bird looks so good at the plate right now. You would never guess that he missed last year with a fairly significant injury.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Addicted Member

Holiday is going to help this team tremendously.........What a Beast!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by don4yanks View Post
    Holiday is going to help this team tremendously.........What a Beast!
    Agree. Not saying he will be the All-Star he was back in his hey-day, but he will be a very solid force in that lineup, health permitting.

gleyber clobbers one?

what's sterling's line

Suspended

Gleybae with a 2B in only AB so far with bases loaded. Guy is a force. Stretched into a 2B too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    They only need to stretch them to 5 innings. It's all Joe let's them go in the regular season anyway. Why push them in the spring.

Joe knows.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 51 View Post
    That's what I'm expecting. I would like to see Wade, but I'd be surprised if we do.
    I guess they could move one of the relievers who doesn't make the team off of the 40 man, but it's probably just easier to have both Torreyes and Ref make the team out of camp. It's an interesting scenario, though, and it could be Wade's first (and maybe only) real chance to win the starting job. He's certainly earned it with his ST play.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    They might just do Torreyes at SS, rather than moving Castro. I'd be fine with that. Would certainly be better defensively than Castro/Ref, which has all the makings for disaster.
    Yes, it seems Torreyes was the backup at SS last season (15 games). I don't think the team wants Castro at SS (3 games).

While we're at it, the team doesn't want Refsnyder at 2b, either (27 games- OF, 25 games- 1b, 8 games- 2b).
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

That is what I think. Management is not satisfied with Refsnyder as a second baseman, especially on the defensive side. They like Wade more, as do I. Also, management does not think that Castro can handle moving around the diamond. He has his hands full trying to learn second base. I think they want to give Castro this year as a last chance to reach his potential, both offensively and defensively. They will think that Castro (4) and Wade (6) is a better alignment than Refsnyder (4) and Castro (6).

But I sure hope that management is not satisfied with Torreyes, or Tejada, let alone Kozma, as an offensive SS. If Gregorious is going to miss a good chunk of the season, I hope they give Wade a chance and then give Torres a call. He sure seems ready from the offensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    More players are getting injured in ST games than the WBC. Isn't every player in the WBC who didn't come out of retirement like Gagne and Dempster "under contract"?
    I'm just going to say "I told you so" regarding the risk of injury (Didi) being higher due to the much greater competitive nature of the WBC and representing one's country as opposed regular ST games. Saying otherwise is silliness. When's the last time a starting positional Yankee nearly tore a rotator cuff during spring training?

If this is a rotator cuff injury, it's more a result of wear and tear then anything specific he did at the WBC, unless he did something stupid and tried wrestling someone and was injured that way.
    How do you figure? Certainly could have been a specific play/movement.

Suspended

McKinney 2-2 today. Did we just steal another stud from that Chapman trade?

could be giambi lite if he took roids

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    I'm just going to say "I told you so" regarding the risk of injury (Didi) being higher due to the much greater competitive nature of the WBC and representing one's country as opposed regular ST games. Saying otherwise is silliness. When's the last time a starting positional Yankee nearly tore a rotator cuff during spring training?
    This is the way I've always felt about the WBC. Never quite got the idea that spring training was a good time to let these players air it out in a highly competitive environment while their teammates were just working themselves into shape at the same time. Seems like the WBC puts players at greater risk for more serious injuries.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    This is the way I've always felt about the WBC. Never quite got the idea that spring training was a good time to let these players air it out in a highly competitive environment while their teammates were just working themselves into shape at the same time. Seems like the WBC puts players at greater risk for more serious injuries.
    I agree. Too much, to soon.

If this is a rotator cuff injury, it's more a result of wear and tear then anything specific he did at the WBC, unless he did something stupid and tried wrestling someone and was injured that way. ...
    Not necessarily. Rotator cuff injuries can occur more or less ex nihilo, i.e. without wear and tear. But whether it was wear and tear or a sudden event matters less than where it occurred. If there's going to be a major injury to an essential player, then I'm sure there isn't a GM or Manager in the game who wouldn't prefer that it happen while playing for the team to which he's contracted.

NYYF Legend

They play the games of this tournament in domed Stadiums and in Florida, Mexico and California. Why not play it in November.

Gleyber SS
    Machado 3B
    MIKE TROUT CF
    Harper LF
    Sanchez C
    Bird 1B
    Judge RF
    McKinney DH
    Wade 2B

NYYF Legend

Thanks.
    Joe wanted him to come out of the game on a good note?

I havent been around much but this spring has been impressive. Of course, the Yankees have had some great seasons following terrible springs.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Thread Information