+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 1394
  1. #801

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    So annoying we miss Kap today.

  2. #802
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    So annoying we miss Kap today.
    So expected though.

  3. #803
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    So annoying we miss Kap today.
    It's not that bad. Look at this stellar lineup they have going today...



    12:00 PM (MLB) Yankees Classics '16 #2 David Wells: Perfect Game (vs Twins) (R) 05/17/98 HDTV
    2:30 PM (MLB) Yankees Magazine '17 #10 (R) HDTV
    3:00 PM (TLK) The Michael Kay Show '17 #54 (L) HDTV
    7:00 PM (NBA) Brooklyn Nets Pregame '16-'17 #69 (L) HDTV
    7:30 PM (NBA) Brooklyn Nets '16-'17 #69 Nets at Knicks (L) 03/16/17 HDTV
    10:00 PM (NBA) Brooklyn Nets Postgame '16-'17 #69 (L) HDTV
    10:30 PM (TLK) Best Of The Michael Kay Show '17 #54 (D) HDTV
    11:30 PM (MLB) Yankees Magazine '17 #10 (R) HDTV


    Not bad considering the Yankees are actually playing today.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

  4. #804
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    So expected though.
    How does this rank on your So Expected™ scale?

    Bryan Hoch‏ @BryanHoch 17s18 seconds ago
    Joe Girardi said that Austin Romine still has "a leg up" over Kyle Higashioka for the backup catcher job. #Yankees
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  5. #805
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    So annoying we miss Kap today.
    Isn't that the truth and also disappointing, has been the fact that of the games televised, I have only seen Sheffield pitch once as well.

  6. #806

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    So annoying we miss Kap today.
    At first I thought you wrote 'So annoying we miss Kay today'. That was almost inconceivable.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  7. #807
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It's not that bad. Look at this stellar lineup they have going today...



    12:00 PM (MLB) Yankees Classics '16 #2 David Wells: Perfect Game (vs Twins) (R) 05/17/98 HDTV
    2:30 PM (MLB) Yankees Magazine '17 #10 (R) HDTV
    3:00 PM (TLK) The Michael Kay Show '17 #54 (L) HDTV
    7:00 PM (NBA) Brooklyn Nets Pregame '16-'17 #69 (L) HDTV
    7:30 PM (NBA) Brooklyn Nets '16-'17 #69 Nets at Knicks (L) 03/16/17 HDTV
    10:00 PM (NBA) Brooklyn Nets Postgame '16-'17 #69 (L) HDTV
    10:30 PM (TLK) Best Of The Michael Kay Show '17 #54 (D) HDTV
    11:30 PM (MLB) Yankees Magazine '17 #10 (R) HDTV


    Not bad considering the Yankees are actually playing today.
    This is gold
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  8. #808
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    How does this rank on your So Expected™ scale?

    Bryan Hoch‏ @BryanHoch 17s18 seconds ago
    Joe Girardi said that Austin Romine still has "a leg up" over Kyle Higashioka for the backup catcher job. #Yankees
    "Leg up" implies that there is actually a competition so I guess that's good news if you're a glass half full type of person.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  9. #809
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    How does this rank on your So Expected™ scale?

    Bryan Hoch‏ @BryanHoch 17s18 seconds ago
    Joe Girardi said that Austin Romine still has "a leg up" over Kyle Higashioka for the backup catcher job. #Yankees
    Maaaaad expected. I'm hoping they are smart enough to leverage his good ST stats and trade.

    Cessa being bad at baseball right now. He should start in AAA and most importantly not be the first one called up.

  10. #810

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    So expected though.
    Totes.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It's not that bad. Look at this stellar lineup they have going today...
    Ugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Bryan Hoch‏ @BryanHoch 17s18 seconds ago
    Joe Girardi said that Austin Romine still has "a leg up" over Kyle Higashioka for the backup catcher job. #Yankees
    Of course he does. If Romine broke his wrist yesterday Girardi would've said the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Isn't that the truth and also disappointing, has been the fact that of the games televised, I have only seen Sheffield pitch once as well.
    Yep. Typical.

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    At first I thought you wrote 'So annoying we miss Kay today'. That was almost inconceivable.
    hahah. never Muggs.

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    "Leg up" implies that there is actually a competition so I guess that's good news if you're a glass half full type of person.
    For real.

  11. #811
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Hicksy and Castro with back-to-back HRs!!!!

  12. #812
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Ugly day for Cessa as he went 1.2, 6H, 4R, BB, and 2K.
    Also, Refsnyder just went deep and he did so off of Jason Grilli.

    .

  13. #813

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Hicksy and Castro with back-to-back HRs!!!!
    "We can see that Castro and Hicks have rounded into form just in time for the regular season to begin. So we're going to play the hot hand (for months after they've cooled off)."


  14. #814
    NYYF Cy Young

    oneill96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portlandia, USA.

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Mitchell is mowing them down. Cessa looks like he's toast.

    Edit: Mitchell just gave up a triple.
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

  15. #815
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Clint HR. First of the Spring for him. Kind of my beef with Clint. Doesn't get on base a ton. Doesn't hit a ton of HRs. He's so meh for me. With our OF depth. I'd move easily.

  16. #816
    NYYF Cy Young

    oneill96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portlandia, USA.

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Clint HR. First of the Spring for him. Kind of my beef with Clint. Doesn't get on base a ton. Doesn't hit a ton of HRs. He's so meh for me. With our OF depth. I'd move easily.
    I wish I could see more of him this spring. Thanks to YES, I probably won't get a chance. Great programming, guys.
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

  17. #817
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    He's got bat speed and age on his side to become a better player. However, I'd wager they don't turn into anything special. Trade while his value is still very high. Get Quintana.

  18. #818
    News Breaker hairnovaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Halifax, NS.

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Kaprielian with a 12-pitch inning: K, BB, 5-4-3 DP.

    Might go another inning.

    Erik Boland:
    Stadium gun had Kaprielian fastball sitting 95-96.

  19. #819
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    X-rays were negative.
    Shouldn't that mean that there were no bones in the hand?

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  20. #820
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Maaaaad expected. I'm hoping they are smart enough to leverage his good ST stats and trade.

    Cessa being bad at baseball right now. He should start in AAA and most importantly not be the first one called up.
    Higgy has options, Romine doesn't. Unless Romine get's traded or a catcher winds up on the DL Higgy will be in AAA.

    And yes a trade or ROmine would be the best outcome.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  21. #821
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Higgy has options, Romine doesn't. Unless Romine get's traded or a catcher winds up on the DL Higgy will be in AAA.

    And yes a trade or ROmine would be the best outcome.
    Trust me. I get it. It doesn't make it any less stupid. Romine isn't worth the fabric required for his uniform.

  22. #822
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    Kaprielian with a 12-pitch inning: K, BB, 5-4-3 DP.

    Might go another inning.

    Erik Boland:
    Stadium gun had Kaprielian fastball sitting 95-96.
    2IP. 3K. 1BB. 0R 0H

    He doesn't exist for me until he throws 100 IP.

  23. #823
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    He's got bat speed and age on his side to become a better player. However, I'd wager they don't turn into anything special. Trade while his value is still very high. Get Quintana.
    Not that it's necessarily an either/or scenario but given the choice I'd much rather keep Rutherford than Frazier. I say that because Rutherford's name wasn't on the list of prospects deemed "untouchable" in the article that surfaced last week regarding the Yankees interest in Quintana. Edit: This is the article I'm referring to: http://nypost.com/2017/03/08/white-s...uintana-trade/

    However, the Yankees won’t trade Gary Sanchez, Greg Bird, Gleyber Torres, Justus Sheffield or Aaron Judge, and that might take them out of the mix.
    Now that I'm reading it again, they do not mention Frazier, either.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  24. #824

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Clint HR. First of the Spring for him. Kind of my beef with Clint. Doesn't get on base a ton. Doesn't hit a ton of HRs. He's so meh for me. With our OF depth. I'd move easily.
    I feel like a 2,3,4,5 of Frazier, Gary, Brid and Judge would be crazy productive. Frazier could be a 30-30 guy

  25. #825
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    I feel like a 2,3,4,5 of Frazier, Gary, Brid and Judge would be crazy productive. Frazier could be a 30-30 guy
    More likely won't be. Like 95% chance he won't.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 5 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts