NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

haha so happy, F the Steelers

And Coughlin is money, Mara is such a tool

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    The Steelers beat the Steelers again.
    The Jacksonville Jaguars led wire-to-wire in an impressive win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Jags won the turnover battle and scored points off them with 14 points off two takeaways and also another 14 off two turnover on downs.

Leonard Fournette had a nice bounce back game.

The Jags have a score to settle with the New England Patriots up in Foxborough after the Pats beat them three times.

Oh my goodness gracious me! What a finish in Minneapolis!

The Minnesota Vikings won in a walkoff bomb over the New Orleans Saints 29-24!

Case Keenum with a frozen rope to Stefon Diggs who took it to the house after Marcus Williams gambled for a tackle and took out one of the other Saints defenders out of the play.

The Vikings head off to Philly despite blowing a 17-0 halftime lead. Drew Brees and the Saints had 21-20 and 24-23 leads before that walkoff touchdown.

Three teams with unlikely stories at QB are in the Final Four.

That was nuts...Marcus Williams is gonna have a really long off season

Wow..

Vikings's radio call.

You don't hear broadcasters say "No way!" very often.

Shocking. I really wanted to see Brees win another SB. Well, the only silver lining is that the Vikes would have home field advantage pretty much in a SB and maybe that's enough to edge out the Pats

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    haha so happy, F the Steelers

And Coughlin is money, Mara is such a tool
    Can you honestly say that Coughlin had anything to do with this win? The roster was set when he came aboard. Did he run the draft?

NYYF Legend

Why wasn't Diggs penalized for taking his helmet off in the end zone? Did they change this rule?

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

That was the most insane and exciting final quarter of football I can remember. I've never had my jaw literally drop like that on the last play. Hats off to Case Keenum who led two scoring drives under two minutes to win a playoff game.

Also, thank you to the Vikings special teams, who by kneeling on the extra point secured my New Orleans +5.5 bet.

I bet the NFC South have a bitter pill to swallow in this postseason.

Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons came up empty in the second half against the Philadelphia Eagles. Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers made more changes to their staff after their loss to New Orleans Saints.

Drew Brees and the Saints lose in a heartbreaker to the Minnesota Vikings and no NFC South team reaches the NFC Championship Game despite having three teams on board.

Speaking of the New Orleans Saints, I bet the Saints and their fans sensed deja vu in a similar game against the San Francisco 49ers six years ago in the 2011-12 NFL playoffs after their loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

Date: January 14
    Round: NFC Division Round

The Saints were on the road.

The Saints trailed 17-0 at one point on both occasions because of turnovers and points off turnovers.

Brees and the Saints refused to quit and got back into the game.

There were four lead changes with under five minutes in the fourth quarter.

Brees and the Saints had a lead with under a minute go.

Both the 49ers and Vikings broke Brees and Saints' hearts with a game-winning drive and advance to the NFC title game.

Another coaching vacancy is open. Tennessee Titans and head coach Mike Mularkey decide to mutually part ways
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...115-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    That was the most insane and exciting final quarter of football I can remember. I've never had my jaw literally drop like that on the last play. Hats off to Case Keenum who led two scoring drives under two minutes to win a playoff game.

Also, thank you to the Vikings special teams, who by kneeling on the extra point secured my New Orleans +5.5 bet.
    It seems like a strange rule to have to execute the extra point in the play-offs when the game has ended and a winner already has been determined. But there's the betting so we know why they make them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Why wasn't Diggs penalized for taking his helmet off in the end zone? Did they change this rule?
    So a flag actually was thrown in the endzone. Since that penalty is enforced on the kickoff, and it is not a penalty that results in extending the period, there would be no kickoff so it became irrelevant. I'm not sure whey they didn't announce it and explain why it wouldn't be enforced, other than a) it didn't matter, and b) with all the insanity going on, why bother. But you're right, it is a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    It seems like a strange rule to have to execute the extra point in the play-offs when the game has ended and a winner already has been determined. But there's the betting so we know why they make them do it.

Hey Vikings fans, keep your word!

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playof...-dynasty-stats

We Don’t Have the Numbers to Fully Appreciate the Patriots’ Dynasty
    But we can try! Here are all the mind-boggling stats that put New England’s 17-year run into perspective.
    The Patriots are the most winning team of the Tom Brady–Belichick era (duh) and looking at their regular-season point differential, a simple metric that can be more informative than a team’s record, paints a picture of even greater dominance. The Patriots are in a different galaxy at plus-2,534—more than double every team except no. 2 Pittsburgh (plus-1,354). Just the difference between the Patriots and the Steelers would be the fourth-highest bar on the chart. The Pats have such a high point differential that if you combined the last-place Browns’ (minus-1,477) score and New England’s, that number would still be good for fourth place.
    Nuts.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Belichick is always the smartest guy in the room. Not only does he know his opponents inside out and can pick them apart starting with taking away their greatest strength, but he also knows the rulebook inside out and exploits it when he needs it most. Then you have the bootcamp mentality in the locker room where every player is expected to fall in line and know their role 110%, and on top of that he has the best quarterback in NFL history. It's quite a confluence of circumstance, let's see if he can keep it up without Brady or Garoppolo

Tom Brady apparently hurt his throwing hand on Wednesday, didn't practice yesterday and hasn't been seen or talked to the media. Either this is a brilliant ruse by BB or that Jags +9.5 is a sweet deal today.

BB55's NFL Conference Championship Game Picks

AFC: NE over JAX
    NFC: MIN over PHI

NYYF Legend

Of course yet another team fails to hold onto a double digit lead in the 4th quarter against the Patriots in a playoff game.

Thread Information