+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Of course yet another team fails to hold onto a double digit lead in the 4th quarter against the Patriots in a playoff game.
    Seemingly every freaking time. It's just sickening.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CptCrunch View Post
    Seemingly every freaking time. It's just sickening.
    The Jags painfully tried to run the clock out with about 20 minutes to go. You can't do that against this team. Sadly I have seen a Coughlin run team do this too many times.

Worst Super Bowl matchup since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Worst Super Bowl matchup since 2005.
    Yeah, two bad guys.

Ugh, I have having to root for the Patriots. (But in hindsight I'm sure glad about that comeback).

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Belichick is always the smartest guy in the room. Not only does he know his opponents inside out and can pick them apart starting with taking away their greatest strength, but he also knows the rulebook inside out and exploits it when he needs it most. Then you have the bootcamp mentality in the locker room where every player is expected to fall in line and know their role 110%, and on top of that he has the best quarterback in NFL history. It's quite a confluence of circumstance, let's see if he can keep it up without Brady or Garoppolo
    Exactly. I read an article on him on some magazine and this is him to a T. They run a college lecture style locker room and each player can get asked by him anytime whether they’re in the locker room, gym, cafeteria, etc...

And this is why I think they’re gonna be repeat Super Bowl champions.

NYYF Cy Young

Pats vs. Eagles.

Couldn't happen to two nicer fan-bases.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Pats vs. Eagles.

Couldn't happen to two nicer fan-bases.
    That's the only positive thing I can find with this matchup....one team and their fans will end up miserable....on the losing end.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Go Pats! F the Eagles!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post
    That's the only positive thing I can find with this matchup....one team and their fans will end up miserable....on the losing end.
    Not quite. The Pats fans can still brag about 5 titles in 17 seasons. Philly, 3 time super bowl losers, no titles since 1960. I wouldn't go near a fan for a good month if they lose.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Go Pats! F the Eagles!
    I can't imagine the levels of destruction that awaits in Philadelphia if the Eagles manage to win. It's going to make Syria look like a peaceful vacation resort

NYYF Legend

Not quite. The Pats fans can still brag about 5 titles in 17 seasons. Philly, 3 time super bowl losers, no titles since 1960. I wouldn't go near a fan for a good month if they lose.
    So if they lose, Pats fans will just smile and wax nostalgic? No Pats fan I know will just brush it off if they lose.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I can't imagine the levels of destruction that awaits in Philadelphia if the Eagles manage to win. It's going to make Syria look like a peaceful vacation resort
    You think the Liberty Bell is cracked now...

So the Patriots, who two years ago were victims of a two year smear job orchestrated by the league and commissionr, who had their star QB suspended for four games for reasons that defy science, now have the refs on their side?

So the Patriots, who two years ago were victims of a two year smear job orchestrated by the league and commissionr, who had their star QB suspended for four games for reasons that defy science, now have the refs on their side?
    Perhaps the Patriots were just super-disciplined yesterday (1 penalty for 10 yards) while the Jags were reckless (6 penalties for 98 yards). But the pass interference call on Bouye vs. Cooks was pretty bad, and they mistakenly blew dead what should have been a Jack fumble recovery for a TD. Nevertheless, I'd prefer to chalk it up to the Jags not doing enough and Bortles not coming up with a big play.

This crew certainly didn't help matters with their inappropriate actions at the end of the game (and I'd say the same about any official in any sport). You did your job, go hit the showers.

NYYF Legend

This has been a weird year where they have gotten a ton of weird, borderline calls that normally don't happen (the 3+ overturned-in-their-favor-with-questionable-evidence goal line incompletion/fumbles that directly affected games, etc). I don't normally feel this way, but this year it's felt like they get the benefit of the doubt on everything. Like to the point that if these same calls went against NE, Patriots fans would be talking about Goodell fixing everything against them.

NYYF Legend

This crew certainly didn't help matters with their inappropriate actions at the end of the game (and I'd say the same about any official in any sport). You did your job, go hit the showers.

haha yeah that picture is SOOOOO bad. Expect to be see it repeatedly for years to come

NYYF Legend

In general, I don't really know why any non-Patriots fan would enjoy watching them play possum at home for awhile, then get a couple of calls and start trying so they can finish as the comeback heroes again. It's pretty boring, the games are all kind of the same.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post
    So if they lose, Pats fans will just smile and wax nostalgic? No Pats fan I know will just brush it off if they lose.
    No but they will move on with their lives. I live up here. It's not like the Red Sox 1918-2013.

NYYF Legend

Perhaps the Patriots were just super-disciplined yesterday (1 penalty for 10 yards) while the Jags were reckless (6 penalties for 98 yards). But the pass interference call on Bouye vs. Cooks was pretty bad, and they mistakenly blew dead what should have been a Jack fumble recovery for a TD. Nevertheless, I'd prefer to chalk it up to the Jags not doing enough and Bortles not coming up with a big play.
    Jack was touched by Lewis and was down by contact once recovering the fumble. Even if the whistle wasn't blown it would have been called back on review.

Jack was touched by Lewis and was down by contact once recovering the fumble. Even if the whistle wasn't blown it would have been called back on review.
    That's how I saw it too. The more egregious missed call/turnover was back in the Chiefs/Titans game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcn9Ac3HLFw

Thread Information