+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 75 of 75
  1. #51
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    baltimore, md

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    It matters if for any reason he got Paroled or clemency in his other convicted case he would have to serve this other sentence. I will say this was a huge waste of my fellow taxpayers money.

    And then this sad news happened. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6a65d3436703
    I don't see how that marriage survives the year. Hell, I'd probably kill myself if I were him.

  2. #52
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    As a parent of a daughter it is an absolutely scary thought of the possibilities that she could be accidentally run over by me pulling out of the driveway.

  3. #53

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    It matters if for any reason he got Paroled or clemency in his other convicted case he would have to serve this other sentence. I will say this was a huge waste of my fellow taxpayers money.

    And then this sad news happened. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6a65d3436703
    Wow, that Heap story is heart breaking for everyone.

  4. #54

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    As a parent of a daughter it is an absolutely scary thought of the possibilities that she could be accidentally run over by me pulling out of the driveway.
    With the popularity of reverse cameras, that has made your nightmare scenario more preventable. Heap was pulling forward. Damn, that's really a horrible story.

    On a side note about AH, he doesn't have the possibility of parole. That's why I agree that it was a waste of taxpayer money.

  5. #55
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    With the popularity of reverse cameras, that has made your nightmare scenario more preventable. Heap was pulling forward. Damn, that's really a horrible story.

    On a side note about AH, he doesn't have the possibility of parole. That's why I agree that it was a waste of taxpayer money.
    Did I read that his attorney thinks he can appeal and get the first conviction overturned?

  6. #56

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Did I read that his attorney thinks he can appeal and get the first conviction overturned?
    As long as he keeps getting paid, I would imagine

  7. #57
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    As long as he keeps getting paid, I would imagine
    It was bad enough OJ went free, imagine if this maniac was released.

  8. #58

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It was bad enough OJ went free, imagine if this maniac was released.
    I never really considered OJ a public menace but Hernandez scares me.

  9. #59
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    The lawyer is the one who got famous for getting Casey Anthony found not guilty.

  10. #60
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Did I read that his attorney thinks he can appeal and get the first conviction overturned?
    That's his plan. He also got Casey Anthony off so there's that.

  11. #61

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It was bad enough OJ went free, imagine if this maniac was released.
    I heard on the news this morning just before going out the door that Hernandez was found dead in his jail cell early this morning. I don't have any other details or a link.

  12. #62
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I heard on the news this morning just before going out the door that Hernandez was found dead in his jail cell early this morning. I don't have any other details or a link.
    Here ya go...

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/us/aar....html?adkey=bn

  13. #63
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    That's really shady. We'll see what happens.

  14. #64
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    That's really shady. We'll see what happens.
    Are you suggesting an inside job?

  15. #65
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Are you suggesting an inside job?
    That is what his lawyer is suggesting

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-been-murdered

  16. #66
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Are you suggesting an inside job?
    I don't know what I'm suggesting. It's just weird he went through the trial, paid all that money, got acquitted and now does this? Either he was really guilty of the double murder, and felt guilty for getting off; felt utterly defeated at getting acquitted of murder but still spending life in prison; or inside job.

    And the Patriots spent today at the White House.

  17. #67
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I don't know what I'm suggesting. It's just weird he went through the trial, paid all that money, got acquitted and now does this? Either he was really guilty of the double murder, and felt guilty for getting off; felt utterly defeated at getting acquitted of murder but still spending life in prison; or inside job.

    And the Patriots spent today at the White House.
    Who had a worse day?

  18. #68
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Anybody else just 100% sick of Rob Gronkowski? He had absolutely nothing- zilch - to do with the 2016 Patriots winning it all yet he steals the show at the White House interupting the Press Briefing and everyone laughs. This also after getting an entire episode of the Family Guy dedicated to him where he acts out his douchy BroDude persona as a cartoon. He even got away with acting in a horrible movie. Meanwhile he may never last a full season again due to his injuries.

  19. #69
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    I was 100% sick of Gronkowski 2 years ago. I take nothing away from his ability, but like you said he had nothing to do with last years championship.

    The party cruise, WWE, NASCAR and all the extracurricular stuff he does and gets worshipped for. He's as big of an attention whore as the Kardashians.
    Last edited by CalYankeeFan; 04-21-17 at 12:57 AM.

  20. #70
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Regarding Hernandez, he might have saved his estate (daughter and fiancÚ) by killing himself. I am sure the legal battle will go on for years.

  21. #71
    Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    2017 NFL Regular Season schedule released
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule

    Super Bowl LII odds
    http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...super-bowl-lii

  22. #72
    Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    New Orelans Sains DE Will Smith's murderer Cardell Hayes sentenced to 25 years in prison
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-smith-killing

  23. #73
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I was 100% sick of Gronkowski 2 years ago. I take nothing away from his ability, but like you said he had nothing to do with last years championship.

    The party cruise, WWE, NASCAR and all the extracurricular stuff he does and gets worshipped for. He's as big of an attention whore as the Kardashians.
    The Gronk family booze cruise poses a ridiculous double standard. Several black player tweeted asking what the reaction would have been if they planned something like this.

    How can Kraft let him Wrestle? Aren't activities like that strictly forbidden in standard player contracts?

  24. #74
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    The Gronk family booze cruise poses a ridiculous double standard. Several black player tweeted asking what the reaction would have been if they planned something like this.

    How can Kraft let him Wrestle? Aren't activities like that strictly forbidden in standard player contracts?
    Race aside, the booze cruise is a double standard IMO. Ironic that at the same time Manziel is going through his issues, Gronkowski is being celebrated for being a great partier.

    Everybody is entitled to have a good time once in awhile, but the media portayal of him is really rather sickening IMO.

  25. #75
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Race aside, the booze cruise is a double standard IMO. Ironic that at the same time Manziel is going through his issues, Gronkowski is being celebrated for being a great partier.

    Everybody is entitled to have a good time once in awhile, but the media portayal of him is really rather sickening IMO.
    I read the Boston Globe. It is sickening how he gets a pass. The Travel section even bought a ticket to his cruise for one lucky writer to gush about the debauchery all week. As for Manziel, well he just sucks at partying.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts