+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    So Ezekiel Elliot's 6 game suspension was upheld, but he can play this week vs the Giants?? That's not fair.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ll-play-sunday

They've known for weeks he was suspended and should have game planned for him to not be there. Now 4 days out they get him back? BS.
    More proof that the NFL bends backwards for the Cowboys.

NYYF Legend

So Ezekiel Elliot's 6 game suspension was upheld, but he can play this week vs the Giants?? That's not fair.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ll-play-sunday

They've known for weeks he was suspended and should have game planned for him to not be there. Now 4 days out they get him back? BS.
    It's bigger BS that he got suspended at all for unprosecuted allegations

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It's bigger BS that he got suspended at all for unprosecuted allegations
    He was suspended for personal conduct, not for the allegations. The league has every right and that is why he lost. But it is still BS that he gets to play against their biggest division rival and then sit out 6 games.

Tough break for the Dolphins and Bucs losing their bye week. I'm a little surprised they didn't just move to a neutral site - I though I read that both teams told the league they'd prefer that to rescheduling it for the bye week, but I saw a quote from the Dolphins coach that he was happy playing it later in the season, so who knows. Unfortunate outcome for the teams either way.

And on the subject of suspensions, this means Doug Martin will be out when the Giants play Tampa in week 4 - his 3 game suspension will now include that game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    He was suspended for personal conduct, not for the allegations. The league has every right and that is why he lost. But it is still BS that he gets to play against their biggest division rival and then sit out 6 games.
    no it's bullsh|t, the personal conduct off the field should not come into play unless convicted in a court of law. If he started a fight in the team hotel or did something while with the team, it would be a different matter. I can't stand this moralizing by the NFL to pander to every possible demographic and sponsor. People want to see players play they don't want the commissioner player judge jury and executioner. The NFL is a joke now

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Tough break for the Dolphins and Bucs losing their bye week. I'm a little surprised they didn't just move to a neutral site - I though I read that both teams told the league they'd prefer that to rescheduling it for the bye week, but I saw a quote from the Dolphins coach that he was happy playing it later in the season, so who knows. Unfortunate outcome for the teams either way.

And on the subject of suspensions, this means Doug Martin will be out when the Giants play Tampa in week 4 - his 3 game suspension will now include that game.
    I wonder how much of it has to do with the Falcons having a new stadium this season and they didn't want two random teams to be there for the first game?

Having these teams play 16 straight weeks is pretty brutal. Still think the smart move would have been to move it to either Atlanta or Carolina and have the ticket sales go to charity.

I wonder how much of it has to do with the Falcons having a new stadium this season and they didn't want two random teams to be there for the first game?
    There are other stadiums, some reasonably close, so I don't think that should have been a big factor. Also, while maybe the Falcons want to be the first NFL game, there have already been 2 college games, and there will also be a soccer game, before the Falcons play a game there.

Consistency counts for certain things I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    no it's bullsh|t, the personal conduct off the field should not come into play unless convicted in a court of law. If he started a fight in the team hotel or did something while with the team, it would be a different matter. I can't stand this moralizing by the NFL to pander to every possible demographic and sponsor. People want to see players play they don't want the commissioner player judge jury and executioner. The NFL is a joke now
    I agree.
    It's turned into the "Look at how much power Roger Goodell has" show.
    In what other entity in the free world has the original judge also rule over the appeal?
    It's complete BS. I hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I agree.
    It's turned into the "Look at how much power Roger Goodell has" show.
    In what other entity in the free world has the original judge also rule over the appeal?
    It's complete BS. I hate him.
    He's such a clown.

http://deadspin.com/roger-goodell-wh...m-n-1801871895
    Roger Goodell, commissioner of the National Football League for 11 years as of this week, was asked on FS1's First Things First if he believes Colin Kaepernick should have a place on an NFL roster.

Cris Carter told Goodell that as a former player, seeing “someone like Joe Webb get signed as a third-stringer in Buffalo” is “disturbing.” When Carter asked if Goodell is “troubled by Kaepernick not being on an opening day roster,” the commissioner said the NFL is “always about meritocracy and opportunity,” adding that he likes to see “everyone get an opportunity—including Colin—but those are decisions made by football people.”

Carter’s co-host Nick Wright followed up on Goodell’s answer, asking him if, after watching Kaepernick play last year, he believed the quarterback was good enough to make an NFL roster.

Goodell replied: “One thing I do as a commissioner is, I don’t make those decisions. I’m not a football expert.” The commissioner added that he’s a huge fan of the game, but he’s not a “football person.”

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

NFL postpones Miami Dolphins-Tampa Bay Buccaneers opener to week 11 due to Hurricane Irma
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...urricane-irma/

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    There are other stadiums, some reasonably close, so I don't think that should have been a big factor. Also, while maybe the Falcons want to be the first NFL game, there have already been 2 college games, and there will also be a soccer game, before the Falcons play a game there.
    Atlanta isn't exactly in safe territory as far as the Hurricane is concerned. Even so, there will be more people in Georgia due to the Florida evacuations.

NYYF Legend

So, the debate about the Patriots going undefeated is over before it began. Yay!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    So, the debate about the Patriots going undefeated is over before it began. Yay!
    that defense sucked balls, and Brady was not on his game at all. Let's see what he has left next week and if they can salvage the Defense

NYYF Legend

Kansas City Chiefs All-Pro S Eric Berry out for season with ruptured torn Achilles tendon
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...chilles-tendon

Best bet this week: Panthers -5

Other good plays Giants +4, Falcons -7, Packers -3

Actually had Falcons -6 at -110 but in my pickem it was -7. So no money lost atleast
    Last edited by fightingirish595; 09-10-17 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    The road to Super Bowl LII inside Minneapolis' U.S. Bank Stadium begins.

Another year. Another NFL thread.
    Yeah!!!

Mike Daniels of the GB Packers is a beast!

NYYF Legend

A lot going on today. Last years 1-2 picks in Goff and Wentz looked fantastic today. The Jags shock the Texans who might have to end the Tom Savage experiment and hand the ball over to Watson. The Colts got crushed and may need to start Brisett untill Luck returns. The Lions look like a legitimate contender.

A lot going on today. Last years 1-2 picks in Goff and Wentz looked fantastic today. The Jags shock the Texans who might have to end the Tom Savage experiment and hand the ball over to Watson. The Colts got crushed and may need to start Brisett untill Luck returns. The Lions look like a legitimate contender.
    The Jags' D is really good and Watson didn't really fair any better than Savage, but they still should probably make the move.

The Colts and the Jets are the two biggest messes to clean up. I think one of them is going 0-16 and the other 1-15.

That Jags D is a monster, but they need offensive help since Allen Robinson is out for the year with a torn ACL in his knee.

As for my local teams in San Francisco Bay Area, the Raiders grabbed a huge win that could decide between them and the Titans for at least the third seed in AFC. Meanwhile in Levi's Stadiums, looks like Kyle Shanahan still has his Super Bowl LI collapse hangover.

The Texans? Can't draft or develop a QB. They better hope Deshaun Watson is the answer or else, it's back to square one.

I got the Colts under 7.5 wins. I is happy.

Thread Information