+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Brock Osweiller totally concussed some sideline guy last night.
    Totally saw that, have to admit I was laughing my ass off for 5 minutes watching it on a loop. Weird how the announcers made zero mention of it

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Totally saw that, have to admit I was laughing my ass off for 5 minutes watching it on a loop. Weird how the announcers made zero mention of it
    In that guys defense, he shouldn't have ever expected a ball to be thrown that far off at a NFL game.

NYYF Legend

In that guys defense, he shouldn't have ever expected a ball to be thrown that far off at a NFL game.
    I bet they sign contracts with a lot of language to that effect that they are responsible for being alert and the NFL is not responsible for decapitation

NYYF Legend

Who knew that losing an all-pro tackle in Smith, would hurt the team more than losing an all-pro running back like Elliott. I still cannot believe that that the Cowboys coaching staff did nothing to address that problem almost all game long and let one defensive player ruin an entire offense. Good fn times.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...d-car-accident

Former Pats/Cowboys/Packer WR Terry Glenn dies in car crash..sad only 43 RIP

Needs to be suspended.

NYYF Legend

I agree. He does the same thing that OBJ gets criticized for (party boats, TD celebrations, personal fouls) with a fraction of the hate and negativity. Half of the Giants fans want OBJ traded while 100% Patriots fans give Gronk a pass.

NYYF Legend

The Iggles have landed.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    I agree. He does the same thing that OBJ gets criticized for (party boats, TD celebrations, personal fouls) with a fraction of the hate and negativity. Half of the Giants fans want OBJ traded while 100% Patriots fans give Gronk a pass.
    No doubt.

NYYF Legend

The media gives him a pass too. In fact, they promote it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    The media gives him a pass too. In fact, they promote it.
    Sounds a bit racist when you think about.

Anyone see the game last night. This was terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Needs to be suspended.

He should have been suspended for at least 2 games for that hit. What made it worse was his complaining after the game about all the calls not going their way, as if that justified it. He really grossed me out yesterday. Lost a lot of respect for him (and yes I'm a Pats fan). Now the fact he's appealing just makes him look even stupider. Just sit out the Miami game. There's no way they throw out the suspension and now he's messing around with possibly being suspended for the Pitt game if the league decides to take their time hearing his appeal.

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

A very physical, violent MNF game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals last night.

Ryan Shazier and Vontaze Burfict left the game in a cart
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW5CwGHRe_4

Jon Gruden's take
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDxlV4YI3CA

All the hits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1FfOwjlqxU

NYYF Legend

Insane. Felt guilty watching it. I don't know how any parent could watch a game like last night, and allow their kid to play anything besides flag.....

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Insane. Felt guilty watching it. I don't know how any parent could watch a game like last night, and allow their kid to play anything besides flag.....
    well the odds are small, not much different than a hockey player taking a skate blade to the face or neck, or a baseball player planting their foot and breaking the bone 180 degrees until it nearly or fully comes out of the skin. Bad stuff happens in life and all sports. But re the NFL, wouldn't want my kid playing because of the repeated head shock and very high chance of CTE. Would prefer my kids played baseball or basketball, and definitely no soccer that involves head butting the ball

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    well the odds are small, not much different than a hockey player taking a skate blade to the face or neck, or a baseball player planting their foot and breaking the bone 180 degrees until it nearly or fully comes out of the skin. Bad stuff happens in life and all sports. But re the NFL, wouldn't want my kid playing because of the repeated head shock and very high chance of CTE. Would prefer my kids played baseball or basketball, and definitely no soccer that involves head butting the ball
    My kids, ages 9 and 7 play both baseball and soccer. Anything can happen in any sport, but steps are being taken to make it as safe as possible. In the AYSO divisions they play in heading the ball is not allowed. In baseball, there is a new bat standard which has deadened the aluminum bats quite a bit. We also put face guards on their helmets, which you see more of in MLB now, especially since the Stanton incident.

But yeah, football is a no-go. Like you said, its the constant repeated hits that, and we are still learning about the long term effect.

NYYF Legend

He should have been suspended for at least 2 games for that hit. What made it worse was his complaining after the game about all the calls not going their way, as if that justified it. He really grossed me out yesterday. Lost a lot of respect for him (and yes I'm a Pats fan). Now the fact he's appealing just makes him look even stupider. Just sit out the Miami game. There's no way they throw out the suspension and now he's messing around with possibly being suspended for the Pitt game if the league decides to take their time hearing his appeal.
    Did you read Dan Shaugnessy's take on it? He brought up a good point. Why is Belichick still calling pass plays late in the 4th with the score locked up? Calling run plays and this incident doesn't happen.

Did you read Dan Shaugnessy's take on it? He brought up a good point. Why is Belichick still calling pass plays late in the 4th with the score locked up? Calling run plays and this incident doesn't happen.
    I make a point to not have Dan Shaugnessy enter into my life. But he's right. BB also has a 40 year old QB who doesn't need any extra hits that you get from pass plays. Hand the ball off, run out the clock, go home with the easy win.

On a comical note, Tom Brady is now tied for having the most wins of any QB in Buffalo this century.

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Honestly, I'm less and less interested in watching football as the older I get. I like the sport but I don't take pleasure from watching brutal head shots.

On a comical note, Tom Brady is now tied for having the most wins of any QB in Buffalo this century.
    And he's tied with Drew Bledsoe, who got one of his wins while he was still with New England. So Brady has more wins there than any Buffalo QB this century. Him and Roethlisberger should get t-shirts printed up.

The Philadelphia Eagles clinched the NFC East and still on track for the #1 seed in the NFC Playoff Bracket, but it came with a hefty price.

QB Carson Wentz tore an ACL in his left knee in their thriller win against the Los Angeles Rams and is done for the year.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ss-rest-season

The clip:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWLYDY01zkY

2017-18 NFL Playoffs Update

Clinched spots
    NFC: PHI (NFC East winner)
    AFC: PIT (AFC North winner)

Eliminated from postseason contention
    NFC: NYG, SF, CHI, TB and WSH
    AFC: CLE, DEN and IND

Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien. Letting QB Tom Savage back in the game after this?!
    https://twitter.com/3lone/status/939945643715346432

"If I had seen the video, Savage out."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...e-video-qb-out

Oh my goodness gracious me. Give me a break Bill O'Brien.

Thread Information