+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Password issues

NYYF Cy Young

Password issues

I've been getting weird errors with my password on these forums recently. It's not letting me log on from just any page using my password. I have to load the main nyyfansforum.com page and then enter my password there, but it doesn't work anywhere else - like if I try to log on from a subforum or from the page that says password was incorrect and to try again.

Also, whenever I try changing my password, it says the password change was successful, but when I try to actually use my new password, it's telling me that it's incorrect. Even when I do the trick above to log on from the main nyyfansforum.com page - it won't let me with the new password. I've been having to keep resetting my password just to log back in, then it repeats the whole issue with logging in from just the main page.

Re: Password issues

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post
    I've been getting weird errors with my password on these forums recently. It's not letting me log on from just any page using my password. I have to load the main nyyfansforum.com page and then enter my password there, but it doesn't work anywhere else - like if I try to log on from a subforum or from the page that says password was incorrect and to try again.

Also, whenever I try changing my password, it says the password change was successful, but when I try to actually use my new password, it's telling me that it's incorrect. Even when I do the trick above to log on from the main nyyfansforum.com page - it won't let me with the new password. I've been having to keep resetting my password just to log back in, then it repeats the whole issue with logging in from just the main page.

What browser? What extensions? Sometimes settings of the Noscript extension causes some wonky issues.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Skowron View Post
    What browser? What extensions? Sometimes settings of the Noscript extension causes some wonky issues.
    Also, make sure you are using the following address to log in...

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/
    There's a fat old lady outside the saloon, laying out the credit cards she plays Fortune.
    The deck is uneven right from the start, and all of their hands are playing apart

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Skowron View Post

Thanks, that's helped me at least narrowed down the cause. I'm getting errors on Chrome and MS edge, but newly installed Firefox seems to have no issues at all. I don't have that extension enabled so I'll have to go through them one by one to see if any are causing it.

Thread Information