+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 292 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 7285
  1. #7051
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I expect him to become a political gadfly on CNN and MSNBC
    Iíd be cool with that. I like hearing his viewpoints and he expresses himself well.
    2017 - Better than expected!

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  2. #7052
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    The very fact that you're using manslaughter as your analogy for what he did shows how absurd this is.

    In this case, the Democrats had the perfect opportunity to educate the public and refine their definition of what we're talking about. They should have said, "This is not what we're talking about. We're talking about grabbing pussy and stalking teenagers as well as rape, assault, and work place intimidation." Now Franken, a good guy and asset to the women's movement is gone from the Senate while the pussy grabber and stalker of teenagers are both still in place.
    Regarding the first point, it doesn't have to be manslaughter. Maybe one guy's a serial killer and the other guy is a serial face slapper. He just goes around slapping people's faces. That's still not acceptable behavior.

    As for the second paragraph, I suppose they could have done that, but I think this IS what many of us are talking about. It might just not be what you're talking about. Like with racism, it's easy to identify the proud KKK member as a racist, and sure, we could talk just about that and everything would be easier, but a lot of issues come from the more subtle stuff. If you want to stop the conversation at rape or stalking teenagers, that's fine, and we're in full agreement that those things are horrific, but I think the kind of stuff Franken was doing is far more common, and, as your comments demonstrate, far more accepted by even decent or good people in society.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  3. #7053

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Well this is kind of odd. Leeann Tweeden 9of Al Franken fame) is good friends with Donnie Jr.

    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    @DonaldJTrumpJr Congrats Don!!! And wow, baby #5?! You won't even remember what sleep is! All the best to you & the family!
    4:02 AM - Jan 22, 2014


    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    Beautiful day on a beautiful course! @TrumpGolfLA @hbgolfclassic @DonaldJTrumpJr @realDonaldTrump
    http://
    say.ly/GrJ3mGY


    Donald Trump Jr.

    @DonaldJTrumpJr
    Replying to @LeeannTweeden
    @LeeannTweeden imagine how much fun u'll have in 5 yrs pointing out their past belieber obsession to them. long term win! He who laughs last


    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    @DonaldJTrumpJr TRUTH! It's just so funny to me. These young girls are so blindly infatuated. Funny & sad at the same time.
    7:34 PM - Jan 16, 2014


    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    Getting ready to play @trumpgolfla & wondering where @DonaldJTrumpJr & @johnrich are!! @hbgolfclassic
    12:43 PM - May 21, 2012

    Donald Trump Jr.

    @DonaldJTrumpJr
    Takin the round out of the pipe on my 45 in case I'm a bit itchy on the trigger tonight when the fat man comes down the chimney! HoHoBang


    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    @DonaldJTrumpJr Ha! I don't think he'll like my new Mossberg 590 pump shotgun either! #mynewChristmasgift #WatchoutSantaletmeknowitsyou
    9:19 PM - Dec 24, 2011
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There must be about 500 tweets between them.
    Probably just a coincidence.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  4. #7054

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Well this is kind of odd. Leeann Tweeden 9of Al Franken fame) is good friends with Donnie Jr.

    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    @DonaldJTrumpJr Congrats Don!!! And wow, baby #5?! You won't even remember what sleep is! All the best to you & the family!
    4:02 AM - Jan 22, 2014


    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    Beautiful day on a beautiful course! @TrumpGolfLA @hbgolfclassic @DonaldJTrumpJr @realDonaldTrump
    http://
    say.ly/GrJ3mGY


    Donald Trump Jr.

    @DonaldJTrumpJr
    Replying to @LeeannTweeden
    @LeeannTweeden imagine how much fun u'll have in 5 yrs pointing out their past belieber obsession to them. long term win! He who laughs last


    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    @DonaldJTrumpJr TRUTH! It's just so funny to me. These young girls are so blindly infatuated. Funny & sad at the same time.
    7:34 PM - Jan 16, 2014


    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    Getting ready to play @trumpgolfla & wondering where @DonaldJTrumpJr & @johnrich are!! @hbgolfclassic
    12:43 PM - May 21, 2012

    Donald Trump Jr.

    @DonaldJTrumpJr
    Takin the round out of the pipe on my 45 in case I'm a bit itchy on the trigger tonight when the fat man comes down the chimney! HoHoBang


    Leeann Tweeden

    @LeeannTweeden

    @DonaldJTrumpJr Ha! I don't think he'll like my new Mossberg 590 pump shotgun either! #mynewChristmasgift #WatchoutSantaletmeknowitsyou
    9:19 PM - Dec 24, 2011
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There must be about 500 tweets between them.
    Probably just a coincidence.
    What are you saying?

    He admitting doing what she said and there is a picture.

  5. #7055

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Regarding the first point, it doesn't have to be manslaughter. Maybe one guy's a serial killer and the other guy is a serial face slapper. He just goes around slapping people's faces. That's still not acceptable behavior.

    As for the second paragraph, I suppose they could have done that, but I think this IS what many of us are talking about. It might just not be what you're talking about. Like with racism, it's easy to identify the proud KKK member as a racist, and sure, we could talk just about that and everything would be easier, but a lot of issues come from the more subtle stuff. If you want to stop the conversation at rape or stalking teenagers, that's fine, and we're in full agreement that those things are horrific, but I think the kind of stuff Franken was doing is far more common, and, as your comments demonstrate, far more accepted by even decent or good people in society.
    Good post. This is so much bigger than any one senator or celebrity.

  6. #7056
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    What are you saying?

    He admitting doing what she said and there is a picture.
    11/16/2017: Sean Hannity Radio Show:

    Hannity to Tweeden:I remember you showing me that photo years ago.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  7. #7057
    Mueller got Flynn to sign a plea deal with a path around a Trump pardon:

    "Bob Mueller didn't just get Mike Flynn to flip, he got him to pledge potential cooperation with local prosecutors who Donald Trump can't touch"

    @AriMelber on Mueller buried tool that could protect Russia probe from Trump pardons

    Shrewd!
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  8. #7058

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    11/16/2017: Sean Hannity Radio Show:

    Hannity to Tweeden:I remember you showing me that photo years ago.
    Right. There's a picture. I said that.

    And...?

  9. #7059

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Clinton should be out of office where he is. And in hindsight should have resigned
    Yeah, that deflection is beyond old.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    His announcement is a must listen. He said the irony is not lost on him that he is being asked to leave by members of his own party, while we have someone accused of sexual relations with a minor running for Senate and a President who admitted to sexual assault on tape not being called out by their party.
    At least one side has standards. "Not as bad as Donald Trump and Roy Moore" is a pretty low bar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I think it translates word-for-word. If an unwanted kiss or shoulder-rub is sexual harassment, then it's beyond the line of acceptable behavior. Full stop.

    How is it reasonable to vilify a man for this behavior, but then find the same behavior acceptable if it's from a woman directed toward a man? "You can't compare them. It doesn't translate." Male/female....doesn't matter. The behavior is either acceptable, or it's not. No 'translation' required.
    You repeatedly display a lack of understanding about privilege, power, and systemic oppression, in regards to both race and gender. Nobody is saying it's ok for men to be harassed like that. Nobody. That doesn't mean it's as big of a problem or has the same effects.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    He has serially violated or attempted to violate womenís bodies either with his mouth or hands. Heís done so in scenarios in which he knows the victims probably either wonít react because itís a photo op or canít because theyíre unconscious. I do not agree that his behavior is benign enough to warrant being let off the hook.
    Thank you. I was feeling disheartened and angry because of all the men acting as if it were NBD because "Moore is worse."

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    This will make Jen happy.

    Rep. Trent Franks, a conservative Republican, is expected to resign amid news of sexually inappropriate behavior, according to a recent report.
    Franks is a congressman from Arizona's 8th district. He first assumed office in 2003.

    Also, Harold Ford Jr. got the boot from his Wall St. position at Morgan Stanley.
    Ford was a Democratic congressman.
    Trent Franks is garbage and I'm glad he's resigning, but I'm not glad it's because he had inappropriate conversations with staffers. I wish that hadn't happened at all.

  10. #7060

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Trent Franks is garbage and I'm glad he's resigning, but I'm not glad it's because he had inappropriate conversations with staffers. I wish that hadn't happened at all.
    There has to be more to that story than this, right?

    In his statement, Franks acknowledged he made staffers "uncomfortable" and that he discussed fertility issues and surrogacy with two female staffers, but denied having ever "physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff."
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/politi...gns/index.html

  11. #7061
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I think this is a well put summary. It's why I asked earlier if Franken had done it beforehand or during his tenure in office.

    If it's all the behavior described above, and it happened beforehand, I don't know why that makes him unfit for office.

    But, the ultra-sensitive PC movement
    was created mostly by those on the left, so this is what happens.
    I think ultra-sensitive PCness can occasionally be a bad thing and is something that exists, but is defined far more broadly by most than it actually is. If calling for the resignation of a man who made at least eight women feel so uncomfortable that they felt the need to come forward and share their stories is ultra-sensitive PCness, then I'm not sure exactly what doesn't fall under that umbrella.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  12. #7062

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    There has to be more to that story than this, right?



    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/politi...gns/index.html
    I would think so. Honestly convos about surrogacy don't warrant resignation, IMO. I doubt that's the whole story.

  13. #7063
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    What are you saying?

    He admitting doing what she said and there is a picture.
    The story going round is it was a set by Tweeden now to take down Franken.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #7064
    Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Enjoy your sh..tshow, Democrats. Iíll be switching back to Independent tomorrow.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

  15. #7065

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Right. There's a picture. I said that.

    And...?
    Why didn't she go viral when she was on Hannity's show several times?
    Why did her radio station hold on to her picture and story? Releasing it without her knowledge?
    Why now did Hannity become hysterical now instead of when she showed him the picture years ago?
    Why were there pictures of USO reunions with Tweeden and Franken hugging, laughing, and engaged in conversation?
    Why did Rodger Stone's cryptic tweet appear the night before Tweeden's croc tears?
    Why are there pictures of Tweeden grabbing the asses of the guitar players on the USO tour?
    Why has Tweeden been a guest and on panels of Hannity's show at least a dozen times?

    I replied in YOUR question form which we all know you lovingly adapted.

    One last question for you. Why did Tweeden get coerced at this particular time? Do you think since Franken make an absolute fool out of Sessions in the Judiciary Hearings? Do you think it may have led to perjury charges against Sessions? Did the four (4) times that Sessions perjured himself have any ties to Hannity and Stone going after Franken?
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  16. #7066

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Why didn't she go viral when she was on Hannity's show several times?
    Why did her radio station hold on to her picture and story? Releasing it without her knowledge?
    Why now did Hannity become hysterical now instead of when she showed him the picture years ago?
    Why were there pictures of USO reunions with Tweeden and Franken hugging, laughing, and engaged in conversation?
    Why did Rodger Stone's cryptic tweet appear the night before Tweeden's croc tears?
    Why are there pictures of Tweeden grabbing the asses of the guitar players on the USO tour?
    Why has Tweeden been a guest and on panels of Hannity's show at least a dozen times?

    I replied in YOUR question form which we all know you lovingly adapted.

    One last question for you. Why did Tweeden get coerced at this particular time? Do you think since Franken make an absolute fool out of Sessions in the Judiciary Hearings? Do you think it may have led to perjury charges against Sessions? Did the four (4) times that Sessions perjured himself have any ties to Hannity and Stone going after Franken?
    So you're saying that she wasn't really upset by what happened? That's she's falsely accusing Franken?

  17. #7067

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    So you're saying that she wasn't really upset by what happened? That's she's falsely accusing Franken?
    Do you think Tweeden was upset umpteen years ago when this happened?
    Do you think she was coerced to be upset now with maybe a little backroom deal to get help for her dwindling talk show career?
    I don't think she's falsely accused Franken........do you?
    I think the timing of her going viral is suspect......don't you?
    Do you think 45* went to his lapdogs Hannity and Stone and told them to run with it after Franken made a complete ass out of Sessions?
    Do you think Tweeden being buddies with Trumpspawn Jr. made her easy prey?
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  18. #7068
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Regarding the first point, it doesn't have to be manslaughter. Maybe one guy's a serial killer and the other guy is a serial face slapper. He just goes around slapping people's faces. That's still not acceptable behavior.

    As for the second paragraph, I suppose they could have done that, but I think this IS what many of us are talking about. It might just not be what you're talking about. Like with racism, it's easy to identify the proud KKK member as a racist, and sure, we could talk just about that and everything would be easier, but a lot of issues come from the more subtle stuff. If you want to stop the conversation at rape or stalking teenagers, that's fine, and we're in full agreement that those things are horrific, but I think the kind of stuff Franken was doing is far more common, and, as your comments demonstrate, far more accepted by even decent or good people in society.
    Well said, Kevin.

  19. #7069

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Do you think Tweeden was upset umpteen years ago when this happened?
    Do you think she was coerced to be upset now with maybe a little backroom deal to get help for her dwindling talk show career?
    I don't think she's falsely accused Franken........do you?
    I think the timing of her going viral is suspect......don't you?
    Do you think 45* went to his lapdogs Hannity and Stone and told them to run with it after Franken made a complete ass out of Sessions?
    This is stupid.

    Why don't you just tell me what you're thinking instead of having me repeatedly guess?

    If you don't believe she is falsely accusing Franken, is the timing really that important?

  20. #7070

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Why do you think it's stupid?
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  21. #7071
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Franken can still run next year and let the voters decide.
    Is this true? Serious question. Is there an open primary process for the DFL nomination in the special election or does DFL leadership make the call? If they do, Franken would probably have to run on the Jesse Ventura Party ticket or some such, which I wouldn't really call "letting the voters decide" even though it worked for Jesse that one time.

  22. #7072
    Rawger in Jawge's Bawx ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Nice. So now we have a member questioning the motive(s) of a women or women. Did this member foolishly question the same motives of any of Trump's accusers, some of whom were labelled suspect, particularly because of the timing and their support for Hillary as well? Would this member question the motives of his mother, daughter or sister if any of this happened to them; if there was a picture of Franken groping (or pretending to grope) them while asleep and they were too afraid (for any number of valid reasons) to speak out?

    What were the motives of the other 8 of Franken's accusers? Or, does it not matter what happened to them simply because he's Al Franken with a D next to his name? And does the poster also secretly (and disturbingly) question the motives of Moore's accusers, based on the length of time before going public with his disgusting transgressions 40 years ago, as well as the timing of their accusations?



  23. #7073

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Why do you think it's stupid?
    Read the line after that.

  24. #7074

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Read the line after that.
    So why do you think it's stupid? Was now the right time? Why not when it happened?
    Do you think this will aid Tweeden's ratings on her radio show?
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

  25. #7075

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Good talk.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 10 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 7 guests)

  1. Yankee Tripper

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts