+ Reply to Thread
Page 1163 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 163 663 1063 1113 1153 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1173 ... LastLast
Results 29,051 to 29,075 of 29648

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Except at this point, both are alleged. Cuomo has vehemently denied any wrong doing. He has not admitted anything. Same for DeSantis. I have no reason to believe either of them and both need independent investigations.
    Cuomo hasn't admitted to any wrongdoing, but DeRosa did on his behalf, no?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/us/ne...ies/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Cuomo hasn't admitted to any wrongdoing, but DeRosa did on his behalf, no?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/us/ne...ies/index.html
    Having read the entire transcript, I don't find her statements as damning as the media presents especially when combined with Zucker's but that is neither here nor there. This is a message board not a courtroom. Of course I think Cuomo is guilty and those numbers are the least of his crimes. My point was more that you are willing to give Desantis the benefit of doubt when I find the evidence against him equally damning even if it is more circumstantial. I think the big difference is that NY has an AG who is willing to do her job whereas FL has MAGA Moody who is more interested in pursuing The Big Lie in other states than in pursuing what has happened with covid death reporting in her own.

NYYF Legend

Not sure who is worse, Trump or DeSantis. Maybe DeSantis as he actually has a clue

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Not sure who is worse, Trump or DeSantis. Maybe DeSantis as he actually has a clue
    Trump thinks that DeSantis is a future POTUS. Let that sink in. To me DeSantis is a dumber version of Cuomo.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status...35943816491010
    Former @SenatorLoeffler is weighing a 2022 rematch against @ReverendWarnock. But: "I donít know if any Republican can win if we donít shore up what weíre doing around voter registration, engagement and election integrity."
    Translation - "I don't know how any Republican can win if we allow Georgians to vote.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

The GQP - continually out-onioning the Onion.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    https://twitter.com/bluestein/status...35943816491010

Translation - "I don't know how any Republican can win if we allow Georgians to vote.
    Republicans hate at-will mail-in voting. Some republicans are honest about why they hate it, but most others try to frame it as election integrity. But what at-will does is help solve a problem democrats have historically had with election turnout. So republicans cry "we need to limit mail-in voting to protect voter integrity" but what they really mean is we can't let it be easier for democrats to vote because it will make winning an election more difficult for our party. The party of voter suppression.
    If you gotta a problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta a problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Trump thinks that DeSantis is a future POTUS. Let that sink in. To me DeSantis is a dumber version of Cuomo.
    Trump also called Marjorie Taylor Greene the next republican superstar, so there's that too.
    If you gotta a problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta a problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Trump also called Marjorie Taylor Greene the next republican superstar, so there's that too.
    I fell in love with her before the second show.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Too bad Louis Gohmert had an understudy the day Trump went to the show

A Carpenters reference? That's pretty gutsy. I suspect this will be way over the heads of many members of our community.

I was impressed, though. Of course, I'm old.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    A Carpenters reference? That's pretty gutsy. I suspect this will be way over the heads of many members of our community.

You probably even know who Dr. Vinny Boombatz was

You probably even know who Dr. Vinny Boombatz was
    Of course.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

To me, itís a Rita Coolidge reference. She sang it on Mad Dogs and Englishmen, an album I loved. In fact,I think Iíll go listen to it now.

Your guitar
    It sounds so sweet and clear
    But you're not really here
    It's just the radioooooo
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

I knew it as a Carpenters reference, too.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I knew it as a Carpenters reference, too.
    You donít even know what Mad Dogs and Englishmen is. Was.

You donít even know what Mad Dogs and Englishmen is. Was.

Iím not that old. No one else is.

NYYF Legend

"leader"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...H8y?li=BBnbfcL

Queens Republican district leader arrested for taking part in Capitol siege: feds
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Donald Trump reported making more than $1.6 billion in outside revenue and income during his four years as President of the United States, according to a review of his financial disclosures by CREW. While Trump publicly took credit for donating his taxpayer-funded salary, that ended up being less than 0.1% of the revenue and income he disclosed during his presidency. Far from being a sacrifice, the donation was merely a fig leaf to cover up four years of brazen corruption.
    https://www.citizensforethics.org/re...ile-president/

NYYF Legend

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger...lf-tournament/

TIGER WOODS
    INJURED IN SINGLE CAR CRASH IN L.A.,
    Extracted With Jaws Of Life
    2/23/2021 11:29 AM PT
    BREAKING NEWS
    Getty
    Tiger Woods was hospitalized following a bad single-car accident in L.A. County on Tuesday morning -- with officials requiring the jaws of life to free him from the vehicle.

"On February 23, 2021, at approximately 7:12 AM, LASD responded to a single vehicle roll-over traffic collision on the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Ranchos Palos Verdes," officials say.

"The vehicle was traveling northbound on Hawthorne Boulevard, at Blackhorse Road, when it crashed. The vehicle sustained major damage."

"The driver and sole occupant was identified as PGA golfer, Eldrick 'Tiger' Woods," officials confirmed.

"Mr. Woods was extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life' by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries."

Unclear what caused the accident. Cops are investigating.
    Yikes!

It looks to me as though he was driving the wrong way at high speed on a divided boulevard; I can't figure any other explanation for what I see on the TV, but no report has mentioned it. Thinking I'm missing something.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

Yikes!

It looks to me as though he was driving the wrong way at high speed on a divided boulevard; I can't figure any other explanation for what I see on the TV, but no report has mentioned it. Thinking I'm missing something.
    He should really invest in a driver at this point.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

Yikes!

I do hope he is ok but I have never received so many news alerts about one incident on my phone before. I was like "Ok - I get it. Tiger Woods had a really bad car accident. I'm aware!".
    2020 - We have baseball! For now.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    He should really invest in a driver at this point.
    He just uses a 5 iron.
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

Thread Information