+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 196 197 198 199
Results 4,951 to 4,961 of 4961
    NYYF Legend

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Maybe it has less to do with Hillary and more to do with be implication that you are a hypocritical d-bag any time her name comes up from certain posters.
    And it basically distracts/ends the conversation being discussed. I view it no different than trolling
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    And it basically distracts/ends the conversation being discussed. I view it no different than trolling
    That's due to the defensive reaction people have whenever she is criticized.

That's on them.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That's due to the defensive reaction people have whenever she is criticized.

That's on them.
    It's not usually Hillary that's being criticized.

It's well Hillary did X so you shouldn't have any problem with so-and-so doing Y and if you do you're a d-bag hypocrite.

It's a passive aggressive attack against Hillary voters.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

It's well Hillary did X so you shouldn't have any problem with so-and-so doing Y and if you do you're a d-bag hypocrite.

You would have to have defended that same behavior in her in order to feel like you're being called a hypocrite in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I might well agree with "not worth making any fuss over." It's "Censorship!" I have a problem with.
    That was about the idea of normalization, not Spicer.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    So but Hillary. Same old throwback. The Emmy's invited him so not sure what the issue is. And Hillary wrote a book. What should book stores do? Refuse to sell it because she did questionable deeds? Comparing Hillary to the Spicer situation is like comparing Babe Ruth to a pumpkin pie
    I don't think he's talking narrowly about book stores. And he's not comparing Hillary and Spicer outright. He's comparing us - the voters - who ignore or at least downplay misdeeds based upon political affiliation. Or at least that's how I took it, and also how I see it regardless of R or D. It's a problem we perpetuate. No one needs to be accountable because "well, your party did something bad too!"

Except he has expressed the same concerns relative to Trump voters, and withheld his vote from Trump in spite of his obvious disgust with Clinton. No one here is defending Trump, so it may feel like an attack against Clinton voters but my guess is he's not biased when it comes to R/D in the subjects of ethics and hypocrisy. I admire that.

If he starts praising Trump in spite of his misdeeds, I'd consider that hypocritical. Since he's been pretty clear about both, I don't think we'll see that happen.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with the insanity that was going on at Evergreen State College, but it seems to have reached a conclusion:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ll-pay-500000/

The Evergreen State College professor at the center of campus protests this spring will receive $500,000 in a settlement that was announced Friday.

Bret Weinstein and his wife, Heather Heying, resigned from their faculty positions effective Friday.
    Good for them.

NYYF Legend

For the record I have zero problem with Spicer being asked, or accepting the role he had.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Don't know if anyone is familiar with the insanity that was going on at Evergreen State College, but it seems to have reached a conclusion:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ll-pay-500000/

Good for them.
    That whole thing got so weird. With the weirdest being the old guy from NJ that called in death threats that shut down the campus.

Short answer: No, I don't. I can pick and choose. Not all unethical is the same unethical. Also, if I object to someone whose ethics I think are execrable, that doesn't mean I have to object to everyone whose ethics you think are the same. If that's two-faced, it's because your face and my face are, indeed, two faces.

On top of that, I think you've misstated, or at least grossly oversimplified, the objections to Spicer's appearance, but I won't even bother with that. Also, I didn't stand on line to buy Hillary's book and have no intention of reading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Gobblety goop. Ethical lapses come in all different shapes and sizes. Treating them the same would be ridiculous.
    Really? An unpaid parking ticket = Bernie Madoff?
    Agreed with all of this. The concept that there aren't degrees of unethical or honor is baffling to me.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Thread Information