+ Reply to Thread
Page 939 of 1014 FirstFirst ... 439 839 889 929 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 949 989 ... LastLast
Results 23,451 to 23,475 of 25344

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

In case anyone is interested, my wife and myself have issued a press release stating we will be running our finances independently and will reduce our role from the Royal family. It's a real hardship. #muggxit
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Are the girls still living at home? Otherwise, they might not be able to field all three positions. [I'm guessing there's a prohibition against being simultaneously a Senator and a MC.] I guess Bo could sit in Congress. He'd be no more or less effective than many of the current members.
    Well, the girls aren't 25 yet, so they can't even serve in the House. But as long as someone's an inhabitant of the state at the time of election, they're good. So some 25-year-old can come visit the night before Election Day and stay until the day after. Problem solved.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow
    Person, woman, man, camera, TV

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    In case anyone is interested, my wife and myself have issued a press release stating we will be running our finances independently and will reduce our role from the Royal family. It's a real hardship. #muggxit
    This is already being shown as breaking news on MSN. More Details to Come... though.
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Well, the girls aren't 25 yet, so they can't even serve in the House. But as long as someone's an inhabitant of the state at the time of election, they're good. So some 25-year-old can come visit the night before Election Day and stay until the day after. Problem solved.
    I'll move in with them and be president. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I'll move in with them and be president. No worries.
    You'd have to convince people you're natural-born.

NYYF Legend

Maybe she qualifies for the 'Citizen at time of the Adoption of the Constitution' loophole. Doesn't most of Arizona?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Are the girls still living at home? Otherwise, they might not be able to field all three positions. [I'm guessing there's a prohibition against being simultaneously a Senator and a MC.] I guess Bo could sit in Congress. He'd be no more or less effective than many of the current members.
    See Maynerd? Proving my point again that you have such a disdain for strong, intelligent, influential female holding top notch congressional positions. Why Bo instead of Sunny? She proved she could do a fine job watering down the federal spending and improve the FDA for stricter food inspections. She could re-open every state and national parks with of full complements of career workers which can be life-long positions with all the pay and benefits and pensions, FERS, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Maybe she qualifies for the 'Citizen at time of the Adoption of the Constitution' loophole. Doesn't most of Arizona?
    I wasn’t talking about the "citizen" part of the phrase, just her being (or not being) "natural-born."

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

https://www.courthousenews.com/indic...eeking-cover/y

Obtained by
    @CourthouseNews
    , a never-before-published photo shows House Minority Leader McCarthy standing between two old donors - Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman - contradicting what he told me last week on Capitol Hill.

Amazing how all these elected Republicans have lied about meeting these particular two guys...

And like that Kievin McCarthy is trending.

I even have the birth certificate to prove it.

I even have the birth certificate to prove it.
    And don't forget all the records the Mormons kept of you.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    And don't forget all the records the Mormons kept of you.
    For real, though, they have amazing genealogical records. My mom does genealogy stuff and has used their databases. She also has a few Mormon cousins who are great at that stuff.

For real, though, they have amazing genealogical records. My mom does genealogy stuff and has used their databases. She also has a few Mormon cousins who are great at that stuff.
    It can't be easy keeping track of all those wives.

Virginia becomes 38th state to pass ERA

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a4_story.html

RICHMOND — Both chambers of Virginia’s General Assembly passed the Equal Rights Amendment Wednesday, fulfilling a promise that helped Democrats seize control of the legislature and marking a watershed moment in the nearly century-long effort to add protections for women to the U.S. Constitution.

The lopsided votes capped an emotional week in which Democrats — particularly female lawmakers, who now hold unprecedented positions of power in Richmond — celebrated history in the making.

The House gallery was packed beyond its 102-seat capacity, with Virginia first lady Pam Northam and her daughter, Aubrey Northam, making a rare appearance to bear witness. ERA supporters attended from around the country, many wearing sashes from long-ago marches for women’s equality.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...nell-is-having

Susan Collins Takes Hours to Decide on Lunch Before Ordering Exactly What Mitch McConnell Is Having

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—On the first day of the impeachment trial in the United States Senate, Senator Susan Collins, a Republican of Maine, spent hours trying to decide what she would have for lunch before ultimately ordering exactly what Senator Mitch McConnell was having.

Clutching the Senate takeout menu in her hands, Collins told reporters mid-morning that the decision of what to have for lunch was a matter of serious consideration and that she wanted to review all of the available options before selecting one.

“I’m deeply troubled and concerned about getting this order right,” Collins said. “There are many valid choices on this menu and I don’t want to give any of them short shrift.”

Around 11 a.m., rumors swirled that Collins was leaning toward ordering a quinoa salad, a choice that would have set her apart from the rest of her Republican colleagues in the upper chamber.

By noon, however, Collins emerged from her office to tell reporters that she had ordered the exact same thing that the Senate Majority Leader had chosen, a roast beef sandwich on a roll.

“At the end of the day, there was just not enough evidence that ordering anything else would have been better,” she said.

According to sources, Collins spent the lunch hour eating her sandwich alone at her desk and trying to determine why everyone hates her.

NYYF MVP

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...nell-is-having

Susan Collins Takes Hours to Decide on Lunch Before Ordering Exactly What Mitch McConnell Is Having

That's awesome. I don't know if the Democrats can take back the Senate, but I really want to see her out. She was able to skate by with the moderate label for a long time before really getting scrutiny, and the more of a focus there is on her the worse she looks.

once more unto the breach Texsahara's Avatar

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/1/ronald...sis-conspiracy

A batch of quietly released documents confirms what many have long suspected: Ronald Reagan’s 1980 presidential campaign worked behind the scenes to delay the release of US hostages in Iran, for the benefit of Reagan’s election campaign. It raises the question: When was the last time a Republican won a presidential election without the help of dirty tricks?
    Traitor.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    It makes me cringe when the right props this “man” as some great president and human. He was neither. Heck he wasn’t even a conservative

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    It makes me cringe when the right props this “man” as some great president and human. He was neither. Heck he wasn’t even a conservative
    Just about everything wrong with our country and the Republican party can be traced back to him. He's one of the 5 worst Presidents ever and the only reason he falls lower down the list is because every Republican after him has been worse thanks to him.

What a stand up guy Mnuchin appears to be. Way to bully and demean the 16 year old just like your monster boss.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-d...source=twitter

Asked about Thunberg’s previous calls to divest from fossil fuels, Mnuchin told a news briefing in Davos: “Is she the chief economist? I’m confused ... After she goes and studies economics in college, she can come back and explain that to us.”
    How about he goes and gets a degree in climatology before talking about climate change?

This entire administration is full of despicable creeps.

once more unto the breach Texsahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    What a stand up guy Mnuchin appears to be. Way to bully and demean the 16 year old just like your monster boss.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-d...source=twitter

How about he goes and gets a degree in climatology before talking about climate change?

This entire administration is full of despicable creeps.
    And as usual, she puts him in his place.

Greta Thunberg@GretaThunberg
    My gap year ends in August, but it doesn’t take a college degree in economics to realise that our remaining 1,5° carbon budget and ongoing fossil fuel subsidies and investments don’t add up. 1/3
    thread - https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/st...55420600008704

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    And as usual, she puts him in his place.

thread - https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/st...55420600008704

NYYF Legend

https://twitter.com/arishapiro/statu...333276673?s=21

The coda to @NPRKelly's interview with @SecPompeo is shocking. As described on @npratc: He screamed, swore at her, and said she couldn't find Ukraine on a map. He ordered staffers to bring a blank map. She pointed to Ukraine, thanked him for his time and left

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    https://twitter.com/arishapiro/statu...333276673?s=21

The coda to @NPRKelly's interview with @SecPompeo is shocking. As described on @npratc: He screamed, swore at her, and said she couldn't find Ukraine on a map. He ordered staffers to bring a blank map. She pointed to Ukraine, thanked him for his time and left
    Has there ever been a bigger bunch of crybaby grown men? Has ever been a team with so much unearned arrogance?

Amazing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Has there ever been a bigger bunch of crybaby grown men? Has ever been a team with so much unearned arrogance?

Amazing.
    I loved how she pointed to Ukraine, thanked him for his time (aka telling him to go F himself) and walked out

Thread Information