+ Reply to Thread
Page 507 of 515 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 497 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,675 of 12862
    Reject Fascism

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

And white America wonders why the NFL players kneel
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    How? This makes no sense.

She lives in #1378, and accidently (according to her) showed up at #1478. When she pushed her key card in, the slightly-ajar door opened. She saw a guy across a dark room, drew her weapon, may or may not have issued a warning, and shot and killed Jean.

How does the presence of marijuana corroborate ANY version of events? How does the presence of marijuana justify the shooting? Guyger said nothing about marijuana, and was not conducting any sort of investigation. She was lost...tired...stupid...something. Marijuana changes nothing regarding her story, and sheds no evidentiary light on Jean.
    I suspect the defense attorneys representing her will present a slightly different version of events and/or theories based on the presence of MJ in the victims houses. Not to mention how his character may be attacked because of the presence.

At the very least that this was leaked to the press and not the timing and/or results of the officers toxicology screen seems pretty telling about the investigation so far.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    How in the world would the victim having Marijuana excuse any part of that Officers actions? That makes no sense. Again, in order to process that crime scene, and do that thorough investigation, a search warrant was a necessary step to conduct. And exactly what does Baltimore and the planting of evidence have to do anything? Oh that’s right, Police are obviously monolithic, so the planting of evidence must be going on in Dallas.
    Tainting the jury pool. You don't think you can get one juror in Texas to vote not guilty because the black immigrant had marijuana in his apartment? Then the prosecution says, "We had a hung jury, we tried. Oh well."

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post

The narrative is playing out in real time and itís happening in Dallas, Texas.

You do understand that NFL players kneeling donít do it just to piss off Donald Trump, right?
    Oh really? I had no idea.
    Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I suspect the defense attorneys representing her will present a slightly different version of events and/or theories based on the presence of MJ in the victims houses. Not to mention how his character may be attacked because of the presence.
    So, she has stated outright that she went to the wrong floor of her apartment building, the door opened, and she shot the resident, who she thought to be an intruder in her own apartment. And, it's your conjecture that finding marijuana in that apartment will result in an attorney saying she wasn't on the wrong floor, was conducting a police investigation, and the marijuana justifies the shooting? And you're calling that a SLIGHTLY different story? Suborn perjury much?

That's like saying To Kill a Mockingbird and Slaughterhouse Five are slightly different stories.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

So, she has stated outright that she went to the wrong floor of her apartment building, the door opened, and she shot the resident, who she thought to be an intruder in her own apartment. And, it's your conjecture that finding marijuana in that apartment will result in an attorney saying she wasn't on the wrong floor, was conducting a police investigation, and the marijuana justifies the shooting? And you're calling that a SLIGHTLY different story? Suborn perjury much?

That's like saying To Kill a Mockingbird and Slaughterhouse Five are slightly different stories.
    If I'm the prosecutor I'm pushing for the MJ to be suppressed as unrelated to the case. If you don't think there are jurors who will view the victim differently I really don't know what to say to you.
    Baseball is life;

How? This makes no sense.

She lives in #1378, and accidently (according to her) showed up at #1478. When she pushed her key card in, the slightly-ajar door opened. She saw a guy across a dark room, drew her weapon, may or may not have issued a warning, and shot and killed Jean.

How does the presence of marijuana corroborate ANY version of events? How does the presence of marijuana justify the shooting? Guyger said nothing about marijuana, and was not conducting any sort of investigation. She was lost...tired...stupid...something. Marijuana changes nothing regarding her story, and sheds no evidentiary light on Jean.
    Maybe that's what happened. Or maybe not. There seems to be more than one version of events. We don't know yet.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...218333735.html
    Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Tainting the jury pool. You don't think you can get one juror in Texas to vote not guilty because the black immigrant had marijuana in his apartment? Then the prosecution says, "We had a hung jury, we tried. Oh well."
    Please, itís fantasy at best. There is not one single thing that could be presented there to justify her actions. She took someoneís life without any justification and all that remains is the consequence of her actions. As I stated earlier, I am not sure that a murder conviction will result, which has nothing to do with the victims race, but rather, due more to what the Officers mindset/intent was. And as far as tainting a jury pool, if anything has been tainted, it is the publicís perception of the Police more than anything. If this were 30+ years ago, I could see where you may be right. But having had to personally deal with juries almost on a weekly basis for 27 years, I have seen that mindset do an almost complete reversal.

NYYF Legend

If I'm the prosecutor I'm pushing for the MJ to be suppressed as unrelated to the case. If you don't think there are jurors who will view the victim differently I really don't know what to say to you.
    How can it be suppressed when nobody will be charged with it? And exactly how could a defense attorney use that Marijuana against the victim when he did nothing wrong? It makes no sense

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Stranger Things 3?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...co-observatory

An Observatory In New Mexico Mysteriously Closed, The FBI Isn't Talking, And People Are Freaking Out
    Employees were evacuated, officials say the FBI was involved, no one will tell anyone anything, and people are like, ďALIENS??!!!Ē

NYYF Legend

How can it be suppressed when nobody will be charged with it? And exactly how could a defense attorney use that Marijuana against the victim when he did nothing wrong? It makes no sense
    Maybe that's why I'm not an attorney. I guess I'll just have to wait how this plays out in criminal justice system but I can't say I'm overly impressed with how this cop shots home owner event has played out so far.
    Baseball is life;

Last night Senator Feinstein passes on a letter to the FBI from a woman accusing Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

Today miraculously the Senate Judiciary committee just happens to have a letter signed by 65 women who were in high school at the same time as him who said "he's pretty great".

https://twitter.com/senjudiciary/sta...15293620572161

So either their staff managed to track down 65 women who were in high school 35 years ago and convinced them to sign this letter all in 24 hours or much much more likely the Republicans knew about this allegation, sat on it, and got their ducks in a row to help Kavanaugh weather it, in the event that they couldn't jam him through with the allegation concealed.

The whole party is rotten to the core and needs to be put down.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Last night Senator Feinstein passes on a letter to the FBI from a woman accusing Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

Today miraculously the Senate Judiciary committee just happens to have a letter signed by 65 women who were in high school at the same time as him who said "he's pretty great".

So either their staff managed to track down 65 women who were in high school 35 years ago and convinced them to sign this letter all in 24 hours or much much more likely the Republicans knew about this allegation, sat on it, and got their ducks in a row to help Kavanaugh weather it, in the event that they couldn't jam him through with the allegation concealed.

The Republican party is rotten to the core, but the Democrats ploy last night by Feinstein and company was a dirty trick too.

Devoted Member

You conveniently failed to mention the fact that Feinstein has been sitting on that letter since August. So instead you rip the Republicans for responding to that? What gives?

BTW, the FBI is 'not interested' in investigating this mysterious letter/incident that Feinstein
    produced.

Maybe you should chastise the FBI?

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BREAK GLASS

If you can't change your mind, you can't change anything

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The Republican party is rotten to the core, but the Democrats ploy last night by Feinstein and company was a dirty trick too.
    I have to agree on this one. She's had the letter for some time, why wait until after his Senate hearings?

And I can't stand Brett Kavanaugh.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
    You conveniently failed to mention the fact that Feinstein has been sitting on that letter since August. So instead you rip the Republicans for responding to that? What gives?

BTW, the FBI is 'not interested' in investigating this mysterious letter/incident that Feinstein
    produced.

Maybe you should chastise the FBI?

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BREAK GLASS

No thanks. Unlike the "law and order" party I actually respect the rule of law and the FBI.

I legitimately didn't know Feinstein had this for a while. Makes no sense why it wasn't brought up previously.

Maybe that's why I'm not an attorney. I guess I'll just have to wait how this plays out in criminal justice system but I can't say I'm overly impressed with how this cop shots home owner event has played out so far.
    But it really hasn't "played out" at all. Are you unimpressed that she wasn't detained and arrested immediately at the crime scene? So are most other people. But, beyond that, what were your expectations? She was arrested on manslaughter charges , but the District Attorney is still collecting evidence and assessing the case. She can bring different charges to the Grand Jury.

The legal system has not played this out in the slightest. It's been tried only in the Court of Social Media. The wheels of justice turn slower than the wheels of Twitter.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

But it really hasn't "played out" at all. Are you unimpressed that she wasn't detained and arrested immediately at the crime scene? So are most other people. But, beyond that, what were your expectations? She was arrested on manslaughter charges , but the District Attorney is still collecting evidence and assessing the case. She can bring different charges to the Grand Jury.

The legal system has not played this out in the slightest. It's been tried only in the Court of Social Media. The wheels of justice turn slower than the wheels of Twitter.
    This is true. I hope your faith in the criminal justice system is rewarded.
    Baseball is life;

I have to agree on this one. She's had the letter for some time, why wait until after his Senate hearings?

And I can't stand Brett Kavanaugh.
    I'm in agreement with you. Once I knew she had the letter since July, I thought the Dems took a page out of the Republicans playbook.

NYYF Legend

And as far as tainting a jury pool, if anything has been tainted, it is the publicís perception of the Police more than anything.
    So the public is skeptical and doesn't see wearing a badge as a sign of being 100% truthful. And?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I'm in agreement with you. Once I knew she had the letter since July, I thought the Dems took a page out of the Republicans playbook.
    On another board I'm on someone mentioned Feinstien is facing a legitimate challenge to her Senate seat thanks to the CA primary system where is no republican on the November ballot and speculation was she's releasing this now to try to boost her reelection campaign.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

This is true. I hope your faith in the criminal justice system is rewarded.
    Your concerns about the toxicology results not being known may be due to the way that the Dallas PD processes evidence. Do they have their own lab or due they have to send it off to a state agency? My department does not have their own lab, so when I want toxicology results, I must send it out to the Kentucky State Police Central Lab in Frankfort. It usually takes a week and maybe even up to two weeks in order to find out the results, as a example.
    One case that I had that bothers me to this day involved an intoxicated guy who had been out all night celebrating his birthday. The taxi dropped him off but he became confused about which cul de sac that he was on and he missed his home by one street. He tries to get into, what he thinks is his own home at 6am, and when his key gets jammed in the lock, he begins knocking/pounding on the door. The homeowner gets a gun and fires shoots through the front door and kills the intoxicated man. His crime, knocking on the wrong door in a state where the Castle Doctrine applies. No charges were ever filed and it was gut wrenching to a) to tell the family that their son had been killed and b) not a damn thing was going to be done about it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    So the public is skeptical and doesn't see wearing a badge as a sign of being 100% truthful. And?
    Marijuana is not tainting a thing

NYYF Legend

Your concerns about the toxicology results not being known may be due to the way that the Dallas PD processes evidence. Do they have their own lab or due they have to send it off to a state agency? My department does not have their own lab, so when I want toxicology results, I must send it out to the Kentucky State Police Central Lab in Frankfort. It usually takes a week and maybe even up to two weeks in order to find out the results, as a example.
    One case that I had that bothers me to this day involved an intoxicated guy who had been out all night celebrating his birthday. The taxi dropped him off but he became confused about which cul de sac that he was on and he missed his home by one street. He tries to get into, what he thinks is his own home at 6am, and when his key gets jammed in the lock, he begins knocking/pounding on the door. The homeowner gets a gun and fires shoots through the front door and kills the intoxicated man. His crime, knocking on the wrong door in a state where the Castle Doctrine applies. No charges were ever filed and it was gut wrenching to a) to tell the family that their son had been killed and b) not a damn thing was going to be done about it.

I guess I'm more concerned that they have not said exactly when the samples for the toxicology report were collected. Was it done right away or did several hours pass? I do understand that sometimes it can take some time to get the results back.

As to the second one, yes that sounds heartbreaking.
    Baseball is life;

From an anonymous person. Alleged misconduct occurring when Kavanaugh was 17. "Forwarded to the FBI" days before a Kavanaugh vote, despite being in Feinstein's hands for months.

1. You can likely charge 95% of American men with "sexual misconduct" when they were 17, particularly if they tried to get further than Mary Lou wanted them to go. Even if they stopped when she said "no." "He put his hands on me!" In today's world, if you don't have a notarized letter of consent, you could be charged with sexual misconduct.

2. If Kavanaugh is guilty of anything here, then Feinstein should be guilty of something for sitting on it for so long.

3. Desperation "Hail Mary' by the Democrats. Anonymously trying to besmirch an honorable man. They should be embarrassed, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Or, the GOP looked back at Bork and Thomas, and could anticipate the Democrats pulling a disgusting stunt like this.

- President Barack Obama

Thread Information