+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 198 FirstFirst ... 33 73 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 4935
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    But because of our irrational and illogical fear of government we insist upon paying more for less.
    free market. lots of choices. don't want government interference in "business".

Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Rupert Murdoch next, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    [Moderator]

That's in extremely poor taste.

[/Moderator]
    yes, he usually is.

edit: re-reading this, it sounds like i was talking about philleotardo. i was saying about murdoch is usually in poor taste.
    Last edited by ajra21; 05-20-17 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Coward. After talking for months about how excited he was for 4 years of investigating Hillary, now he runs away instead of doing his job to investigate a truly dirty POTUS just because there's an R after his name.
    No, no, no. He needs more family time. Just don't ask why he bothered to run for re-election only to finish 5 months of the term.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    He's not running away, not after that foot surgery. Hobbling away.
    His taxpayer funded surgery.

It will almost be worth it if he dumps the idiotic @jasoninthehouse Twitter handle.
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

The Gimp from Utah will be recruited by FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    The Gimp from Utah will be recruited by FOX.
    It's alleged to be a done deal.

It will almost be worth it if he dumps the idiotic @jasoninthehouse Twitter handle.
    I find that clever.

On Ailes (From a Deadspin commenter)

Personally, Ill never forgive him for the effect his network had on my grandparents in the last years of their lives. They were enthralled by Fox News, had it on day and night, whenever they were awake, and it infected them with paranoia, anger and most of all, fear. Visits were consumed with lectures about the latest conspiracy theory about nefarious plots by the Clintons, Obamas, minorities, poor, or whoever else was allegedly hell-bent on destroying their way of life that day. When my grandfather died, it took hours of searching to find where hed hidden all of his valuables and guns - Obama, you see, was coming to take them at any moment. He lived in a constant state of dread.

NYYF Legend

On Ailes (From a Deadspin commenter)
    I don't wish I'll or death on anyone but this man has done so much harm to this country I am glad that he is done doing that.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Anthony Weiner pleads guilty to sexting a 15 y/o minor.

I'm wondering: what activist judge wouldn't buy that the Russians hacked his phone? Weiner should've at least tried.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Anthony Weiner pleads guilty to sexting a 15 y/o minor.

I'm wondering: what activist judge wouldn't buy that the Russians hacked his phone? Weiner should've at least tried.
    Maybe if it was his first offense lol

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Maybe if it was his first offense lol
    Ha! True. Now he doesn't have a leg to stand on, third or otherwise.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I don't wish I'll or death on anyone but this man has done so much harm to this country I am glad that he is done doing that.
    Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi's take on the passing of Ailes:

And when Ailes died this morning, he left behind an America perfectly in his image, frightened out of its mind and pouring its money hand over fist into television companies, who are gleefully selling the unraveling of our political system as an entertainment product.

The extent to which we hate and fear each other now that's not any one person's fault. But no one person was more at fault than Roger Ailes. He never had a soul to sell, so he sold ours. It may take 50 years or a century for us to recover. Even dictators rarely have that kind of impact. Enjoy the next life, you monster.
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

Notre Dame grads plan to walk out of a commencement speech by Pence.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/notre-da...inkId=37824848

For graduate student Luis Miranda, the decision is personal, fueled by the current administration's immigration policies that he says torment undocumented members of his family who plan to attend.

"They cannot just fly into campus for commencement," Miranda is quick to point out, referencing recent airport arrests by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "There's something really odd about going to the most important moment of your life the culmination of your education with friends, family, and someone who persecutes you for who you are."

Senior Grace Watkins, a Truman and Rhodes Scholar headed to Washington this summer. will join Miranda in the quick exit. "We'll walk in," Watkins explains. "When the time comes and commencement will no longer be a celebration for us anymore, we'll head out."

Watkins, who will carry the banner for the school of Arts and Letters donning a red Title IX symbol on her graduation cap, stresses that she does not want to hear the speech. "I'm not going to sit and listen to someone who has advocated for horrific sexual violence policies congratulate me on graduating from this place that I've been working so hard to improve."
    In addition to a swift exit, Pence will be greeted by nearly 500 rainbow flags, donated by Notre Dame alumni and displayed throughout campus in the months following the mass-email announcement of the Vice President's visit.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post

That's like the pretentious calling the pretentious pretentious.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Good for them. This is what #resist should look like. Although it's a shame they are not going to be able to completely enjoy what should be one of the greatest days of their lives so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Good for them. This is what #resist should look like. Although it's a shame they are not going to be able to completely enjoy what should be one of the greatest days of their lives so far.
    it's nice to see those attending a catholic institution making a stand against a man who stands for so many things jesus christ would be abhorred by.

- - -

"Our goal has never been to avoid controversy," University President Fr. Jenkins told CBS News. "This group has said publicly that their intention is not to disrupt the commencement for others, but certainly to make their position heard," he concedes, after pausing for a moment to think. "I commend them for that."

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    it's nice to see those attending a catholic institution making a stand against a man who stands for so many things jesus christ would be abhorred by.
    I think that's the same argument used by the people who didn't want to bake a cake for the gay couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I think that's the same argument used by the people who didn't want to bake a cake for the gay couple.
    Jesus never mentioned homosexuality, so no.

How so?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    quite.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Jesus never mentioned homosexuality, so no.
    I think there's a couple of verses in Leviticus about men lying with men. That wasn't really my point though. I'm not religious at all.

I was just making an observation that the actions of both groups hinge on the same argument.

I think there's a couple of verses in Leviticus about men lying with men. That wasn't really my point though. I'm not religious at all.

I was just making an observation that the actions of both groups hinge on the same argument.
    I know the Leviticus verses, but this is what Alex said:

"it's nice to see those attending a catholic institution making a stand against a man who stands for so many things jesus christ would be abhorred by."

If the bakers are making that same argument, it's bogus. Jesus never said anything about it. (Those same people generally ignore the Leviticus verses about not wearing mixed fiber clothing and not eating shellfish, etc.)

Thread Information