+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 299 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 296 297 298 299
Results 7,451 to 7,466 of 7466
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I don't think you are unusual in this thinking. And party registration is pretty meaningless as an indicator of how someone feels about individual politicians. The declaration from someone that they are an Independent is just a meaningless label that says nothing about their beliefs. I am way too far to the left to consider myself a true Dem but will be registered as one as long as it is necessary for primary voting. I am active enough in the DSA that I consider that more my party affiliation although I find them too inflexible so maybe not.
    Pinko.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

And as we all expected, little Marco flipped and will now vote for the Tax Scam for the small sum of $300 per poor family per year.

The final bill will allow families who owe no federal income taxes to still claim up to $1,400 of the $2,000 child tax credit, up from $1,100 in the original version.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

When I was looking to see what it was that got Marco to vote yes, I got stuck in twitter hell. People on the right are mad at him for this because they say he's giving money to illegal immigrants.
    #LittleMarco now wants to once again destroy the American tax payer through tax benefits to illegal aliens! It wasn’t enough to be a part of The Gang Of 8, Marco Rubio is now putting illegals before our people once again! Thank God Trump destroyed him in the primaries.
    What a country we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    When I was looking to see what it was that got Marco to vote yes, I got stuck in twitter hell. People on the right are mad at him for this because they say he's giving money to illegal immigrants.

What a country we live in.
    Ann Coulter had a .......weird tweet about Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Ann Coulter had a .......weird tweet about Rubio.
    The "quiet desperation" tweet? Sure is weird. I guess it’s meant to be a joke of some kind, but I completely don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Pinko.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    And the change was made and Rubio is on board
    Corker is a yes now, too.

Corker is a yes now, too.
    That makes it a done deal. Even if McCain and Cochrane are both out sick, they'll still get it through.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That makes it a done deal. Even if McCain and Cochrane are both out sick, they'll still get it through.
    And Cochrane has said he'll be there if he needs to be.

NYYF Legend

Corker and Rubio are he’s votes now. As predicted the tax scam bill will pass
    Posts in invisible key strokes

NYYF Legend

Sounds like a good Trump pick. I bet he gets confirmed on party lines.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

Even without knowing the legal terminology, you could tell from the look on Kennedy's face that these questions shouldn’t have been challenging. He looks like he just asked a Ph.D candidate, "What letter comes after B?"

A Democratic congressional candidate in Kansas dropped out of the 2018 race after accusations of sexual harassment from her past resurfaced, leaving her the rare woman to be felled by the #MeToo movement that has largely brought down powerful men.
    “Twelve years ago, I eliminated an employee’s position. That man decided to bring a lawsuit against the company (not against me),” Ramsey wrote. “He named me in the allegations, claiming I fired him because he refused to have sex with me. That is a lie. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission investigated the allegations and decided not to pursue the complaint; the man later decided to voluntarily dismiss the lawsuit. Because I wasn’t a named party, I didn’t have any opportunity to participate in its resolution. ”
    Sucks that she has to step down due to a decade-old unsubstantiated accusation, but that's the way it goes these days.

http://www.newsweek.com/metoo-woman-...emocrat-749570

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/15/u...rol-trump.html

A federal court on Friday blocked Trump administration rules that made it easier for employers to deny insurance coverage of contraceptives for women.

Judge Wendy Beetlestone of the Federal District Court in Philadelphia issued a preliminary injunction, saying the rules contradicted the text of the Affordable Care Act by allowing many employers to opt out of providing contraceptive coverage if they had religious or moral objections.

In the lawsuit, filed by the State of Pennsylvania, the judge said the rules would cause irreparable harm because tens of thousands of women would lose contraceptive coverage.

The Affordable Care Act contains no statutory language allowing federal agencies to create such “sweeping exemptions” to the law’s requirements to cover preventive services, Judge Beetlestone declared.
    A small victory but a victory nonetheless.

NYYF Legend

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.0eed82796252

Sounds like Mao's cultural revolution. Let's tell scientists that their evidence is actually subjective. Also reminds me of Atlas Shrugged and Dr. Ferris.

Thread Information