+ Reply to Thread
Page 631 of 637 FirstFirst ... 131 531 581 621 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,775 of 15915
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.d267e6a93c9b

I'll take it!

And do we need a climate change/environmental thread? Separate it from basic politics?
    I believe that such a thread could exist, but not through human activity.

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

I generally don't disparage Republicans. I disparage people that support Trump (although at this point there doesn't seem to be a great distinction). If you support him you are supporting racism, mysogyny,etc, etc or you are willing to look the other way which is basically the same thing. You want consistency? I have been consistent on that to a fault and I'm pretty sure everyone here would back me on that.

And like JL said, boomer hag is not innocuous. That you think people were attacking you or "breaking balls" is what is actually pretty funny.
    I never said you disparaged anyone. Its the silence when people say much worse things about certain groups, and the complaints with other lesser remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Thats pretty funny

Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    I never said you disparaged anyone. Its the silence when people say much worse things about certain groups, and the complaints with other lesser remarks.
    Without a specific example, perhaps it's because I don't agree with your take on them being much worse or maybe they aren't things I care about one way or another or maybe I just don't feel like it is important at the time. I don't have to respond to every post I disagree with or care about every slight. I post about the things that interest me. As a boomer hag, that is my right in the same way Maynerd feels compelled to speak out for all old, white men everywhere.
    “Stay angry, little Meg,” Mrs Whatsit whispered. “You will need all your anger now.”

As a boomer hag, that is my right in the same way Maynerd feels compelled to speak out for all old, white men everywhere.
    Sometimes, you just need to represent, support, and defend your peeps.

Now, get off my lawn.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Good to know that like everything else, the idea of counting all votes is now a partisan issue. SMH.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Good to know that like everything else, the idea of counting all votes is now a partisan issue. SMH.
    It's been a partisan issue since Bush v. Gore, if not longer.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. We need a constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right to vote. Do that, and the partisan gamesmanship goes away.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Hey we might lose - please stop counting legitimate votes!
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It's been a partisan issue since Bush v. Gore, if not longer.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. We need a constitutional amendment guaranteeing the right to vote. Do that, and the partisan gamesmanship goes away.
    Bush won 5-4 fair and square I've been told.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

I generally don't disparage Republicans. I disparage people that support Trump (although at this point there doesn't seem to be a great distinction). If you support him you are supporting racism, mysogyny,etc, etc or you are willing to look the other way which is basically the same thing. You want consistency? I have been consistent on that to a fault and I'm pretty sure everyone here would back me on that.

And like JL said, boomer hag is not innocuous. That you think people were attacking you or "breaking balls" is what is actually pretty funny.
    I love you.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Without a specific example, perhaps it's because I don't agree with your take on them being much worse or maybe they aren't things I care about one way or another or maybe I just don't feel like it is important at the time. I don't have to respond to every post I disagree with or care about every slight. I post about the things that interest me. As a boomer hag, that is my right in the same way Maynerd feels compelled to speak out for all old, white men everywhere.
    Fair enough. Was just pointing out the double standard ive seen here.

Sinema now up by 20,000 votes, but there are still 400,000 to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Sinema now up by 20,000 votes, but there are still 400,000 to count.
    On the House side, with the 39 close races talked about on Tuesday, the Dems lead 20-11 with 8 still undecided.
    Let the kids play.

Amazing the people we elect. One of many head scratchers.
    https://reason.com/blog/2018/11/09/t...tested-electio

Amazing the people we elect. One of many head scratchers.
    https://reason.com/blog/2018/11/09/t...tested-electio

"This speaks to a chronic lack of competition. In 2018, nearly a third of Texas' state representatives faced no opponent in the general election. That's not good for state-level democracy, which is supposed to entail, if not good options, at least an option when voters go to the polls."

That’s what extreme gerrymandering does.

"This speaks to a chronic lack of competition. In 2018, nearly a third of Texas' state representatives faced no opponent in the general election. That's not good for state-level democracy, which is supposed to entail, if not good options, at least an option when voters go to the polls."

That’s what extreme gerrymandering does.
    Crazy thing is that he actually won his primary.

“Stay angry, little Meg,” Mrs Whatsit whispered. “You will need all your anger now.”

Hope is eternal

With Sanders, this isn’t far beyond the realm of believability that she would do this.
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

Dana Rohrabacher has apparently been defeated.

Dana Rohrabacher has apparently been defeated.
    Damn, that's fabulous.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Hope is eternal

Agreed. Was coming in to post.
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

Nah, Crenshaw's a scumbag.

Five Republican candidates vying for seats in the U.S. House and Senate in November's midterms appear to be current or former administrators of a far-right Facebook group that has pushed debunked conspiracy theories and made racially charged posts about Muslims and black people.
    The group has a history of pushing far-right conspiracy theories, such as Pizzagate, the debunked theory that Hillary Clinton and other Democratic officials ran a child sex trafficking ring out of a Washington, D.C., pizza shop; last year’s white nationalist Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia; which members of the group have falsely claimed was “orchestrated by the left”; and the murder of Seth Rich, a former Democratic National Committee employee whom far-right followers have falsely asserted was murdered by a Democratic operative to help Hillary Clinton.
    The group has also made posts and comments calling Islam a “cancer” and labeled the Black Lives Matter group as “black supremacy with white masters.”
    The five candidates were Daniel Crenshaw, a House candidate from Texas; Danny Tarkanian, a House candidate from Nevada; Corey Stewart, a Senate candidate from Virginia; Matt Rosendale, a Senate candidate from Montana; and Patrick Morrisey, a Senate candidate from West Virginia.
    Since the original story by Media Matters was published Thursday afternoon, Tarkanian, Rosendale and Morrisey no longer appear as administrators. Stewart and Crenshaw remained as of Friday morning
    https://www.newsweek.com/republican-...cebook-1099744

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I know nothing about Crenshaw. But is the fact that he's in a large social media group focused on Tea Party politics the reason you're calling him a scumbag, or is there more evidence of scumminess?

Thread Information