+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    The President thinks so. So no.
    He is the most classless person alive.

Forum Regular

I did. I'd already read it before you linked it. What am I missing? Other than some vague suspicion based on pretty much nothing, I don't see it.

From the CNN article there's several instances mentioned where the Bernie faction, supporters of Ellison, were disgruntled with the process of selecting the eventual chairman, Perez - who is an Obama/HRC person. CNN actually quoted several individuals by name, not the usual 'unnamed sources.'

I just put the question out there. We already know there's enough mistrust after the DNC selected HRC over Bernie.
    Happy 2017!

NYYF Legend

The president needs to STFU and fill the 3k plus jobs that are left vacant in his administration.

For the record, the DNC (or RNC for that matter) doesn't mean sh!t. The progressives need to STFU and focus on politics at the grass roots level. Organize. Effect change and achieve measurable results, and build a brand identity. Top spin it up the ladder via electable politicians. I think Ellison being 2nd in command was as realistic as it was going to get.
    Last edited by ojo; Yesterday at 07:02 PM.
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

Forum Regular

Sounds like Trump read the CNN article before making his tweet.
    Happy 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    The president needs to STFU and fill the 3k plus jobs that are left vacant in his administration.

For the record, the DNC (or RNC for that matter) doesn't mean sh!t. The progressives need to STFU and focus on politics at the grass roots level. Organize. Effect change and achieve measurable results, and build a brand identity. Top spin it up the latter via electable politicians. I think Ellison being 2nd in command was as realistic as it was going to get.
    Agree with the bolded. Both factions will have a loud voice.
    George, Gabe, Stick >>> Hal, Randy, Cash

ellison wasn't a riskless choice. he risks painting a huge target on the dems and alienating a bunch of powerful donors.

this left wing revolt is basically an overly active immune response at this point. indiscriminate and broad target id is bad target id.
    always reasonable

This dovetailed with something we touched on in the Trump thread.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health..._tuskegee.html
    Seventy years ago, American researchers infected Guatemalans with syphilis and gonorrhea, then left without treating them. Their families are still waiting for help.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post

For the record, the DNC (or RNC for that matter) doesn't mean sh!t. The progressives need to STFU and focus on politics at the grass roots level. Organize. Effect change and achieve measurable results, and build a brand identity. Top spin it up the latter via electable politicians. I think Ellison being 2nd in command was as realistic as it was going to get.

I'm sure HRC has thought long & hard on that scenario as well with Bernie.
    Happy 2017!

they counted the chickens before they hatched. kaine would have been a very good vp in the actual office of the vp, doing foreign policy and whatnot stuff. they also wrongly emphasized the latino vote as a strategic objective, though with trump it wasn't that unreasonable.
    always reasonable

This dovetailed with something we touched on in the Trump thread.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health..._tuskegee.html
    Holy hell, I didn't even know about this. This is horrific...

i mean we tested nukes in open air on the continental u.s. in the 40's and 50's, literally built hydrogen bombs on inhabited islands and experimented with nuking the ozone layer.

it was a different time but we are learning and obviously should be learning to change.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Agree with the bolded. Both factions will have a loud voice.
    Here's a good interview with Marshall Ganz about how the progressives can build momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
    I'm sure HRC has thought long & hard on that scenario as well with Bernie.
    I don't think either of them put much thought into anything regarding the longterm viability of the Democrat Party.
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

For the Arizona Member:

APNewsBreak: Arizona House speaker won't hear rioting bill

Source: Associated Press

PHOENIX (AP) The speaker of the Arizona House said Monday he won't hear a bill that makes participating in or helping organize a protest that turns into a riot an offense that could lead to criminal racketeering charges.

The measure passed last week by the Senate drew nationwide attention because it added rioting to the organized crime statutes and said an overt act isn't needed to prove conspiracy to riot. That attention led Speaker J.D. Mesnard to decide Monday to kill it for the session.

Mesnard told The Associated Press that people all across the country now believe that the Arizona Legislature is trying to enact a law that will suppress their First Amendment right to assemble.

"It's gotten lot of attention, and frankly whether it's fair or unfair, whether its accurate or inaccurate, at this point doesn't matter," he told the AP. "That's certainly not what the Legislature wants to be about I know that's not what the sponsor wanted in the first place."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5f4aa...r-rioting-bill

By BOB CHRISTIE
    Feb. 27, 2017 5:46 PM EST
    FREE GC! FREE GC! FREE GC! FREE GC! FREE GC! FREE GC! FREE GC! FREE GC! FREE GC!

Thread Information