+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 294 295 296 297
Results 7,401 to 7,418 of 7418

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I don't think I'm very old, but I remember when the FBI were the good guys and the Russians/KGB were bad.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/941159085998858241

https://www.washingtonpost.com/class...=.f488a6687ef1
    What's scarier than Trump himself is that 163 million Americans voted for this doofus.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    What's scarier than Trump himself is that 163 million Americans voted for this doofus.
    Off by 100,000,000, but I know what you mean.

NYYF Legend

Two big news events

FCC votes to repeal net neutrality

Paul Ryan to retire after 2018 mid terms
    Posts in invisible key strokes

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Two big news events

Paul Ryan to retire after 2018 mid terms
    1. Not surprising, but still criminal that they're just ignoring subpoenas from 18 state AGs over fake comments posted to the FCC site. Unreal. These Republicans just don't give a crap about the rule of law.

2. He'll move from the EEOB two blocks down to K street and be back in the Capitol after Christmas 2018. He probably realized he was gonna lose his seat anyway. Randy Bryce is gonna take that gavel away from Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Well, I'm a few years older than you, but I can remember when being an elected official was pretty much automatically worthy of respect.

Times change. Sometimes, very quickly.
    "Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?"

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I don't think I'm very old, but I remember when the FBI were the good guys and the Russians/KGB were bad.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/941159085998858241

https://www.washingtonpost.com/class...=.f488a6687ef1
    Rod Rosenstein's testimony was top-notch.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

So dumb. Even most Republicans don’t want this.
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Even most Republicans don’t want this.
    We'll see.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    We'll see.
    If they can come to realize what is likely to happen, or admit they were wrong? Or both?
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

NYYF Legend

The government agencies tasked with protecting things (consumers, the environment, etc) are actually the most effective at harming them themselves if so inclined. And they are so inclined these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    If they can come to realize what is likely to happen, or admit they were wrong? Or both?
    They have a habit of faux outrage followed by a vote that reflects the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    So dumb. Even most Republicans don’t want this.
    They repealed a burdensome Obama-era regulation. No further explanation necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    We can thank black voters for this win. White people once again proved to be garbage. CNN broke down some numbers:

White men: 72% Moore, 27% Jones
    White women: 63% Moore, 35% Jones
    Black men: 93% Jones, 6% Moore
    Black women: 98% Jones, 2% Moore

Latinx and other numbers weren't available yet.

Seriously, a large majority of white people voted for a racist child molester. I'm disgusted yet again.
    I wonder how the men break down.

Matthew Dowd‏Verified account @matthewjdowd

A very interesting piece of data from Alabama exit polls: While White women overall voted for Moore 63 to 34, when you break out evangelical vs non you get evangelical white women 76 - 22 Moore; non-evangelical white women 74 - 21 Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I wonder how the men break down.
    They cry, but not when you’re looking.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    They have a habit of faux outrage followed by a vote that reflects the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    They repealed a burdensome Obama-era regulation. No further explanation necessary.
    I meant Republican voters, not politicians.
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    They cry, but not when you’re looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Well, I'm a few years older than you, but I can remember when being an elected official was pretty much automatically worthy of respect.

Times change. Sometimes, very quickly.
    I have a vague recollection of a time when elected officials respected their constituents.

Honestly, I might have gone further into Rosenstein's testimony - and his handling of other recent matters - before praising him so unambiguously. I was working from clips that sounded good. Here's an excellent, thoughtful piece from Ben Wittes:

It was enough to highlight the apparent breadth of the congressional Republican effort to delegitimize the Robert Mueller investigation. The attacks on Mueller and his staff and allegations of supposed conflicts of interest were not the province of a fringe but a matter of an apparent consensus among House Republicans, at least on the famously partisan judiciary committee.

It was enough to loose upon the world an almost hysterical attack on an FBI agent and an FBI attorney in the presence of little evidence that either has done anything wrong—as opposed to merely ill-advised and unfortunate—and in the midst of an ongoing inspector general investigation that has not yet reached any conclusions.

It was enough to lay bare the absurdity of Republican demands for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate a series of matters about which there is not even the barest allegation of criminal conduct—let alone a predicate for an actual investigation.

It was enough to bring to the surface the bizarre fixation in the Republican caucus on conspiracy theories involving Fusion GPS, the so-called Steele Dossier, FISA surveillance, and the Mueller investigation.

And it was enough to make clear, yet again, that Rod Rosenstein is a man out of his depth and to make one sympathize for him at the same time.
    Btw, Wittes and the Lawfare blog aren't left-wing ideologues, not by any stretch of the imagination.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information