+ Reply to Thread
Page 826 of 867 FirstFirst ... 326 726 776 816 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 836 ... LastLast
Results 20,626 to 20,650 of 21652
    NYYF Legend

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Science is not a liberal conspiracy.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    Read the book climate change reconsidered. Boring as hell but i learned a lot.
    Funded by the Mercer family and their friends? This is like believing the "scientists" supporting the tobacco industry. Any credible sources?

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Science is not a liberal conspiracy.
    Well to the trump supporters facts are also a liberal conspiracy
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Funded by the Mercer family and their friends? This is like believing the "scientists" supporting the tobacco industry. Any credible sources?
    Give you all credit for trying. Good grief

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    You can say that all you want, but it's totally false. This is just like the 60s and 70s when we had to have hearings to determine that cigarette smoking caused lung cancer. Give me a break. The world scientific community is in agreement about greenhouse gasses and global warming caused by humans. Some right wing scientists represent the Rush Limbaughs of the world who would convince audiences that global warming is a hoax, which serves to appease the extreme right because they're not interested in facts, just what they want to hear. Like I said earlier, there's nothing that could ever convince you otherwise, so just keep leaning on your alternative facts and government conspiracy theories. The rest of the world will continue to look for solutions.
    You're a good dude. Good post.

Hope is eternal

You can say that all you want, but it's totally false. This is just like the 60s and 70s when we had to have hearings to determine that cigarette smoking caused lung cancer. Give me a break. The world scientific community is in agreement about greenhouse gasses and global warming caused by humans. Some right wing scientists represent the Rush Limbaughs of the world who would convince audiences that global warming is a hoax, which serves to appease the extreme right because they're not interested in facts, just what they want to hear. Like I said earlier, there's nothing that could ever convince you otherwise, so just keep leaning on your alternative facts and government conspiracy theories. The rest of the world will continue to look for solutions.
    Great post

"I want you to know that this entire city has it's arms around you in love and peace."

This is how you do it.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post

"I want you to know that this entire city has it's arms around you in love and peace."

This is how you do it.
    Wow. A real leader and a real human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    I know exactly who they are. Much more credible than the government paid scientists depending on grant money.
    This is what it always comes down to. You’ll believe anyone who says the government is concocting lies over anyone who represents the government in your eyes, even if they’re not actually government at al. You’re all about the Deep State, whether you call it that or not.

https://www.kmov.com/news/missouri-l...c0ffb8b3c.html

Andrew McDaniel (R-Deering) introduced House Bill 1108 late last month. The bill would establish the McDaniel Militia Act, “which requires every person between 18 and 35 years of age who can legally possess a firearm to own an AR-15 and authorizes a tax credit for a purchase of an AR-15.

Or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    **This Space For Rent**

So I'm seeing that Chelsea Clinton was blamed by a group of NYU students for "stoking the hatred" that caused the New Zealand shooting. This was because she criticized Ilhan Omar for her remarks on Israel. It's of course ridiculous, but a potential glimpse at the slippery slope we're going down if we start blaming individual people for the actions of an insane person.

Hope is eternal

https://twitter.com/petebuttigieg/st...943879169?s=21

Buttigieg reaches goal to receive invite to first Democratic debate

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    https://twitter.com/petebuttigieg/st...943879169?s=21

Buttigieg reaches goal to receive invite to first Democratic debate
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    So I'm seeing that Chelsea Clinton was blamed by a group of NYU students for "stoking the hatred" that caused the New Zealand shooting. This was because she criticized Ilhan Omar for her remarks on Israel. It's of course ridiculous, but a potential glimpse at the slippery slope we're going down if we start blaming individual people for the actions of an insane person.
    You haven'tt read any of the replies to your earlier posts, have you?

Hope is eternal

I am very impressed so far. Not sure he can win but he sure can make an impact and will boost his future chances

I am very impressed so far. Not sure he can win but he sure can make an impact and will boost his future chances
    Oh I don't have any expectations that he can win. But I very much want him to be part of the conversation for as long as he can. And, hey, you never know! If a reality tv star with no political experience can get elected, why not Mayor Pete?

Hope is eternal

Oh I don't have any expectations that he can win. But I very much want him to be part of the conversation for as long as he can. And, hey, you never know! If a reality tv star with no political experience can get elected, why not Mayor Pete?
    True. I do think his calm demeanor will help him on the stage.

True. I do think his calm demeanor will help him on the stage.
    I am also interested in hearing more from Andrew Yang who has also made the debate cut. His website makes it easy to know where he stands on whatever you value in a candidate and I like that. If you haven't peeked at it yet, here is his policy page. https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

Hope is eternal

I am also interested in hearing more from Andrew Yang who has also made the debate cut. His website makes it easy to know where he stands on whatever you value in a candidate and I like that. If you haven't peeked at it yet, here is his policy page. https://www.yang2020.com/policies/
    Love his modernized voting proposal!

Some interesting thoughts there. Don't see anything about getting a handle on deficit spending and the national debt, and that's more important than a lot of his other topics.
    Let the kids play.

"’m not a career politician—I’m an entrepreneur who understands the economy."

At this point, I’m really ready for a career politician, someone who understands how government works.

Some interesting thoughts there. Don't see anything about getting a handle on deficit spending and the national debt, and that's more important than a lot of his other topics.
    Yeah. We've had this discussion here before. I am an outlier on this site. I don't think the debt is something we need to put too much energy into worrying about. We should not ignore it but I believe the government can still effectively be spending money. Just on more worthwhile public investments. Education, infrastructure, health care, the environment. Although I can admit to taking it into consideration more than I did three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    "’m not a career politician—I’m an entrepreneur who understands the economy."

At this point, I’m really ready for a career politician, someone who understands how government works.
    I agree but he has ideas and I want a lot of those in the debates. This is a really good opportunity for the party and the people to shake things up and ideas are part of it. If I had to vote right now, I'd probably be Liz 1 and Mayor Pete 1a. But the primaries are still a long way off.

"
    Caleb Hull

@CalebJHull
    A real quote from @AOC's former campaign aide:

"Democracy means preventing an aristocracy. Democracy should mean taking power and wealth from those who hoard it and making sure it belongs to everyone."
    "

Democracy as defined by Stalin, maybe
    I like big mutt,s and I can not lie....

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi3 View Post
    "
    Caleb Hull

@CalebJHull
    A real quote from @AOC's former campaign aide:

"Democracy means preventing an aristocracy. Democracy should mean taking power and wealth from those who hoard it and making sure it belongs to everyone."
    "

Democracy as defined by Stalin, maybe
    I just don't get how the left thinks that moving to the extreme is the path to electoral victory
    I like big mutt,s and I can not lie....

Thread Information