+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 167 168 169 170
Results 4,226 to 4,241 of 4241

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Good. I hope that all those racist bastards lose their jobs, 1st Amendment rights or no 1st Amendment rights. I have no use for any of these despicable creatures. Thankfully, these rodents are relatively small in numbers and insignificant.

I wonder how many of the identified Antifa members will lose their jobs, or if most even have jobs? Where is their next violent "protest" and who will they provoke next? Will they be assaulting innocent civilians and cops and destroying businesses in your neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. I think most have been pretty overwhelmingly supportive of the counter protestors with the exception of the president.
    This is true, even about the ones who commit violence.

So the answer to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Has there been some groundswell of support for groups to go and actively commit violence against Nazis marching?
    Is 'yes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. I think most have been pretty overwhelmingly supportive of the counter protestors with the exception of the president. And the alt-right of course. I'm pretty happy with it considering how divided the country has become.
    Exactly. There is no perception issue.

But that would be the rational, normal reaction when Nazis are involved.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Hey Texsahara-- isn't this one of the statues you spoke about earlier?

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/c...167887472.html
    I do not understand why the John Hunt Morgan statue is not being moved to his house, which is two blocks away from where it sits now, and serves as a museum. And the only thing that I can figure, is that the Morgan house is too close in proximity to Transylvania University.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I do not understand why the John Hunt Morgan statue is not being moved to his house, which is two blocks away from where it sits now, and serves as a museum. And the only thing that I can figure, is that the Morgan house is too close in proximity to Transylvania University.
    It would probably clash with the Dracula monument.

It would probably clash with the Dracula monument.
    This is all Deacon's fault.

Houston man arrested, accused of attempting to blow up Confederate statue
    A 25-year-old man is in custody after he was found with explosive materials near the Dick Dowling Confederate monument in Houston.
    "When asked by Curtis if he wanted to harm the statue, Schneck responded that he did, and that he (Schneck) did not 'like that guy,'" the complaint said.
    I don't know if he had any political motives-- he had been arrested before for having explosives.

He seems a little off.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/us/hou...ism/index.html

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I wonder how many of the identified Antifa members will lose their jobs, or if most even have jobs? Where is their next violent "protest" and who will they provoke next? Will they be assaulting innocent civilians and cops and destroying businesses in your neighborhood?
    Don't know but if I had to guess my money is on this Sunday in Berkeley where a white supremacy march is planed for MLK Park but the group has yet to apply for a permit.

Police are preparing for violence.

Hopefully it doesn't materialize.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Don't know but if I had to guess my money is on this Sunday in Berkeley where a white supremacy march is planed for MLK Park but the group has yet to apply for a permit.

Police are preparing for violence.

Hopefully it doesn't materialize.
    I hadn't heard about this, so I googled and found this link: http://ktla.com/2017/08/16/mayor-say...s-not-welcome/

A Facebook page advertising the event calls it “No to Marxism in America.”
    From the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1356...f1b8d%22%7D%7D

In America we have Marxism being taught in our schools and communities. Berkeley is a ground zero for the Marxist Movement and we need to speak out and say NO to Marxism. This event is our chance to speak out and expose the plan of purging our nation from a free nation to a communist nation. We will not tolerate this in America. So we are asking people to come stand against Marxism.

In Addition to the discription of the event i would like to add this caveat to my event page. I do not invite or condone anyone showing up to this event with the intent of starting violence. I also want to add I do not stand with any racist groups like the KKK , Neo Nazis, or any form of racist groups. You are not welcome at this event and please stay away. I myself am a transsexual female who embraces diversity and loves diversity. This event is not a event of hate speech it is a event about concerns of Marxism in America.

This event has people of all races, genders, and sexualities. This event is as diverse as it gets. We are all coming together in unification and to speak about the growing concern of Marxism. I will stress again I DO NOT STAND NOR CONDONE RACISM and if you are RACIST your not welcome at this event. Also I stress we want a peaceful NONE VIOLENT event that is my overgoal. Thank you so much and hope to see you there.
    This is the page of the organizer: https://www.facebook.com/amberncali9...on=friends_tab

She's definitely against Antifa, but she also claims rumors of Richard Spencer and Nathan Domingo (?) being invited to this event are false:

These people are trying to divide and destroy the movement. Richard Spencer is ALT RIGHT TRASH. I want nothing to do with this piece of trash.
    His beliefs are not something I stand with , nor will I ever. They will not be welcomed at my event
    I don't stand with people like that , nor will I ever. That gos against everything I am about
    I don't know what this group is about, other than their stated claim of anti-Marxism.

Where did the idea that this is a white nationalist rally originate?

NYYF Legend

I hadn't heard about this, so I googled and found this link: http://ktla.com/2017/08/16/mayor-say...s-not-welcome/

From the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1356...f1b8d%22%7D%7D

This is the page of the organizer: https://www.facebook.com/amberncali9...on=friends_tab

She's definitely against Antifa, but she also claims rumors of Richard Spencer and Nathan Domingo (?) being invited to this event are false:

I don't know what this group is about, other than their stated claim of anti-Marxism.

Where did the idea that this is a white nationalist rally originate?
    I don't know where it originated but it's the gist I was told of the rally. Perhaps I'm misinformed.

My wife was telling me about it and was happy to find out it was in a Sunday and not a day she needed to be in Berkeley for work.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I don't know where it originated but it's the gist I was told of the rally. Perhaps I'm misinformed.

My wife was telling me about it and was happy to find out it was in a Sunday and not a day she needed to be in Berkeley for work.
    No, I'm not saying it is you who is misinformed-- or that anyone is.

I just don't see where the white nationalist angle came from.

It may very well be the case that this is a white nationalist rally-- it's just that the group who is listed in the article as organizing this event doesn't appear to support that sort of thing.

It may very well be the case that this is a white nationalist rally-- it's just that the group who is listed in the article as organizing this event doesn't appear to support that sort of thing.
    I don't know anything about this rally or group but a lot of these alt-right groups are loosely connected. For example, the SF rally this weekend is featuring the organizer of the Berkeley rally as a speaker. The SF rally is being organized by Joey Gibson and is Patriot Prayer group. He has recently come out and disavowed the Charlottesville event and white supremacy but has featured white nationalist speakers at prior rallies and uses 3%ers as security who have ties to the Oath Keepers. But they also include a much more diverse group of speakers than you would expect at a Nazi rally. And sometimes I think just by being connected to alt-right social media, white supremacists are drawn to the event which can't be necessarily be blamed on the organizer but at the same time you have to question why. So in conclusion, it's tricky.

Very interesting long read for those that like such things.

Carl Icahnís Failed Raid on Washington

http://www.newsweek.com/online-hate-...d-wales-653097
    ONLINE HATE CRIMES TO BE TAKEN JUST AS SERIOUSLY AS OFFLINE OFFENSES IN ENGLAND, WALES
    The Crown Prosecution Service will treat online hate crimes as seriously as offline offenses in England and Wales, it announced Monday.
    Hate crimes are defined by the CPS and police as ďany criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice, based on a person's disability or perceived disability; race or perceived race; or religion or perceived religion; or sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation or a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender.Ē
    Is there anyone here who thinks that this is a good idea?

http://www.newsweek.com/online-hate-...d-wales-653097

Is there anyone here who thinks that this is a good idea?
    I don't know that it's a good idea or a bad idea. They have laws against hate speech so I don't see why online speech should be excluded. Personally, I have mixed feelings about all hate speech being protected but it's the law of the land and I understand why and I accept it. So that is not something that would apply to our country. But if an actual crime is committed as a result of hate speech online, I don't think I would have an issue with the charges being enhanced to a hate crime.

NYYF Legend

I was saying I might be misinformed or the new reports and blurbs I've read may be off.

Or it is possible they really are a white nationalist group with a different "stated" purpose on their website I hadn't delved in as deeply as you did.

I don't know but either way to answer A-rod's initial question of where the next Antifa counter demonstration is likely to be, my money is still on Berkeley this Sunday.
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information