+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 215 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 210 211 212 213 214 215 LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 5371

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Scott Pruitt is a disgusting, useless, asshole.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...ar-tax-credits

Of course he failed to mention the $10-$18 billion in annual federal subsidies that the oil & gas industry gets.
    He is probably a staunch supporter of the oil depletion allowance.

Bourdain blasts Hillary re Weinstein. I guess we can add "phony" to the already "crooked" label.

“And I have to say, Hillary’s interview with Fareed Zakaria was shameful in its deflection and its disingenuousness,” the celebrity chef said.

“Know what Hillary Clinton is NOT? She’s not stupid. Or unsophisticated about the world. The Weinstein stories had been out there for years.”

He also added that she gave a “terrible response to questions about a ‘friend’ who’s been tormenting women for decades” – and said her interview was a “real disappointment” and “uninspiring.”
    https://pagesix.com/2017/10/12/antho...tein-comments/

NYYF Legend

If Bourdain has known about this for years why he is coming out now?

I had no idea but then I don't really follow Hollywood gossip that closely and certainly don't hob nob with that circle. Though I'm not surprised and wouldn't be surprised if there are others like him.

Maybe Hillary knew, maybe she didn't but either way what is she supposed to say? "Sure I knew he was a D-bag but I didn't care as long as his checks cleared."
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/12/lou...ricas-prisons/

In an Oct. 5 press conference, the sheriff of Caddo Parrish in Louisiana expressed his disdain for the state's new criminal justice reforms that will begin next month.
    Steve Prator criticized the new measures and said it would result in the release of "good" inmates who are used on a daily basis for prison labor.
    Louisiana has the highest incarceration rate in the nation and "on the global scale, Louisiana’s incarceration rate is more than five times higher than most of the countries in the world," local ABC News affiliate KTBS noted.
    The new measures would reduce the state's prison population over the next decade by 10 percent and save the state $265 million, by lowering the threshold for nonviolent offenders who are eligible for parole, The Advocate reported.
    "The [prisoners] that you can work, the ones that can pick up trash, the work release programs — but guess what? Those are the ones that they’re releasing!" Prato exclaimed in the press conference. "In addition to the bad ones… they’re releasing some good ones that we use every day to wash cars, to change the oil in our cars, to cook in the kitchen… well, they’re going to let them out!"

NYYF Cy Young

Well there's a guy whose never seen Shawshank Redemption.

Good lord. It's like an Onion article.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

This is disgusting. It's basically indentured servitude.

Excerpt from Hillary Clinton's 1996 book "It Takes a Village":

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Excerpt from Hillary Clinton's 1996 book "It Takes a Village":
    That was horrible the first time I read it and it still is. Or is your point that what the Louisiana sheriff said is somehow okay because of something Hillary said?

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    That was horrible the first time I read it and it still is. Or is your point that what the Louisiana sheriff said is somehow okay because of something Hillary said?

Taking a knee for Hillary? Unexpected!

Would you agree that those comments should make the sheriff unelectable?

Taking a knee for Hillary? Unexpected!
    Yes, because Hillary is the victim in all this.

Would you agree that those comments should make the sheriff unelectable?
    I don't think that unelectable is a real thing. Trump proved that to me. There are over half a dozen states that have prisoners working in their state houses. It's gross. But it's not just about those that are washing cars and cooking in their kitchens. All federal prisoners are required to work if they are healthy enough. The average wage for prison labor is $0.93 per hour. That is slavery. But a loophole in the 13th amendment makes it legal.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
    Both Hillary's and the sheriff's comments were ignorant and demeaning and prison slavery is deplorable. While I strongly feel that it needs to change, the sheriff's objection to early release of "the good ones" because of how it would affect him and his cronies is particularly heinous.

Obviously you want to talk about Hillary. I'll pass.

I don't think that unelectable is a real thing. Trump proved that to me. There are over half a dozen states that have prisoners working in their state houses. It's gross. But it's not just about those that are washing cars and cooking in their kitchens. All federal prisoners are required to work if they are healthy enough. The average wage for prison labor is $0.93 per hour. That is slavery. But a loophole in the 13th amendment makes it legal.

Both Hillary's and the sheriff's comments were ignorant and demeaning and prison slavery is deplorable. While I strongly feel that it needs to change, the sheriff's objection to early release of "the good ones" because of how it would affect him and his cronies is particularly heinous.

Also, the sheriff's comments are about people over whom he and his office have direct jurisdiction, starting with their arrest.

They’re just not The Exact Same Thing.

I do wonder, Mike - do you have a "But Hillary" app or something?

Louisiana guy is suggesting that non-violent inmates should not be released even if they have been approved by the courts or legislature.

Hillary's story is.....I don't know even know what point she's trying to make, but nothing analogous to the sheriff's.
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

I don't think that unelectable is a real thing.
    I asked you if you thought it should make him unelectable. Nice dodge.

Trump proved that to me. There are over half a dozen states that have prisoners working in their state houses. It's gross. But it's not just about those that are washing cars and cooking in their kitchens. All federal prisoners are required to work if they are healthy enough. The average wage for prison labor is $0.93 per hour. That is slavery. But a loophole in the 13th amendment makes it legal.

It's the same attitude.

You just did.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Also, the sheriff's comments are about people over whom he and his office have direct jurisdiction, starting with their arrest.

They’re just not The Exact Same Thing.

I do wonder, Mike - do you have a "But Hillary" app or something?
    Do you wonder that? No, I don't. Do you have an app that alerts you when Hillary needs defending?

The 'exact same thing' nonsense you keep bringing up is not a defense. Things don't have to be exactly the same in order for them both to be wrong. The attitudes are very similar. You honestly don't see that?

As governor, Bill Clinton had jurisdiction over those prisoners and the sheriff and the prisons and the practice itself-- more so than the sheriff, and Hillary directly benefited from their labor-- also probably more so than the sheriff.

In the next paragraph, Hillary begins to realize that black people are human beings:

It's not a dodge simple because it's not answered the way you wanted. But nice try.
    It's the same attitude.
    I disagree and I try to not have such small-minded opinions.
    You just did.
    Good point. You sucked me into your nonsense. I'll do better.

It's the same attitude.

You just did.

Do you wonder that? No, I don't. Do you have an app that alerts you when Hillary needs defending?

The 'exact same thing' nonsense you keep bringing up is not a defense. Things don't have to be exactly the same in order for them both to be wrong. The attitudes are very similar. You honestly don't see that?

As governor, Bill Clinton had jurisdiction over those prisoners and the sheriff and the prisons and the practice itself-- more so than the sheriff, and Hillary directly benefited from their labor-- also probably more so than the sheriff.
    OK, they’re both wrong. But that doesn’t mean the one is at all relevant to the other.

I’m not defending Hillary, I’m just not engaging in the argument you want.

It's not a dodge simple because it's not answered the way you wanted. But nice try.
    You didn't answer the question at all. I'll rephrase:

Do you think what the sheriff said should keep him from being reelected?

OK, they’re both wrong. But that doesn’t mean the one is at all relevant to the other.
    The practice of using prisoners as slave labor is the issue.

Hillary has done that in the past.

Relevant.

I’m not defending Hillary, I’m just not engaging in the argument you want.
    Your entire argument was 'it's not the same thing' because the sheriff has direct control over the prisoners. So did Bill. And Hillary was complicit.

Again, relevant.

And it's not about what argument I want to have. Don't make it about me.

You didn't answer the question at all. I'll rephrase:

Do you think what the sheriff said should keep him from being reelected?
    No. The people of Caddo Parrish in Louisiana get to decide who they want to have representing them.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Louisiana guy is suggesting that non-violent inmates should not be released even if they have been approved by the courts or legislature.

Hillary's story is.....I don't know even know what point she's trying to make, but nothing analogous to the sheriff's.
    Agreed. I do not see the comparison at all.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

The practice of using prisoners as slave labor is the issue.

Hillary has done that in the past.

Relevant.

Your entire argument was 'it's not the same thing' because the sheriff has direct control over the prisoners. So did Bill. And Hillary was complicit.

Again, relevant.

And it's not about what argument I want to have. Don't make it about me.
    It’s only relevant because you think it is, so to that extent, it’s about you.

Thread Information