+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 320 321 322 323
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 8075
    NYYF Legend

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    He's stated that his life's passion to destroy government programs that help the poor?
    He's done everything he can to do so.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

He's stated that his life's passion to destroy government programs that help the poor?
    His biography was written by Dickens.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That belongs in POOC, but I’m in a generous mood this morning.
    So you just wrote it here instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I'm not sure what part your post I found less surprising-- That attractive people are treated better than ugly ones or that you were able to shoe horn a 'men are bad' anecdote into a discussion about tipping.
    Aw, you're back to bait. Cute.

Some people actually believe in tipping based on, you know, the service. It's not that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    So you just wrote it here instead?

Aw, you're back to bait. Cute.

Some people actually believe in tipping based on, you know, the service. It's not that difficult.
    Not bait.

People treat attractive people, you know, better. And despite your anecdote, it's not specific to one gender.

It's not difficult.

NYYF Legend

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/relig...&ICID=ref_fark

How on earth is this guy a Judge?

A Comal County, Texas, judge said God told him to intervene in jury deliberations to sway jurors to return a not guilty verdict in the trial of a Buda woman accused of trafficking a teen girl for sex.
    Judge Jack Robison apologized to jurors for the interruption, but defended his actions by telling them “when God tells me I gotta do something, I gotta do it,” according to the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels.
    The jury went against the judge’s wishes, finding Gloria Romero-Perez guilty of continuous trafficking of a person and later sentenced her to 25 years in prison. They found her not guilty of a separate charge of sale or purchase of a child.
    The Herald-Zeitung reported that Robison recused himself before the trial’s sentencing phase and was replaced by Judge Gary Steele. The defendant’s attorney asked for a mistrial but was denied.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    That's what paranoid schizophrenics say when they kill people.

And while I don’t like to judge or criticize anyone's religion, if God told him to intervene on behalf of this particular woman, the judge might at least have questioned whether he misheard Him.

Gloria Romero Perez called the Comal County sheriff's office in April saying her 15-year-old niece had run away. Deputies found the girl at the home of Julio Jimenez-Ramirez in Fischer, arrested him, and were about to take the girl back to her aunt.

"And then the child said, well no, wait, my aunt sold me to him. At which point she showed some receipts with the Aunt's name on it and a hand written contract,” said Comal County Sheriff’s Detective Anthony Moreno.
    http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/two-arrested-for-sex-trafficking-teen-from-honduras-08-09-2016

Not bait.

People treat attractive people, you know, better. And despite your anecdote, it's not specific to one gender.

It's not difficult.
    My anecdote was about one person, who happens to be a pretty terrible person. I said there likely are plenty of people like him, and the behavior is ugly. It should be based on service, not looks. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    My anecdote was about one person, who happens to be a pretty terrible person. I said there likely are plenty of people like him, and the behavior is ugly. It should be based on service, not looks. Good grief.
    Yes, it should be.

But good looking people are often treated better in every aspect of life.

It's not gender specific and it's not exclusive to wait staff.

Yes, it should be.

This is 100% right.

Yes, it should be.

Again, I was talking about ONE PERSON. A rotten to the core person. Most folks who do that do it subconsciously; he acknowledged being a dirtbag. You're reading way too much into my post, presumably to start a fight.

We were talking about servers. Wait staff, regardless of looks, deserve steady income. That's all. Jesus.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Tucker Carlson is Alex Jones with a bigger budget and audience. His show is possibly worse than Hannity's. The conspiracy theories he gives airtime to are pretty disgusting and terrible for American discourse.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...assacre/219107

On Tucker Carlson Tonight, GOP Congressman peddles conspiracy theory that ISIS is responsible for Las Vegas massacre
    Earlier this week he had on an "actual thinker" who said that Hispanic kids aren't American.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/19/169093...der-mark-steyn

In Arizona, a majority of the grade school children now are Hispanic. That means Arizona's future is as an Hispanic society. That means, in effect, the border has moved north, and the cultural transformation outweighs any economic benefits that that lady was talking about.
    It's worth watching the video in the Vox article about why white supremacists like Carlson's show so much.

NYYF Legend

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) is being retried for corruption charges after the last trial ended with a hung jury in November. Despite the retrial Menendez says he is running for reelection this year, putting an otherwise easy Democratic hold into question. I personally hope he's pressured to drop out but all the top Democrats in NJ (Murphy, Booker, Sweeney) are standing by him for now.

I could easily see Trump's DOJ dragging this out as long as possible just to have the trial right around election time. They've already waited 2+ months just to announce that they would proceed with the retrial.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...spite_ret.html

U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez said Friday he intends to run for re-election this year even though federal prosecutors revealed earlier in the day that they plan to retry the New Jersey Democrat on corruption charges.

"Senator Menendez fully expects to be vindicated and has every intention of running for re-election, continuing to fight Donald Trump's policies on behalf of New Jersey," spokesman Michael Soliman said in a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) is being retried for corruption charges after the last trial ended with a hung jury in November. Despite the retrial Menendez says he is running for reelection this year, putting an otherwise easy Democratic hold into question. I personally hope he's pressured to drop out but all the top Democrats in NJ (Murphy, Booker, Sweeney) are standing by him for now.

I could easily see Trump's DOJ dragging this out as long as possible just to have the trial right around election time. They've already waited 2+ months just to announce that they would proceed with the retrial.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...spite_ret.html
    I haven't followed NJ politics...what was he accused of, and how likely is it he's guilty?

Cory Booker continues to confuddle me with some of his stances.

The Dems dropped Franken pretty quickly. In this environment it would make sense for them to disavow this guy too and put up another quality candidate in a pretty safe seat.

Mick Mulvaney, acting head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has requested $-0- for his agency for the next quarter. He has also changed the Bureau's mission statement. It previously stated:

“The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a 21st century agency that helps consumer finance markets work by making rules more effective, by consistently and fairly enforcing those rules, and by empowering consumers to take more control over their economic lives.”
    but as of last week it was changed to:

“The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a 21st century agency that helps consumer finance markets work by regularly identifying and addressing outdated, unnecessary, or unduly burdensome regulations, by making rules more effective, by consistently enforcing federal consumer financial law, and by empowering consumers to take more control over their economic lives.”
    Remind me again how Trump ran as a populist who would help the working class.

Also this week the Bureau which for the first 7 years of its existence actually did work to protect consumers, has rolled back protections for those who fell victim to payday lenders.

http://www.latimes.com/business/laza...119-story.html
    “President Trump came into office promising to remember the forgotten people that are struggling throughout middle America,” said Christopher Peterson, a senior fellow at the Consumer Federation of America. “Instead, the administration has taken the side of predatory payday lenders that collect triple-digit interest debts from our most vulnerable families.”

Underlining that point, the CFPB also announced Thursday it was dropping a lawsuit against a group of payday lenders that allegedly duped customers by failing to reveal annual interest rates of nearly 1,000%.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I haven't followed NJ politics...what was he accused of, and how likely is it he's guilty?

Cory Booker continues to confuddle me with some of his stances.

The Dems dropped Franken pretty quickly. In this environment it would make sense for them to disavow this guy too and put up another quality candidate in a pretty safe seat.
    He took gifts from a close rich doctor friend, and he then helped the friend out with a Medicare fraud case. He says the two things aren't related, but he also failed to mention the gifts on a disclosure form. Whether that meets a technical legal definition of a crime, I have no idea but it sure doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    He took gifts from a close rich doctor friend, and he then helped the friend out with a Medicare fraud case. He says the two things aren't related, but he also failed to mention the gifts on a disclosure form. Whether that meets a technical legal definition of a crime, I have no idea but it sure doesn't look good.
    Kushner does that 4 times a week.

Kick them both out.

Anybody see Rob Reiner on Fox News last night with Laura Ingraham?
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Anybody see Rob Reiner on Fox News last night with Laura Ingraham?
    I saw it. A lot more civil then I thought it would be. Cracked me up about his father saying that if he wakes up in the AM if his obit isn't in the newspaper he eats breakfast. Pretty sharp for 96.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    In case you haven’t noticed and I know you have, in America it is the American way to get as much money into the hands of the wealthy. They will do the right thing and trickle it down.
    and it has been perfected as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    David Frum with the most succinct, damning, and depressing statement on the current GOP.

Republicans know their agenda isn't popular. Instead of trying to work within the guidelines that society wants from its government, they've given up on governing and may give up on democracy.
    another reason why they're for limiting who can vote.

at some point, you have to look at a person's actions. and his sample size is big enough.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    I saw it. A lot more civil then I thought it would be. Cracked me up about his father saying that if he wakes up in the AM if his obit isn't in the newspaper he eats breakfast. Pretty sharp for 96.
    I thought Rob got the better of her overall. He came across as well educated and politely aggressive.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

I thought Rob got the better of her overall. He came across as well educated and politely aggressive.
    He's no Meathead.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

I've seen Rob on other cable shows and he came across just the way you described. Some appearances were with his Dad. They were a great tag team especially on Tucker's show.
    I think he did get the best of her but he was a gentleman about it. When she's backed in to a corner she gets nervous and just keeps rambling. She did that when talking if 45* was a racist.
    It was a good interview, though.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    He's no Meathead.
    Is he more of a Sheldn?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Is he more of a Sheldn?
    HEY...

You got that name right. Most people leave in the o.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    HEY...

You got that name right. Most people leave in the o.
    Hey is for hrses.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Thread Information