+ Reply to Thread
Page 919 of 929 FirstFirst ... 419 819 869 909 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 ... LastLast
Results 22,951 to 22,975 of 23219
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Good article on how a guaranteed basic income experiment is going in Stockton. Small sample size stuff obviously but interesting.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...stockton-trial
    #YangGang

The New York Times‏Verified account @nytimes
    Shepard Smith, the chief news anchor of Fox News who has traded jabs with the network’s pro-Trump pundits, abruptly announced his departure
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Devoted Member

Things must be getting heated over there.

Too bad he's leaving, though. I like the idea of someone on that station resisting the Kool-Aid

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post

Too bad he's leaving, though. I like the idea of someone on that station resisting the Kool-Aid
    Yeah, he was the only semi- decent one, IIRC.

NYYF Legend

Right after Barr met with Murdoch.

Elizabeth Warren Reportedly ‘Courting’ Andrew Gillum as Possible VP Pick

https://www.theroot.com/elizabeth-wa...-as-1838958614

Could a Warren-Gillum ticket be in the works? An election 2020 ticket featuring Democratic presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Gillum, the Democratic former mayor of Tallahassee, Fla., who came thisclose to being the Sunshine State’s first black governor?

The Massachusetts senator’s camp says that’s not at all in the cards. But the Daily Beast reports that its sources say that Warren is indeed “courting” Gillum.
    YES, PLEASE. I'd prefer Stacey Abrams, but he's bad ass, too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    YES, PLEASE. I'd prefer Stacey Abrams, but he's bad ass, too.
    I know this will sound sexist, but I think there is zero pecent chance that is Warren in the nominee, that she will also have a female VP on the ticket.

Now if one of the men should come away with the democratic nomination, I could see her being in play for VP spot on ticket.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I know this will sound sexist, but I think there is zero pecent chance that is Warren in the nominee, that she will also have a female VP on the ticket.

Now if one of the men should come away with the democratic nomination, I could see her being in play for VP spot on ticket.
    I hope she would turn that down. VP is kind of a dud job. She can do more good staying in the Senate.

NYYF Legend

I hope she would turn that down. VP is kind of a dud job. She can do more good staying in the Senate.
    Well she'd have to get elected to Senate to start doing anything in it. She was in GA House of Reps before running and losing the Ga Gov race. I don't think she's currently in any elected position.
    Baseball is life;

I agree but I can dream. It's just bull................. It's been fine and dandy to have all-male tickets since... forever.

I hate society.

Well she'd have to get elected to Senate to start doing anything in it. She was in GA House of Reps before running and losing the Ga Gov race. I don't think she's currently in any elected position.
    Tex is talking about Warren.

Agreed.

Tex is talking about Warren.
    Why would she have been talking about Warren turning down the VP job?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Because he mentioned Warren by name in the first paragraph so I thought he was referencing her in the second. :shrug:
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

NYYF Legend

Because he mentioned Warren by name in the first paragraph so I thought he was referencing her in the second. :shrug:
    Ah I see. Yeah I doubt Warren's interested in VP job and if Warren isn't the nominee it's probably Biden or Bernie and I can't see a ticket with two 70+ on it.

But to clarify I was talking about Stacey Abrams who jen brought up.
    Baseball is life;

Because this:

Because this:

I see. I only said that because I figured Tex was following the conversation.

I see. I only said that because I figured Tex was following the conversation.
    Nah. I'm eating potato chips and waiting for some baseball to watch. It's been one of those days.

Russia is bombing Syrian HOSPITALS. My heart aches.

https://news.yahoo.com/12-hours-4-sy...sf_akfmevaatca

Russia is bombing Syrian HOSPITALS. My heart aches.

https://news.yahoo.com/12-hours-4-sy...sf_akfmevaatca
    The Kurds are, understandably, allying themselves with the Assad government and, hence, Iran and the Russians.

I don’t need the US needs to be the world's policemen. I do think, though, that it served our interests to be taken seriously as an influence in the region - elven a hegemonic power (if exercised lightly). That’s out the window.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post

Maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Right after Barr met with Murdoch.
    Nothing shady about that at all.

The Kurds are, understandably, allying themselves with the Assad government and, hence, Iran and the Russians.

I don’t need the US needs to be the world's policemen. I do think, though, that it served our interests to be taken seriously as an influence in the region - elven a hegemonic power (if exercised lightly). That’s out the window.
    I can't imagine allying with a brutal dictator such as Assad. I'm just... heartbroken.

I know way too many people who feign concern over embryos but give no ducks (yes, ducks) about the slaughter of Kurdish people.

I can't imagine allying with a brutal dictator such as Assad. I'm just... heartbroken.

I know way too many people who feign concern over embryos but give no ducks (yes, ducks) about the slaughter of Kurdish people.
    The embryos are white. The Kurds are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    The embryos are white. The Kurds are not.
    Not all the embryos are white. They just want to control female bodies.

NYYF Legend

I can't blame them if the alternative is death by genocide.

Thread Information