+ Reply to Thread
Page 641 of 641 FirstFirst ... 141 541 591 631 638 639 640 641
Results 16,001 to 16,025 of 16025

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

I find it darkly funny that the whitehouse can assassinate citizens with less due process that it takes to remove someones press pass. Crazy times.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ress-pass.html

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Good job Donnie. All the winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    I find it darkly funny that the whitehouse can assassinate citizens with less due process that it takes to remove someones press pass. Crazy times.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ress-pass.html
    Nothing at all funny about that, but I'm not sure what the connection is.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Nothing at all funny about that, but I'm not sure what the connection is.
    The point is the our government has the power to drone its citizens to death but cant keep Jim Acosta out of press briefings.

She's not even trying to hide it.

https://twitter.com/LamarWhiteJr/sta...92983254822912
    Cindy Hyde-Smith on voter suppression: "And then they remind me, that there's a lot of liberal folks in those other schools who that maybe we don't want to vote. Maybe we want to make it just a little more difficult. And I think that's a great idea." Nov 3rd in Starkville, MS.

The point is the our government has the power to drone its citizens to death but cant keep Jim Acosta out of press briefings.
    Well, it's good to know that there's an occasional line they can't cross. They shouldn't be allowed to deny access to adversarial reporters, even if it's not the worst thing they can get away with.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Well, it's good to know that there's an occasional line they can't cross. They shouldn't be allowed to deny access to adversarial reporters, even if it's not the worst thing they can get away with.
    I agree. Just find it strange that they can get away with one, but not the other.

I agree. Just find it strange that they can get away with one, but not the other.
    The assassination of al-Awlaki was an appalling abuse of the Constitution.
    - Barry Manilow

The assassination of al-Awlaki was an appalling abuse of the Constitution.
    Crazy. And rarely talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    That is both appalling and deeply unamerican.

Edit: Actually disenfranchising minorities is very American. But shouldn't be.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    That is both appalling and deeply unamerican.

Edit: Actually disenfranchising minorities is very American. But shouldn't be.
    Cindy Hyde-Smith also talked about happily going to a public hanging last week so she's hitting all the Mississippi beats.

I've been doing text banking this election season. I have sent texts to people in 6 states and by far the most rude and obnoxious people have been from Mississippi.

Crazy. And rarely talked about.

It was talked about a lot when it happened, but even the GOP didn't want to tie themselves TOO closely with a member of Al Qaeda. It was a an abuse of power, for sure, but there is a very big difference between an American who spent years recruiting for Al Qaeda, and a CNN reporter asking Trump questions he doesn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    It was talked about a lot when it happened, but even the GOP didn't want to tie themselves TOO closely with a member of Al Qaeda. It was a an abuse of power, for sure, but there is a very big difference between an American who spent years recruiting for Al Qaeda, and a CNN reporter asking Trump questions he doesn't like.
    Of course there is. I think you missed my point. I was saying that its strange our government has the power to drone a citizen to death but cant keep Jim Acosta out of press briefings. (And im not saying he should be kept away either)

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Cindy Hyde-Smith also talked about happily going to a public hanging last week so she's hitting all the Mississippi beats.

I've been doing text banking this election season. I have sent texts to people in 6 states and by far the most rude and obnoxious people have been from Mississippi.
    I've been doing texting in Georgia and Mississippi. The Georgia folks were generally quite friendly. The Mississippi ones were decidedly less so.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I've been doing texting in Georgia and Mississippi. The Georgia folks were generally quite friendly. The Mississippi ones were decidedly less so.
    Abrams conceded

Edit: she didn’t concede, rather acknowledged Kemp would be declared the winner.
    Last edited by YankeePride1967; Yesterday at 08:25 PM.
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

Of course there is. I think you missed my point. I was saying that its strange our government has the power to drone a citizen to death but cant keep Jim Acosta out of press briefings. (And im not saying he should be kept away either)
    And im saying its just silly to compare the two. Jim Acosta isnt trying to raise arms against the US. There’s likely a lot of crap that the government does that is more egregious than banning Acosta... we probably don’t even have to think that hard to find some (like the second Iraqi war) But you likely brought up this incident because it happened during Obama’s tenure. And thatks just silly.

Yeah, there wasn’t a whole lot of right wing call for Bowe Bergdahl’s due process.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.272c65b37473

The CIA has concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul last month, contradicting the Saudi government’s claims that he was not involved in the killing, according to people familiar with the matter.

The CIA’s assessment, in which officials have said they have high confidence, is the most definitive to date linking Mohammed to the operation and complicates the Trump administration’s efforts to preserve its relationship with a close ally.
    "Forget the myths the media created about the White House. The truth is, these aren't very bright guys, and things got out of hand." RIP William Goldman

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Yeah, there wasn’t a whole lot of right wing call for Bowe Bergdahl’s due process.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    And im saying its just silly to compare the two. Jim Acosta isnt trying to raise arms against the US. There’s likely a lot of crap that the government does that is more egregious than banning Acosta... we probably don’t even have to think that hard to find some (like the second Iraqi war) But you likely brought up this incident because it happened during Obama’s tenure. And thatks just silly.
    Again, im not comparing one to the other. I would think it would be much harder to get the ok to drone a US citizen to death than to get the ok to keep a certain reporter out of the whitehouse. Yet one was done with ease and one was not.

What does that have to do with anything? Bergdahl had a trial heard by a judge, he didnt do any prison time.

What does that have to do with anything? Bergdahl had a trial heard by a judge, he didnt do any prison time.
    “Leave him there” was the unanimous stance of Hannity-listening types.

“Leave him there” was the unanimous stance of Hannity-listening types.
    Im sure it was.

well ................
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    well ................
    The report that Trump looked into returning Gulen to Turkey if Erdogan would go easy on MBS was deeply disturbing.

Thread Information