+ Reply to Thread
Page 485 of 485 FirstFirst ... 385 435 475 482 483 484 485
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 12120

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

And the idiot who lied and forged a diploma has now admitted she didn't graduate, said she didn't mean to deceive anyone (wut), and will continue her campaign.

Reject Fascism

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    And the idiot who lied and forged a diploma has now admitted she didn't graduate, said she didn't mean to deceive anyone (wut), and will continue her campaign.
    Meh. If she supports Trump they will say it is an alternative fact that she graduated
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Reject Fascism

https://m.ctpost.com/business/articl...t-13146661.php

WASHINGTON - Rising prices have erased U.S. workers' meager wage gains, the latest sign strong economic growth has not translated into greater prosperity for most middle- and working-class Americans.

Please tell me again how this is a tax cut that helps the middle class? Come on more propaganda!

Reject Fascism

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3675aae740b9

Over 300 priests in Pennsylvania accused of sexually abusing over 1,000 children. Covered up by the Catholic Church.

One of many reasons I stay clear of organized religion.

Multistate Outbreak of Cyclosporiasis Linked to Fresh Express Salad Mix Sold at McDonald’s Restaurants — United States, 2018

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/cyclos...318/index.html

Fresh Express reported to FDA that the carrots in the mix went to McDonald’s restaurant locations only, and that the romaine lettuce was the only ingredient in the mix that was distributed to other locations. Romaine lettuce from the same lot that was positive for Cyclospora was distributed in pre-made salads and wraps distributed by Caito Foods LLC of
    Indianapolis, IN. Fresh Express also reported that no romaine lettuce from the lot that was
    positive for Cyclospora was packaged for direct retail sale to consumers.

Important advice for consumers:
    If you purchased one of these pre-made salads or wraps, and have not yet eaten it, do not eat it.
    Throw it away or return it to the place of purchase.

If you have eaten one of these pre-made salads or wraps and you developed diarrhea, see a healthcare provider to be tested for Cyclospora infection and to be treated if you are sick

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    https://m.ctpost.com/business/articl...t-13146661.php

WASHINGTON - Rising prices have erased U.S. workers' meager wage gains, the latest sign strong economic growth has not translated into greater prosperity for most middle- and working-class Americans.

Please tell me again how this is a tax cut that helps the middle class? Come on more propaganda!
    40 years of trickle down economics and it's never worked once.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...for-california

Every single thing that comes out of this administration is a lie. Let's blame environmentalists and not the QAnon guy they actually arrested for arson last week.

Zinke blames 'environmental terrorist groups' for scale of California wildfires

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is blaming "environmental terrorist" groups for the deadly forest fires ripping through California.

Zinke, who visited neighborhoods ravaged by the state's largest wildfire ever over the weekend and on Monday, said environmentalists and green regulations in California made the fires much worse.

"We have been held hostage by these environmental terrorist groups that have not allowed public access — that have refused to allow [the] harvest of timber,” Zinke told Brietbart radio over the weekend.

Reject Fascism

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    40 years of trickle down economics and it's never worked once.
    And the same suckers keep buying it.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/08...restelmania-35

SI: There's a rumor that at WrestleMania, it's going to be Roman Reings vs. The Rock. When you hear that, what's the first thing that pops into your head?
    SR: I’d like it to be Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins.

SI: What about Seth Rollins vs. The Rock?
    SR: That’s cool, too. Don’t get me wrong. I love Rocky. I think he’s great. Love everything he’s done for this business. But my gut, my first instinct, says we don’t need him. We don't need him. If we’re not the guys who can main event WrestleMania, then how are we ever gonna be The Rock? How are we gonna be Stone Cold Steve Austin? We can’t hold onto these guys forever. We just can’t. To me, let’s do Seth Rollins-Roman Reigns before we do Seth Rollins-The Rock. That's me.

SI: But do you see how it's good for business to bring in that Rock audience or do you not care?
    SR: I see that perspective 100 percent. I get it. There’s nothing wrong with growing, getting bigger and putting more eyes on your product. I totally understand that. I get it. But at some point, we gotta move on from that.

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bbb9a203fa49

Add another layer to the legal drama surrounding the Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple — and took his case all the way to the Supreme Court.

Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colo., on Tuesday filed another federal lawsuit against the state alleging religious discrimination.

This time, the cake at the center of the controversy was not for a wedding. In June 2017, Colorado lawyer Autumn Scardina called Masterpiece Cakeshop to request a custom cake that was blue on the outside and pink on the inside.

The occasion, Scardina told the bakery’s employees, was to celebrate her birthday, as well as the seventh anniversary of the day she had come out as transgender.

Masterpiece Cakeshop ultimately refused Scardina’s order on religious grounds.

“Phillips declined to create the cake with the blue-and-pink design because it would have celebrated messages contrary to his religious belief that sex — the status of being male or female — is given by God, is biologically determined, is not determined by perceptions or feelings, and cannot be chosen or changed,” the complaint stated.

More than a year later, on June 28, the Colorado Civil Rights Commission ruled that there was probable cause that Phillips had discriminated against Scardina on the basis of gender identity.

In refusing to make a cake for the transgender woman, Phillips had “denied her equal enjoyment of a place of public accommodation,” Aubrey Elenis, director of the Colorado Civil Rights Division, wrote in her ruling.

What is....Attention-whore-snowflake.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...gration/221006

Said on national TV. Fox News is a cancer.

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): Let me ask you real quick? Why does nobody-- I totally get that and I actually hate litter which is one of the reasons I'm so against illegal immigration. It produces a huge amount of litter. Huge amount of litter. And I mean that with total sincerity.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    What is....Attention-whore-snowflake.
    Jack Phillips? Or, Autumn Scardina?

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Jack Phillips? Or, Autumn Scardina?
    I assumed he meant the cake maker who doesn't like to make cakes.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I assumed he meant the cake maker who doesn't like to make cakes.
    I know who he meant. But, if you go to a baker who you KNOW will refuse to do what you have in mind (whether you agree with his rationale or not), who's the attention whore? I'd contend it's NOT the baker.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I know who he meant. But, if you go to a baker who you KNOW will refuse to do what you have in mind (whether you agree with his rationale or not), who's the attention whore? I'd contend it's NOT the baker.
    I don't know if it would have been obvious that pink-blue symbolism would have offended his religious sensibilities.

In any case, I wouldn't describe either one as an attention whore, but the actions of both are probably aimed specifically at setting up the next test case.. The Masterpiece decision really did nothing to resolve the basic issues, so both sides are going to want to go back to court.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

The debate over Donald Trump’s alleged n-word tape, explained

While this debate largely focuses on the president, it is not just about him and his alleged use of a racial slur. On a broader scale, this is a debate about the definition of racism, and the ways that racism gets framed as the shameful behavior of individuals rather than systemic inequities created to maintain power.

That Trump allegedly saying the n-word is positioned as eye-opening proof of his racism is part of a larger issue that continues to paint racism as solely being about bad words and deeds rather than policy and white supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Meh. If she supports Trump they will say it is an alternative fact that she graduated
    Her team did initially announce they weren't going to bother responding to "fake news" regarding her non-graduation.

But I am happy to report that she finally decided to drop out.

This all day.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Reject Fascism

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Her team did initially announce they weren't going to bother responding to "fake news" regarding her non-graduation.

But I am happy to report that she finally decided to drop out.
    I did see that. Surprised. In this day truth doesn’t normally matter

Thread Information