+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 265 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 261 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 6616
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Nightmare scenario. Moore wins, Senate refuses to seat him. GOP talks Sessions into taking his old seat back. Trump hires HIS AG. Mueller fired.
    Again, Mueller can only be fired for cause: "misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of departmental policies." The Senate's not going to confirm anyone who won’t commit to that. Trump could decide to invalidate that regulation, but then he’s just begging for impeachment proceedings.

NYYF Legend

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Again, Mueller can only be fired for cause: "misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of departmental policies." The Senate's not going to confirm anyone who won’t commit to that. Trump could decide to invalidate that regulation, but then he’s just begging for impeachment proceedings.
    Well if the AG is no longer recused no need for a SI. And I have no doubt they will find cause and don’t count on the Senate to do what is right. Also counting on Trump to do the logical thing is also unwise
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Well if the AG is no longer recused no need for a SI. And I have no doubt they will find cause and don’t count on the Senate to do what is right. Also counting on Trump to do the logical thing is also unwise
    Once he’s appointed, you can’t just say he’s not needed anymore. And finding cause won’t be so easy, especially with Mueller, who is the straightest of straight arrows.

NYYF Legend

Once he’s appointed, you can’t just say he’s not needed anymore. And finding cause won’t be so easy, especially with Mueller, who is the straightest of straight arrows.
    Well I have zero faith that this administration will follow the rules. We will see. The results may in the end likely won’t end up in Trump’s favor but trump they said wouldn’t win the GOP nomination until he did. No way would he become President until he now is. I will believe the Mueller investigation will continue to its conclusion only if it does. 1 plus 1no logger equals 2
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, Mueller isn't getting fired, at least not yet. First part of YP1967's scenario makes sense i think though. There will be no "write-in" bid. McConnell playing heel "Washington" wrestler for Alabama dum-dum voters, raise support for Moore, then when he wins refuse to seat him, expel, Alabama guv appoints GOP replacement. No Jones.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Yeah, Mueller isn't getting fired, at least not yet. First part of YP1967's scenario makes sense i think though. There will be no "write-in" bid. McConnell playing heel "Washington" wrestler for Alabama dum-dum voters, raise support for Moore, then when he wins refuse to seat him, expel, Alabama guv appoints GOP replacement. No Jones.
    Don’t think he will get fired either. Just said that was the nightmare scenerio. I never underestimate Trump’s ability to ignore logic and try. Even though it is highly unlikely he would succeed, I think he can make a temporary mess of things

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Oh good-- ojo's here with his weekly ad hominem attack.

I'd ask you what that has to do with what I said but we both know you don't have an answer.

Back under your rock until next time.
    [Moderator]

Please look through the Community Standards. Better to ignore someone's remarks if you don't like them, than to suggest they crawl under a rock.

The goal is to treat each other with a certain degree of respect.

[/Moderator]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

But something something uranium Clinton foundation cash pizzagate conspiracy! Mueller is clearly compromised.

NYYF Legend

That's why you've bought Volvos?

You buy cars based on what you think their corporate political leanings might be?
    I'd rather not buy a car from a company who advertises on a show that supports pedophelia.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Well, buying and smashing a Volvo is going to take a lot more resources and commitment than buying and smashing a Keurig.
    Ha ha. I was thinking the same.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Oh good-- ojo's here with his weekly ad hominem attack.

I'd ask you what that has to do with what I said but we both know you don't have an answer.

Back under your rock until next time.
    Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like Ojo was taking a swipe at Hanity for being a first class a-hole in supporting Moore after the allegations and the fine people of Alabama who said they are now more likely to support Moore knowing he was a serial pervert chasing high school girls in his 30s.
    Baseball is life;

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Hannity has gone off the deep end. It's really amazing how low he's willing to go to defend the Trump agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I'd rather not buy a car from a company who advertises on a show that supports pedophelia.
    Exactly. Other then being a top of the line vehicles engineered for highway safety Volvo in the past has taken staunch stances on social issues. Plus Volvo continues to invest their resources for environmental projections. Safety and a positive environmental concerned company wins in my book.
    I also don't use any Koch brothers products.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Exactly. Other then being a top of the line vehicles engineered for highway safety Volvo in the past has taken staunch stances on social issues. Plus Volvo continues to invest their resources for environmental projections. Safety and a positive environmental concerned company wins in my book.
    I also don't use any Koch brothers products.
    I don't know if someone advertising on Hannity would be make or break for me. I don't watch Hannity so I really don't know who is sponsors are.

But this sure seems like the free market in action that Republican's seem to love. If Hannity wants to take an unpopular opinion like backing the actions of a pedophile and attempted rapist he should realize he's going to suffer the economic backlash of sponsors pulling their adverts who don't want to be affiliated with grown men trying to bang high school girls. I mean that seem pretty obvious to everyone but Hannity who wants you to break your Kuerig for pulling their support from him.
    Baseball is life;

I have really tried to stay away these threads because I absolutely hate them and what theyve done to friendships on this forum. But this is actually #fakenews

I heard the interview. In fact he was praised by the left for the hard questions he asked immediately after he did it.

The only thing Hannity said was that he believes in the presumption of innocence. That is what is being taken out of context. Which is something we should ALL believe in. I know that it's not looking good, but it should still remain.

Hannity or Fox does NOT support pedophilia. This is a ridiculous statement to make. Even if they did, it would be suicide to make that apparent on tv, radio, podcasts, etc.

I don't care how anyone here wants to spin it because they hate Hannity or Fox News. I heard the interview. Do your thing. This is out of context, wrong, and #fakenews. But, feel free to eat it up. (not directed at you YT, just a general statement)
    ”What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades.”

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I have really tried to stay away these threads because I absolutely hate them and what theyve done to friendships on this forum. But this is actually #fakenews

I heard the interview. In fact he was praised by the left for the hard questions he asked immediately after he did it.

The only thing Hannity said was that he believes in the presumption of innocence. That is what is being taken out of context. Which is something we should ALL believe in. I know that it's not looking good, but it should still remain.

Hannity or Fox does NOT support pedophilia. This is a ridiculous statement to make. Even if they did, it would be suicide to make that apparent on tv, radio, podcasts, etc.

I don't care how anyone here wants to spin it because they hate Hannity or Fox News. I heard the interview. Do your thing. This is out of context, wrong, and #fakenews. But, feel free to eat it up. (not directed at you YT, just a general statement)
    I was talking about Hanity's initial exchange on the subject when the 14 year old came forward which I found noting short of utterly disgusting and revolting on Hanitty's part. And the co host he was with was even worse saying "and it was consensual" as if a 14 year old can consent with a 32 year old.
    Baseball is life;

I was talking about Hanity's initial exchange on the subject when the 14 year old came forward which I found noting short of utterly disgusting and revolting on Hanitty's part. And the co host he was with was even worse saying "and it was consensual" as if a 14 year old can consent with a 32 year old.
    I didn't hear that. I heard the interview with the slimy Moore guy about propositioning high school girls. It was a hard hitting interview. Hannity did not hold back.

I will go back further and see what you're talking about.
    ”What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades.”

NYYF Legend

I didn't hear that. I heard the interview with the slimy Moore guy about propositioning high school girls. It was a hard hitting interview. Hannity did not hold back.

He claimed he was talking about the older teenagers consenting. Pffft.

NYYF Legend

It was before the interview. I can't find the exact exchange but I think I posted it earlier in one of the threads.

I didn't watch the interview.

But anyone at this point who isn't willing to distance themselves from Moore is a pretty slimy human being in my book. He's not a Christian, he's a hypocrite.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    He claimed he was talking about the older teenagers consenting. Pffft.
    That's what I heard. And Hannity asked him flat out if he thought it was appropriate for a 32 year old man to proposition 17 & 18 year old girls. He was also asked about the 14 year old.

It was before the interview.

I didn't watch the interview.

But anyone at this point who isn't willing to distance themselves from Moore is a pretty slimy human being in my book. He's not a Christian, he's a hypocrite.
    When I heard the interview I believed the guy was guilty. His answers are disturbing. His tone, his voice, he seemed like a deer in headlights.

The only issue I have here is putting this on Hannity. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, I've said many times the guy is a whackadoodle. Entertaining at times but repetitive and way off base on many things.

If they argued that a 14 year old consenting is okay, I'm on board with you. If they were arguing the 14 year old consented because that's the difference between rape and statutory rape, I can see why someone would do that if they were representing the defendant. But not on a news station, and it's not okay either way. If what you say is true, I join you in the disgust. The man should lose is junk for this. And I want to know who the guest was who said that.

I retract my comments for now. But I do urge you all to listen to Hannity grilling Moore.

NYYF Legend

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.077c185e5682

When you're an Alabama Republican and you've lost Beauregard you've probably gone too far.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

I am the last one to defend Hannity but in the interview with Moore on Friday I think he asked him the right questions and at least four times Moore could have flatly denied it but instead something like “I never dated anyone without her parents permission”. If she’s of age, why do you need her mother’s permission? If despite this Moore wins I give up on politics

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.077c185e5682

When you're an Alabama Republican and you've lost Beauregard you've probably gone too far.
    I don’t think Alabama Republicans have ever felt much love for Roy Moore.

I am the last one to defend Hannity but in the interview with Moore on Friday I think he asked him the right questions and at least four times Moore could have flatly denied it but instead something like “I never dated anyone without her parents permission”. If she’s of age, why do you need her mother’s permission? If despite this Moore wins I give up on politics
    That's exactly what I took out of that interview. But you can hear it in the guy's voice. He's been caught. Many of his answers were one or two words and very shaky. It really disturbed me.

I don’t think Alabama Republicans have ever felt much love for Roy Moore.
    The Republican Machine doesn't like Moore, but Alabama Republicans went 55% to 45% for Moore over Luther Strange.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Thread Information