+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 202 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 5049

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Based on what we're seeing I agree; it appears to be intentional. I suppose the investigators are going to cover all their bases, including speculating that the crowd might have been throwing stuff prior to to what was captured on film.
    Curious, where did you see the report you mentioned?
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Taylor Lorenz of The Hill tweeted that but has since said that witnesses all say it was intentional. She was apparently punched in the face filming a video of it. https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz?ref...ist-rally.html

Either CNN or Fox...was switching back and forth during coverage. Wasn't watching at the time, just heard it in the background.

Edit - Julie Banderas on Fox.

Three reported fatalities per Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe.

Edit: I believe that number includes two state troopers killed in a helicopter crash.

Ugly.

This would be funny if it was The Onion...........but it's not.

Russia warns US not to meddle in its elections

Source: USA Today

Russian....foreign minister Sergei Lavrov....warned Washington on Friday against trying to meddle in next month's....Russian regional elections.

"I do not know what plans the U.S. embassy has, ​​but there were many episodes when American diplomats were seen in illegal activities," Lavrov said, the state-owned TASS news agency reported. "The relevant services should take appropriate measures."....

"I think it's in the American tradition, maybe they do not even consider it an intervention, because they can all do it and it's in their blood," Lavrov said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...cid=spartanntp

NYYF Legend

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/cha...dd0908PMVODtop

Driver of car that rammed the protesters identified and charged with second degree murder.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

I hope when right-wingers look up and see the eclipse at the exact time and location as predicted, that they will contact the team of scientists involved and get the opinion of each one on man's role in climate change.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I hope when right-wingers look up and see the eclipse at the exact time and location as predicted, that they will contact the team of scientists involved and get the opinion of each one on man's role in climate change.
    I just hope they stare directly at the eclipse for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/cha...dd0908PMVODtop

Driver of car that rammed the protesters identified and charged with second degree murder.
    He should be charged with terrorism.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    He should be charged with terrorism.
    Agreed as that is what that was.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

I saw a tweet from Mitt Romney that I liked.

Racial prejudice, then hate, then repugnant speech, then a repulsive rally, then murder; not supremacy, barbarism.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Trump wants to deport people? Start with these piles of crap.
    the first thing that strikes me in that photo is what a bunch of pathetic self entitled ignorant assholes
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    the first thing that strikes me in that photo is what a bunch of pathetic self entitled ignorant assholes
    Exactly.

At this point I don't think there are many members of the Republican party who haven't come out more strongly about this than their leader. There's a reason for that: because it should be the easiest thing in the world to denounce actual Nazis. It is a political slam dunk. Trump somehow managed to miss the rim entirely with it. As far as I can tell, the only major administration figure who has mentioned white supremacy is Ivanka Trump.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

At this point I don't think there are many members of the Republican party who haven't come out more strongly about this than their leader. There's a reason for that: because it should be the easiest thing in the world to denounce actual Nazis. It is a political slam dunk. Trump somehow managed to miss the rim entirely with it. As far as I can tell, the only major administration figure who has mentioned white supremacy is Ivanka Trump.
    Donald Trump came up looking small which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

NYYF Legend

Donald Trump came up looking small which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    Ivanka tweeted a message Domald should have said

NYYF Legend

Ivanka tweeted a message Domald should have said
    And she's getting way too much credit for it, too. She'd deserve credit if she said "I guess I'll be the adult in the room and state the obvious: [message denouncing nazis]"
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

Charlottesville mayor on Trump: 'Look at the campaign he ran'

Source: CNN

Charlottesville Democratic mayor Michael Signer said Sunday that President Donald Trump had emboldened organized racists who caused the racially charged violence in his city over the weekend.

"Look at the campaign he ran," Signer said on CNN's "State of the Union."

Signer called on everyone to join together to recognize and combat racism, adding that the effort should include Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/13/politi...ntv/index.html

Video at the link.

The mayor has also said he places blame at the doorstep of the White House.

Good tweet.

https://apnews.com/7038efa32f324d8ea9fa2ff7eadf8f20

American tourist gives Nazi salute in Germany, is beaten up

BERLIN (AP) — Police say a drunken American man was punched by a passer-by as he gave the stiff-armed Nazi salute multiple times in downtown Dresden.

Dresden police said Sunday the 41-year-old, whose name and hometown weren’t given for privacy reasons, suffered minor injuries in the 8:15 a.m. Saturday assault.

Police say the American, who is under investigation for violating Germany’s laws against the display of Nazi symbols or slogans, had an extremely high blood alcohol level. His assailant fled the scene, and is being sought for causing bodily harm.

It’s the second time this month that tourists have gotten themselves into legal trouble for giving the Nazi salute.

On August 5 two Chinese tourists were caught taking photos of themselves making the gesture in front of Berlin’s Reichstag building.

More photos from Charlottesville: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/gal...12/index.html?

National Security Adviser McMaster on Charlottesville: "Of Course it Was Terrorism"

Source: Slate

Aug. 13 2017 7:53 PM

When a car plowed into a crowd of counter-protesters in Charlottesville on Saturday, killing one person, there was lots of back-and-forth about whether that action could be classified as terrorism. For National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster though, there really isn’t much to debate. “Certainly I think we can confidently call it a form of terrorism,” McMaster said on NBC’s Meet the Press. “What terrorism is is the use of violence to incite terror and fear, and of course it was terrorism.”

McMaster espoused the same message on ABC’s This Week although he seemed to take a more careful stance, suggesting the killing was more a “criminal” act than terrorism. “I certainly think any time that you commit an attack against people to incite fear, it is terrorism. It meets the definition of terrorism,” he said. "What you see here, is a criminal act. A criminal act that may be motivated by this hatred and bigotry.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/08

McMaster's days in the WH are now numbered

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...rnd=1502711945

GoDaddy shuts white supremacist website off their platform

GoDaddy, one of the largest internet domain name companies, has reportedly kicked a white supremacy website out of their platform after the website posted an article bashing the woman who died in anti-fasicsm protests in Charlottesville, Va., Saturday.

The Daily Stormer published a story hinting that the woman, Heather Heyer, died in a “road rage incident” and included insults to her appearance and alleged personal life.

“Heather Heyer: Woman Killed in Road Rage Incident, was a Fat, Childless, 32-Year-Old Slut,” the headline reads.

Thread Information