+ Reply to Thread
Page 695 of 720 FirstFirst ... 195 595 645 685 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 705 ... LastLast
Results 17,351 to 17,375 of 17979
  1. #17351

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Go on...
    A lot of the media and celebrities donít mention the fact she executed him while he was sleeping and robbed him after the fact. Thatís not self defense
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  2. #17352
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Cyntonia brown, itís amazing to me how many people donít know the facts about this story
    Itís a terrible story. Clemency was the right call, but I hope sheís provided with some kind of support system when sheís released.

  3. #17353

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    A lot of the media and celebrities donít mention the fact she executed him while he was sleeping and robbed him after the fact. Thatís not self defense
    She was a child sex slave and he bought her. I feel no remorse for him. Only for her.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

    --Audre Lorde

  4. #17354

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    She was a child sex slave and he bought her. I feel no remorse for him. Only for her.
    Wrong. She was not bought. This is a lie. Read the case. They met at a sonic where they came to a deal of 150 dollars. There’s also no evidence that’s shows he knew she was a child
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  5. #17355

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Itís a terrible story. Clemency was the right call, but I hope sheís provided with some kind of support system when sheís released.
    My beef isnít with that. Itís with the media and celebrities blatantly lying about the case
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  6. #17356
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    My beef isnít with that. Itís with the media and celebrities blatantly lying about the case
    I donít think theyíre blatantly lying. Some of the "facts" leave a lot of room for interpretation.

    It doesnít matter, though. Her conviction wasnít overturned, so legally the facts are still as the jury determined them. Her sentence was just reduced, and appropriately so.

  7. #17357

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I donít think theyíre blatantly lying. Some of the "facts" leave a lot of room for interpretation.

    It doesnít matter, though. Her conviction wasnít overturned, so legally the facts are still as the jury determined them. Her sentence was just reduced, and appropriately so.
    Itís eother blatant lying or just horrible horrible irresponsible journalism. The facts are easily accessible
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  8. #17358
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Itís eother blatant lying or just horrible horrible irresponsible journalism. The facts are easily accessible
    They are not as unambiguous as you seem to think, but what difference does it make! Why, of all the cases in the world, does this one matter so much to you?

  9. #17359

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Wrong. She was not bought. This is a lie. Read the case. They met at a sonic where they came to a deal of 150 dollars. Thereís also no evidence thatís shows he knew she was a child
    She wasn't a willing participant. Her boyfriend/pimp sold her. And she was 15. I don't care if he knew; she was still a child. I think she should be pardoned.

    This isn't the hill to die on, at any rate.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

    --Audre Lorde

  10. #17360
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Cyntonia brown, itís amazing to me how many people donít know the facts about this story
    I think it's even more amazing that people can know the facts of this story and still believe that justice was served with the initial sentence.

  11. #17361

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    They are not as unambiguous as you seem to think, but what difference does it make! Why, of all the cases in the world, does this one matter so much to you?
    The forensic evidence is strong. If you’ve got a fact you can dispute, dispute it. Also it matters because its getting a lot of attention and after reading the case a lot of it is being lied about and misrepresented by media and celebrities. It’s important that it be called out
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    She wasn't a willing participant. Her boyfriend/pimp sold her. And she was 15. I don't care if he knew; she was still a child. I think she should be pardoned.

    This isn't the hill to die on, at any rate.
    Again, her boyfriend/pimp did not sell her to this man, and she was 16 when she killed the victim, please recheck the story
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I think it's even more amazing that people can know the facts of this story and still believe that justice was served with the initial sentence.
    She shouldn’t have been tried as an adult. That was ridiculous
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  12. #17362
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    I canít imagine the state of mind this poor child must have been in after what she suffered. Enough victim blaming. Only crime is that she spent one second in jail.

  13. #17363

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I canít imagine the state of mind this poor child must have been in after what she suffered. Enough victim blaming. Only crime is that she spent one second in jail.
    Ahhh. This is what people do. Instead of providing anything they just default to victim blaming which itís not.
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  14. #17364
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Ahhh. This is what people do. Instead of providing anything they just default to victim blaming which itís not.
    Well, she was a victim. He did rape her.

  15. #17365

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Well, she was a victim. He did rape her.
    She was raped by her pimp/boyfriend. Not by the person she murdered. According to her they never even had sex
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  16. #17366
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    She was raped by her pimp/boyfriend. Not by the person she murdered. According to her they never even had sex
    Fair. His intent was to rape her. She stopped him.

  17. #17367

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Fair. His intent was to rape her. She stopped him.
    How was his intent to rape her when he paid her to have sex with him. How was he trying to rape her when he was shot in his head in his sleep with his hands under his head. Please explain how this is possibile
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  18. #17368
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    How was his intent to rape her when he paid her to have sex with him. How was he trying to rape her when he was shot in his head in his sleep with his hands under his head. Please explain how this is possibile
    She was underage. Paying for rape is still rape.

  19. #17369

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    She was underage. Paying for rape is still rape.
    What is your point. There is no evidence that he knew she was underage. As far as he knew she made the age of consent. This means he deserved to be shot in the back of the head?

    The age of consent in many states is 16. The age of consent in Canada as a whole is 16. The age of consent in most of Europe is 16 or even younger. He did nothing to deserve being shot. So why did she murder him?
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  20. #17370
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    What is your point. There is no evidence that he knew she was underage. As far as he knew she made the age of consent. This means he deserved to be shot in the back of the head?

    The age of consent in many states is 16. The age of consent in Canada as a whole is 16. The age of consent in most of Europe is 16 or even younger. He did nothing to deserve being shot. So why did she murder him?
    It's really weird that this is the hill you're choosing to die on.

  21. #17371
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    What is your point. There is no evidence that he knew she was underage. As far as he knew she made the age of consent. This means he deserved to be shot in the back of the head?

    The age of consent in many states is 16. The age of consent in Canada as a whole is 16. The age of consent in most of Europe is 16 or even younger. He did nothing to deserve being shot. So why did she murder him?
    I didnít say that he deserved to get murdered. I said he paid to rape her. If he thought she was #batelylegal, thatís no excuse; itís his responsibility not to rape an underage girl. What the age of consent is somewhere else is irrelevant.

    Itís really weird that youíre choosing this hill to die on. Who cares what other people say about it for the 15 minutes its in the news?

  22. #17372

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    It's really weird that this is the hill you're choosing to die on.
    When did holding the media accountable become a bad thing?
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  23. #17373
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    When did holding the media accountable become a bad thing?
    Youíd think it would be worthwhile to choose a story that mattered even a little, or whether the faults you see would make any difference to the outcome.

  24. #17374

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I didnít say that he deserved to get murdered. I said he paid to rape her. If he thought she was #batelylegal, thatís no excuse; itís his responsibility not to rape an underage girl. What the age of consent is somewhere else is irrelevant.

    Itís really weird that youíre choosing this hill to die on. Who cares what other people say about it for the 15 minutes its in the news?
    I see a lot of people spewing misinformation about it and these people need to be called out and be made aware of the facts.
    Everything should be joked about

    Anti Zionism can be anti semitisim

  25. #17375

    Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    I see a lot of people spewing misinformation about it and these people need to be called out and be made aware of the facts.
    :insert someone is wrong on the internet meme here:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 13 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 10 guests)

  1. Yankee Tripper

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts