+ Reply to Thread
Page 825 of 867 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 835 ... LastLast
Results 20,601 to 20,625 of 21652
    NYYF Legend

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    No no, that's my exact argument. Just as MDC blamed Salinger, this lunatic blamed Trump. Salinger and Trump are equally guilty. Or do you believe Salinger should've been held responsible for John Lennon's shooting? That would at least be consistent.
    My recall of Catcher on the Rye is a bit thin. Can you remind me which part calls for the kiling of famous musicians?

I don't think I've seen anyone argue that Trump is or should be legaly responsible for for what the Australian white nationalist psycho in New Zealand did yesterday at the Mosques.

I have correctly seen many folks call out Trump for fanning the flames of violence in the white nationalist movement and his words have at least to some extent inspired at least 3 people to act violently with deadly results. Despite these attacks, with multiple killers citing Donald J Trump as an inspiration our President continues to use devisive and and angry rhetoric with both direct and indirect calls to violence against certain types and/or classes of people.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    No. What's ridiculous (and I suspect, intellectually dishonest of you) is for you to equate a work of fiction to the words and actions of the most powerful man in the world.

Just stop.
    I'll take your advice and stop. I'm wasting my time anyway. I've made the points I wanted to and that's all I can do.

And an explainer on NZ gun laws. Strict but with some notable gaps. I wonder if there will be any action taken.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/15/182670...osque-shooting
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

I'll take your advice and stop. I'm wasting my time anyway. I've made the points I wanted to and that's all I can do.
    I love posts like this. Thank you for your service.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I was part of the conversation here about it so no, I did not miss it. I disagreed with your take.
    So, what exactly did you disagree with ?

Do you think that the financer of a project should be held liable for the actions of the people controlling the project?
    I like big mutt,s and I can not lie....

If you had Rush Limbaugh in your pool of “false flag, leftists are behind it”.........well, you probably didn’t get good odds but, yes, it was him.

No no, that's my exact argument. Just as MDC blamed Salinger, this lunatic blamed Trump. Salinger and Trump are equally guilty. Or do you believe Salinger should've been held responsible for John Lennon's shooting? That would at least be consistent.
    This shouldn’t need explaining, but Chapman took Salinger's words to mean something not only unintended, but completely unrelated to their actual meaning. The NZ shooter, on the other hand, heard in Trump's words a message of white supremacy, nationalism, anti-Muslim fervor and a condoning of violence, which is pretty well on the mark.

Look, o one is saying Trump is directly culpable, and he hasn’t been advocating mass murder. But what he’s been saying can certainly be seen as a direct inspiration for someone headed in that direction.
    Last edited by JL25and3; 03-16-19 at 09:00 AM.

And more to read!

An Update on Elizabeth Warren's Housing Plan

Don't any of you all say that none of the candidates are talking about without adding "except Warren" to the end of the sentence because that's all she does. Yes, Maynerd, I'm talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Look, no one is saying Trump is directly culpable,mind he hasn’t been advocating mass murder. But what he’s been saying can certainly be seen as a direct inspiration for someone headed in that direction.
    Fully agree. Trump is not responsible for the horror in New Zealand, any more than Salinger was responsible for John Lennon. But, Trump did nothing to disabuse someone who was a bit deranged from the idea of violence. Quite the opposite, he has kicked the door wide open, allowing others to walk right in. And as a world leader, that is completely irresponsible.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Yes, Maynerd, I'm talking to you.
    I'm not sure why. I've stated before that while I don't necessarily agree with her agenda, she has spelled it out remarkably well. Much better than anyone else running, to include the incumbent (which is more than a little scary). Her policy-wonkishness has always been one of her strengths.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Hope is eternal

Well Trump just said white nationalism is not a growing problem. Just a small group. (I call them the Trump base).
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    A shame that she’s concerned about the future of the planet? We need more kids like her.
    I said shame on the parents for pimping out their kids like that and filling them with anxiety.
    Fully operational Death Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    False. The scientific community is close to 100% certainty that humans are causing global warming, with every major institution studying climate related science around the world in agreement. For climate change deniers such as yourself there is nothing that would give you 100% certainty, even if the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets completely melted in the next 10 years and you were standing up to your ass in water on top of Mr. Ararat. Anything to protect the fossil fuel industry and those politicians who are in their pockets.
    Thats not true, this whole 97% of scientists agree crap is nothing but a parlour trick. Its simply not true, and if you look you can find plenty of peer reviewed research that tells a different story.

Beto reminds me of like a rapey second cousin of the Kennedys.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jburke View Post
    Thats not true, this whole 97% of scientists agree crap is nothing but a parlour trick. Its simply not true, and if you look you can find plenty of peer reviewed research that tells a different story.
    I'll wait for you to produce something that actually supports this statement. There have been multiple literature surveys, etc. that all come between 90 and 100%.

Beto reminds me of like a rapey second cousin of the Kennedys.
    Rapey? Really?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    I'll wait for you to produce something that actually supports this statement. There have been multiple literature surveys, etc. that all come between 90 and 100%.
    I linked to them several pages ago.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Rapey? Really?
    Yes hes got that look.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Read the book climate change reconsidered. Boring as hell but i learned a lot.

Read the book climate change reconsidered. Boring as hell but i learned a lot.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_He...ments_incident
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

I know exactly who they are. Much more credible than the government paid scientists depending on grant money.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    And, not that most people need to have this distinction made for them, the difference between Trump’s words and everyone else’s is nearly everyone else would change tone if they thought violence was inspired by their words.

Trump’s words are absolutely connected to the Quebec mosque bomber, Florida mail bomber, Pittsburgh synagogue shooter and yesterday’s terrorist, but it’s been less than 24 hours since he suggested violence and did so while linking to a racist website.
    And AIDS. Hes responsible for that too i heard.

And AIDS. Hes responsible for that too i heard.
    For somebody who pulls the “don’t make me defend him” line, you sure are in a rush to.......always defend him.

I know exactly who they are. Much more credible than the government paid scientists depending on grant money.
    So, the government paid scientists who are collaborating on a hoax with scientists from other governments continue to get paid to hoax across administrations (meaning the Trump Admin is paying to perpetuate the same lie as the Obama Admin)?

You can say that all you want, but it's totally false. This is just like the 60s and 70s when we had to have hearings to determine that cigarette smoking caused lung cancer. Give me a break. The world scientific community is in agreement about greenhouse gasses and global warming caused by humans. Some right wing scientists represent the Rush Limbaughs of the world who would convince audiences that global warming is a hoax, which serves to appease the extreme right because they're not interested in facts, just what they want to hear. Like I said earlier, there's nothing that could ever convince you otherwise, so just keep leaning on your alternative facts and government conspiracy theories. The rest of the world will continue to look for solutions.
    Let the kids play.

Thread Information